Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A thought on multiple creation stories  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
A thought on multiple creation stories
« on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:45 pm »
As it is confusingly explained   here, depending on how light is measured, it can be either a set of particles or a set of waves. In the same respect, there are theories in quantum physics vaguely explained here says that we take all possible routes simultaneously. So, using the same idea that nature itself has suggested, do you all believe that this is a somewhat scientific way to explain how all the creation stories can conflict and yet all be true?

The idea is that you take all routes but always end up at the same end, so it doesn't really matter how you got there. In the same way, all the creation stories result in the creation of the world.

What do you guys think about this? Make sense? Am I going in the wrong direction entirely? :)
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: A thought on multiple creation stories
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »
That makes sense to me! :)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Senytmenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:28:18 pm »
The idea is that you take all routes but always end up at the same end, so it doesn't really matter how you got there. In the same way, all the creation stories result in the creation of the world.

Em hotep, Faofeng,

AKA Polyvalent Logic.  ;)  

For me, multiple stories on a subject represent different aspects of Netjer and/or illustrated lessons on a theme.  Which ones are "true"?  They all are!  Leave your Western mindset at the door, please.  :)

Senebty,
Senut
Senytmenu (The Two Endure)
Sat Sekhmet & Wepwawet
Meryt Bast, Set & Aset
Heri-seshta Sekhmet

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:04 pm »
works for me.  I've always thought of science as the study of Netjer and Netjer's actions.
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 03:10:17 pm »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh,

Like it has been said here and elsewhere, all the creation myths and incorrect to be sole truth yet 'all' are correct to be truth. Many of the variants in the myths are very minor: Ex. Changing the staring lead in the Iunu (Heileopolian myth) from Atum to Ra; due in part to the prominence of the Cult of Ra over Atum's at the time.  

I personally have been very dedicated to the myths for several years now, studying them to see how they meld together to form a 'perfect truth'. This does not mean one is wrong and other is right; I am exploring how each myth, melded together forms a logical and balance truth without omitting any of the details from another myth ;)

Anyway, just remember; all the creation myths and incorrect to be a sole truth, yet 'all' of them are correct to be truth.  

Senabty-Rh'ekh
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:12:14 pm »
I liked reading Naydler's take on how the various creation myths play together in his book "Temple of the Cosmos". Worth reading about.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3311
  • stats Total Posts: 299382
  • stats Total Topics: 20542
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything