collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Gods in the line-up  (Read 50787 times)

Offline ubenet

Re: Gods in the line-up
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »
Quote from: Senneferet
Would you say that Sekhmet-Hethert is the 'softer', more motherloy side of Sekhmet rather than being a joined deity with Hethert? Likewise, would someone with Hethert-Sekhmet in their line up experience a more determined (I'm loathe to say fierce) form of Hethert but no Sekhmet?

In this way you have Sekhmet the healer and mother rather than Sekhmet the warrior 90% of the time?

within the framework of the RPD, when you get Sekhmet, you get Hethert, and when you get Hethert, you get Sekhmet. They don't come separately. as far as personal experiences go, though, some people definitely get a more or less "Hethert-y" Sekhmet or "Sekhmet-y" Hethert - there's probably as much variation as there are children and beloveds of them.
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 06:00:45 pm »
What the RPD says and what reality is... that's two different things.

(The RPD is only equipped to say "Sekhmet-Hethert", it is not equipped to say "Sekhmet". It is impossible for you to get the latter result even if that is how Sekhmet is choosing to present to you. Limitations of the system.)
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

Offline ubenet

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »
Quote from: Henytenwepwawet
What the RPD says and what reality is... that's two different things.

(The RPD is only equipped to say "Sekhmet-Hethert", it is not equipped to say "Sekhmet". It is impossible for you to get the latter result even if that is how Sekhmet is choosing to present to you. Limitations of the system.)

that's exactly what i mean. the rpd can only tell you so much; the rest is between you and your gods. i think that's a good thing in a lot of ways; if i'd had some kind of readout like "your Mother is 54% Sekhmet, 43% Mut, and 3% Hethert," i would miss out on a lot of time spent praying and contemplating and whatnot. i like the gray areas. :)
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset

I feel the same about having no Serqet in my Aset...

Heh....I keep thinking of the Recess penut butter cup commercials when I read this (i.e. you got your chocolate in my penut butter!)  ^_^

On a more serious note, I think the other "aspects" come through in subtle ways more often than we realize.  For example, I get Serqet as a mother and She was insistant on the throne being part of Her statue.  Outside of that I don't have much in the way of signs of Aset's presence.  

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Priest of Nebt-het and Serqet
Beloved of Ptah and Tasenetnofret
revdwinterfeldt@kemet.org

Offline Sekhmetnenek

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:32 am »
Quote from: Sedjemes
Hotep Nenek....

Hmmm really? No Hethert, you are thinking?

Now, I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting you in person but....why am I finding that ever so difficult to believe....

Just pondering :D

Hotep Kai-Imakhu Sedjemes!

I guess I just have never had an experience where my mind goes "HETHERT!!!!" :D The feelings associated with Hethert I feel, but I don't have the feeling of a presence around that is Hethert.

Hmmm, I shall have to ponder too!
Sekhmetnenek|Sekhmet Belongs to Me|
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert,
Mery Nebthet-Nit-Seshat

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 06:54:49 am »
I'm a beloved of Tefnut, which doesn't seem to be very common, and growing more squee every time She's mentioned. :> So thanks to Naisenu.

I get my Tefnut in two forms, Tefnut and Tefnut-as-Bast, so perhaps not really 'typical'.

Also with my Mother, Serqet, I don't feel Aset in there. {... anyone have statistics how common Serqet is? I've been trying to count, but I'd like to know the more updated status.}

I think really, the gods can present any amount of variations They choose to. It's something I'm still trying to wrap head around, it's just how it comes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tasaiserqet »
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 09:26:42 am »
Quote from: Imyutimuti
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset

I feel the same about having no Serqet in my Aset...

Heh....I keep thinking of the Recess penut butter cup commercials when I read this (i.e. you got your chocolate in my penut butter!)  ^_^

On a more serious note, I think the other "aspects" come through in subtle ways more often than we realize.  For example, I get Serqet as a mother and She was insistant on the throne being part of Her statue.  Outside of that I don't have much in the way of signs of Aset's presence.  

Senebty,
Imti

Ha...nice. See now, when you say that about the throne, that screams Aset to me...She is very much "throne-y" with me. Queenly, but also motherly. In a no-nonsense manner...but of course. She likes when I address Her: "Aset, My Mother, My Goddess, My Queen". Heh...a friend of mine described it awesomely. Something about the kind of chick that will be able to go give birth in the reeds, raise an awesome son, and then be able to sit on the throne regally, fully composed...really, all those who have called Her a ninja...so true. Renaissance woman...ha.

Serqet I think of as more shadowy...more associated with serpents and of course scorpions-perhaps a little more "chthonic", more about healing and the deep places, less about management or "human order" and magic and whatnot.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 09:31:29 am »
The story of Aset and the 7 seven scorpions, seems more like Aset-Serqet to me....obviously...it occurs to me the *mother* aspect there might be the link...
Timu

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:12 am »
Here's some weirdness for you:  My father and my first beloved are sometimes the same god.  
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:52 am »
And who's that Tek?
Timu

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 09:53:25 am »
Heru-wer :)

Sorry, forgot that my gods aren't in my signature anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bestekeni »
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 09:56:59 am »
Oh, ha. No worries. Yeah, I'm also coming to terms on similiarities, or dare I even say it-an aspected kind of thing between Min & Wesir....s'weird....
Timu

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:11 am »
I think that Naydler talks a bit about Min and Asar being similar, or swapped out in one of his books. Might be worth looking into.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:16 am »
Oh yea? Hmm, I have Temple of the Cosmos(I think it is?) I just can't seem to re-finish it....

Tek, got any info on the Bes/Heru-Wer thing? I've never heard of that before...
Timu

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:31:18 am »
Yeah, it should be in Temple of the Cosmos. I remember it is in the location where all of the phalluses lie- where you see lots of reference to growth from Asar's body, etc. Should be in that area.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal