collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Doubts, Voicing Doubts, and finally accepting HON  (Read 12179 times)

Offline Sekhmetnenek

• Shemsu
Re: Doubts, Voicing Doubts, and finally accepting HON
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 01:56:51 pm »
Sounds just like Sekhmet to me. She is a persistent Mother.
Sekhmetnenek|Sekhmet Belongs to Me|
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert,
Mery Nebthet-Nit-Seshat

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
She sure is. I've bought a larger statue of Sekhmet but I'm not going to post a new shrine photo until I get the obelisk. Back when I was practicing Wicca my mother was against it but she knows that I love Egypt, want to make it a job, and I love the Egyptian gods. So other than being worried about me joining HON because of the whole spiritual leader thing, she's very much supportive of my Kemetic belief, which I'm happy about.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 10:10:59 pm »
Em hotep Following Sekhmet:

There are always going to be naysayers who will warn you off anything and everything (as if your own doubts aren't enough!) Surely this is not the first time we have heard the charge of "cult" levelled at us.  There are all sorts of rumors out there, some of which you have to wonder where such things come from.

We are ourselves.  None of us here is perfect. The Temple has never demanded blind obedience.  I think the nature of a mostly organized religion sort of sends off alarm bells for people who are running from other organized religions or bad experiences from those Faiths. I think we do pride ourselves on being very open minded, lucid and willing to talk with people about individual concerns, etc.  

That being said, not everyone here agrees 100% with each other  and that's fine.  It'd be one heck of a boring world if we did agree 100% of the time. What binds us together is community and love of Netjer.

Senebty!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 10:56:50 pm »
Which is what I feel.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »
Hey, don't worry. I've gone through the beginners class and I am still having doubts as to whether or not I truely belong here and if I should go thorugh the RPD. (Of course, the same thing could be said about my life as a whole.) From my own experiences, I think some level of doubt is acceptable and even healthy. I'd be worried if there were people who weren't, as blind loyalty can be a harmful thing once it gets out of control.

It takes time to figure out where you belong, especially on a spiritual level so you should expect to have some doubts. But it's good to express them, it lets others help you come to terms with them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:19:48 pm by Tobi »

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 07:09:25 pm »
Em hotep Tobi:

Finding out where you belong spiritually should be a lifelong process. There is no magical "arrival" where you have the perfect fit and you never have to think about it anymore or contemplate whether or not you agree or disagree. I would question those who imagine that's how it should work.

We are thinking, feeling individuals all of us, not yes (wo)men. Doubts, fears and skepticism are all designed to keep you safe. There is no problem in using them to ensure exactly that.
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

Offline Menekh

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »
Em Hotep *henu*

I think doubt can be a very healthy thing.  When dealing with something as personal and as dynamic as faith - especially a faith that involves a great deal of spirit work and heka practice, I think it is wise to walk with one hand open and the other full of doubt. It is a good practice that aids in maintaining balance and also aids in measuring what might be "real" against what might be just our own headspace, or something ingenuine.

It's all good and quite normal and healthy. :)

Menekh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Menekh »
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 10:54:40 am »
You guys are making me cry, thanks for being supportive. I've talked to the Rev, I got a hold of her on Facebook, and she told me that I can mail the application to her. So I'm there, I'm going to sign up and then decide at the end of the course if I should do the Parent Divination. I really hope that Sekhmet is in it. Of course if she isn't I'm not going to go all crying and screaming. I go with the flow and it will be interesting to see who my divine parents are.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 10:57:42 am »
Okay, this isn't related to my question but where is my name and some of the others, their gone-blank. Is something wrong with the system?

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 11:31:08 am »
looks fine to me, must have been a temporary glitch somewhere
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:25 am »
I don't know, your name is gone as well. Of course it could just be my computer.

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »
I think it's your computer.  try a reboot?
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 03:19:17 pm »
I'll try that.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124