Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

19%
Current donation status as of February 28, 2021 = $463.18 of $2,500
19%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Question on Unexpected Relationships with Netjer  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Sekhmetnenek

• Shemsu
Question on Unexpected Relationships with Netjer
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:54:27 am »
Em hotep everyone!

There are so many Names of Netjer, and each and every one of Them interacts with us differently. Some of these relationships are quick and expected, but some of them are absolutely a bolt from the blue. Are there Name(s) of Netjer that you have a relationship/connection with that you never expected would happen? And, if so, how did it come about (if you don't mind sharing)?

I, for one, never thought Nebt-het would be in my life. She popped in once during the Beginner's Class, said "Hello" and left. I was actually kind of scared, because of what I had erroneously read on the internet about Her. But after I got to know Her a little, through talking with Her children and beloveds, I came to love Her and really cherish Her presence. It was a huge shock when She showed up in my RPD, but I was absolutely thrilled.
Sekhmetnenek|Sekhmet Belongs to Me|
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert,
Mery Nebthet-Nit-Seshat

Re: Question on Unexpected Relationships with Netjer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:12:39 am »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh,

I have had a similar encounter with Nebt-Het a while ago. I was at the time very close with Usir and by default also close to Aset. Aset was more quiet to me, most likely because it was her husband I was concentrating on, but all the while she was a strong presence. Then, out of the blue her sister Nebt-Het crept into the picture; saying 'Hello, her I am...' and not much else.  Like you Sekhmetnenek, I was unsure how to approach Nebt-Het, but then I began to see how her and Aset were such matches for on another; being the twins that they are.  I did some research and discovered that one translation for her name meant completion; and seeing how she seemed to complete Aset it just clicked. I began to see Aset and Nebt-Het as one; both separate in their priorities though entwined by their divinity; for eternity striding side by side; Mother of Life Giving Heka infused with the Protector of the Eternal Heka! It was and still is just an amazing feeling I get when I honor the two. :)
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:32:41 am »
M Htp!

For me it was in the second Beginner's Class when Nethert showed up.  It was like "Hello, I'm here", *Mwah, kiss, kiss* Then she left.  I thought nothing of it until the thread on Netjer Astrology Sorta where it was revealed I was born during her month and she corresponds to the Greek and Roman Goddesses of love whose sign of Libra I'm born under.  Since she's seen as the Kemetic Goddess of Love, then things started to fall into place.  Personally I'm a very loving person, I give my love freely to those who ask and those who don't.  I'm quick to forgive if someone apologizes and seems to mean it.  It's pretty much forgive and forget (to an extent).  I'd definitely say she's my female side of myself, which is pretty much dominates my personality.  Apparently she was always there, but lurking in the shadows.  She was that unknown voice that always advised me in matters of the heart.  Since recognizing her, I've grown to dislike meat products and seem to drink more milk, which was usually the opposite.  I call her "Moo-ma" .  I thought for the longest time that Sekhmet would be my Mom (haven't had my RPD yet), but it's my understanding that if you get Nethert, then by default you get her polar opposite of Sekhmet.  Both Motherly figures but with different ways of tending to there kids.

Anyway, that's my take on Nethert.  YMMV

Senebty,
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

Offline Sobekemiti

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 03:59:36 am »
Hotep,

I had Amun show up out of the blue a few weeks before Opet and He's been around since then. Never had any inkling He was going to turn up. Just one day, there He is, and He wants to be friends. Companions, that was the word He used. Getting to know Him has been very interesting, and He is suggesting brain-breaking things to me like 'Sobek is Amun is Ra' which just makes my head hurt to think about it. Thanks, dude. Much appreciated.

But I'm glad He turned up and I like having Him around. He likes my apple crumble. He's particularly interested in the magic system Djehuty wants me to create as well, and asks me questions about how it works. (Don't ask, it's a long story best suited for a separate thread. XP) I don't know if this means He wants to help out or not, but He's welcome to hang around as long as He likes.
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') | Genderfluid (they/them) | Sau Apprentice
mes-en-Sobek Shedety
meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet
Per sebek |

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:25:25 am »
Em hotep! Neat thread.
I had a dream where Wepwawet appeared as a cloaked jackal-man in darkness, and then another dream where someone mentioned His name, so now I have this inkling/interest to get to know Him.
Although I've been talking to Yinepu more, especially in regards to my doggies. I still don't know either of Them very well or really how to work with Them. Whether it's me or Them or just my dreams reflecting what I read on the forums, I don't know.
Nefertem used to show up both before and after my RPD, of course afterwards it made more sense. He's kinda like a brother to me now, though I haven't felt His presence in a while.
One time I thought Min (or Amun-Min?) visited me as I was dozing off. I have no explanation for it, lol.
I also have a weird obsession with Pakhet, but I feel it's because She's connected with my line-up.
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Menekh

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:37:04 am »
Em Hotep!

Back when I was in the beginners class, I was walking out to my car in the parking lot of the building where I lived.  I was feeling really connected that day with Geb beneath my feet and Nut overhead.  I suddenly felt a breeze across my face accompanied by "that" feeling you get when They are around you.  I immediately looked up to the trees around me and there was no movement and no other sign of a breeze anywhere.  So, I said "hello" to Shu and counted my blessings! It later made more sense.

Menekh
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Metitaitui

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 09:25:11 am »
For me it is Wesir. I met Him for the first time on His birthday either the first or second Wep Ronpet after my RPD and I thought that would be it but since then He has stopped by many times to see how I'm doing. I feel a connection to Him but I haven't been able to place just what that connection is and whenever He comes around it makes me so happy, like seeing a long lost friend. I have some ideas (like His connection to Ra) but next time He comes around I just may ask Him. ;) He's claimed a beer glass I got while on a brewery tour and at the Wag Fest gathering in CT I won some fig incense in a raffle which Hemet mentioned was a Wesir scent. I think that may have been a hint that He wants more interaction. I just got to get out of this slump I'm in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Metitaitui »
sat Set her Djehuty meryt Ra, Heru-wer, her Hethert

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
Wesir-Sokar: After the beginner's course I had an in passing sensation of smelling dirt... which I knew was associated with Wesir. I wasn't sure I really wanted to get to know Him, so I basically ignored Him. When Wesir-Sokar showed up in my RPD lineup, I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't know anything about Him and was uncomfortable with the fact that He is basically a 'dead' god, if that makes sense. I had a really tough time getting to know Wesir-Sokar and it took me until Wesir's birthday during the new year celebrations to actually sit down and open up to Him. I learned a lot about Him that day and am MUCH more comfortable with Him. I don't  see Him in the same manner anymore.

Hethert: I didn't expect to really get to know Her at all. My mother, Bast, brought Her to me in a dream... after I decided to open myself to Her I've become really close to Her. She's the one I can count on to make a party out of any situation. If you need cheering up, She's right there waiting to be asked.

So far, I haven't really had any other huge surprises... There is one goddess that I still don't know who She is that visited me during my beginner's class, but I feel as though She'll never let me know Her identity.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »
Every god in my RPD lineup, except for Set, was completely unexpected.  Especially my Mother.  But that's another story for another time.

My latest unexpected relationship is with the Jackal.  So Yinepu He's Wepwawet, so Wepwawet He's Yinepu, the Jackal I get is right there on that very liminal border where He is everything and both and neither all at once.

The Jackal had poked me a few times, but the time when He really made Himself known and the relationship began was earlier this year.  I was having a bad day, to put it mildly. So bad that I honestly felt like I was going insane.  Right there, teetering on the border between sanity and insanity was where I heard His voice in my head, loud and clear.  Of course, thinking that I was going crazy, I didn't believe it in the least bit and asked for proof that He was Who He said He was and not just my mind playing tricks on me.

I got back to work and was greeted by a beautiful golden dog with the most haunting chocolate brown eyes.  The dog demanded pettings, and it was so sweet.  Upon entering the building I realized with a shock, that dog was my 'sign' that it was the Jackal in my head and not me going crazy.

This relationship was extremely unexpected because the gods I have relationships with are all creationists.  Even though my Mother is a Lady of the West, I 'get' Her in Her creationix role.  I have no experience with and had never been touched, poked, or prodded by any chthonic deities whatsoever.

I don't know why it was Him, but I do know why He came into my life to help me out. And now that that situation is over, He's sticking around and I am glad to have Him.  Though of course, with the offerings and plushie-snugglings, there's no wonder why He's not taking off anytime soon. ;)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 10:17:33 am »
I have a connection to Nebt-Het I never expected. It started out with incessant thoughts of her name, then the overwhelming pressure to buy her scent from Tabau, and finally a strong push to buy her statue.

Not really much of a relationship with her. Now that she's got herself in, got herself situated, she seems quiet, a background presence, always there but never vocal.

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 11:46:45 am »
i never thought that Nebthet would be present in my life. or Set for that matter even though hes not an 'official' part of my line up. i think he was the first building block to getting to know Nebthet better. it was a pleasant surprise when she began visiting me in the beginner class and i actually hoped shed be a beloved.
shes a lot quieter  now though.

my most recent unexpected relationship is with the Jackals.
which was very surprising.
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 03:58:15 am »
Seckmetmenek - Hello :).

I have always had Yinepu with me, to the extent that when I was dedicating my shrine I asked Netjer not to let me "lose" Him. (Silly me, I do know that whether or not He turns up in RPD, there's nothing about losing anyOne).

Extremely unexpectedly, I have had Min turn up (sorry with Min, anything you say can be... well, you know. If I'd said "popped up"...). I'm just wondering if He was the very loving voice that said "Don't worry, daughter", when I was stupidly worrying about "losing" my guard dog...

Just a thought :).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 12:08:05 pm »
Min seems to be like that doesn't He....always "turns up" unexpectedly.

Nobody expects the Inquisition...haa
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 03:32:48 pm »
Nefertem seems to like me paying attention to Him; ever since I learned about Him He seems to be in my life. Mostly He motivates me to get back into art and kicks my butt when I procrastinate on my drawings.
At first I thought He might be a Beloved, but no. It's okay though, I honour Him anyway. He's a sweet-scented inspiration, kind and gentle but He doesn't abide with dilly-dallying.
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 09:20:40 pm »
Quote from: Taiawepwawet
I have a connection to Nebt-Het

she seems quiet, a background presence, always there but never vocal.

She's like that with me sometimes too.  Although sometimes I get poetry from her which can help me understand her more or make my head hurt.  :-)  

Just like Set and Heru Wer or Set and Wesir can balance eachother, She's the balance with Aset.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3353
  • stats Total Posts: 300744
  • stats Total Topics: 20689
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything