collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Something that happened to me, God related.  (Read 2889 times)

Something that happened to me, God related.
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:49:48 pm »
Imhotep, everyone,

I decided to ask this question as I think that you all can answer it for me. I came in to do my morning ritual and I suddenly felt really ill. I hadn't felt that way before I entered but it hit me when I entered. I tried to figure out where it was coming from, did my ritual despite the ill filling, and then I was hit with a horrible headache which made me run to the bathroom.

I purified my mouth again and came back and was once again hit with the headache and sickness. So I went into the living room and meditated, asking Sekhmet to tell me what was going on. Finally a voice in my head told me that I had Sekhmet in the wrong spot, that she wanted a shrine of her own, so I returned and I changed things up. I put Sekhmet on the shrine that I had for Aset and then I put Aset on the shrine with Heru.

The sickness vanished along with the headache.

So do you think that Sekhmet sent me the illness because she didn't like being with Heru or what. This is the first time that this has happened.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
Re: Something that happened to me, God related.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:55:41 pm »
I personally have never been made ill by a request from the gods. Normally, in my experience, they don't pull those tricks unless they've been asking things for a long time, and you don't listen. When Setekh wanted his own area, he slowly bothered me mentally, and eventually it got to a point I couldn't stand it. Kind of like an itch you can't scratch.

On a side note, usually if you feel ill, it's not advised to perform ritual. You're not mentally (or physically) pure enough to spend time with the gods, and it's usually best to wait until the symptoms subside. When I get migraines, I stay out of shrine, because I won't be able to think clear enough to get anything done anyways.

For what it's worth.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:48:43 pm »
Do you think they were trying to tell me something.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 01:58:09 pm »
That I can't answer. Only thing I could recommend would be to ask her again, to double check that you got things right, or to keep an ear out in the future for anything she wants/needs.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »
Quote from: Following_Sekhmet
Do you think they were trying to tell me something.

Do you?

My personal opinion, take it for what it's worth :) Is that I would be very hesitant to suspect that Netjer sent an illness in order to communicate something to me.  If They happen to do so, that would actually deter me from wanting to interact with Them.  I also oppose those invisible fences and shock collars that keep pets in the yard.

Sometimes an illness is just an illness.  For instance, I have similar physical reaction to what you describe when I take a Vitamin C pill with a Zinc pill.  Or indigestion and I just need a big belch.  Or flu. Or any number of mundane reasons, including psychosomatic.

I do believe that, if displeased with Their shrine layout or offerings, Netjer will knock stuff over or break things.  Or cause static in our brains where we all but obsess until we get it right.  But to send Their followers a sensation of physical displeasure? Not a nice way to communicate at all.  If I even suspected such a thing, I'd have none of it and tell Them so in no uncertain terms.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
I switched Sekhmet and put her on her own personal shrine and it hasn't happened since. Even though a couple don't think that Netjer was sending me a message I think that she was. I think that there might of been some problems in the great beyond and Heru and Sekhmet were mad at each other or something (heck I don't live in the great beyond so I don't really know). Took some time today to talk with Isis, reconnect with a goddess that's helped me through my life troubles (a lot of them you wouldn't want your children to face).

I burned some incense and lit a candle then meditated. Felt better after I left the shrine room.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal