collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A little confused now  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
A little confused now
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:41:14 pm »
Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to put this post, as well, there doesnt seem to be an obvious " what on earth do I do now?" section.

This is going to be hard to explain, and really, I suppose I am asking for reassurance or guidance as best can be given.

Before I was aware of who was interacting with me, my friends matron goddess hecate was helping me through him, to become aware of who it was, she infact became very impatient with me!

Speed forward a few months later, I'm crippled in bed for 3 months,and found to my joy, Ma'at has been with me many a year, and Bast has joined the fun ^.^

Now I am in beginners class, thought I had  got this all sorted in my head, only of couse to have eveything turned on its head again.

In a dream, Hecate came to me, and went through what i like to call my third eye, I then astral planed out of my body, where I dont really know what went on, but in my head at the time it all made perfect sense, but it feels to me as if, Hecate was my missing peice.  

Now I am uncertain what this means for my future practice.
Hecate certainly hasnt yelled at me for being totally in love with everything egpytian - or other goddesses. you see i'm told from various sources that Hecate doesnt like to share, and other dietys tend to back off once Hecate is there. When I have asked if it is ok, to carry on I get an ok, and warmth, but I dont know if this is a, yes but only for Ma'at and Bast way!
I do not know if this is true for here? I realise other people here, do interact with other pantheons, or religions, but I am struggling to get this to make sense now I'm not busy whirling around on the astral plane as it were!

I'm confused as to wether I should carry on, and under go RPD, or how on earth Hecate does indeed fit into my life with the Netjer
The interaction I get from Ma'at and Bast doesnt seem so strong, and I guess overall, my main worry is that they might go away?
Am I over worrying?
:(

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
Re: A little confused now
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure there are many here who also worship Gods for other Pantheons too.  
Since Hecate says She's fine with it, I don't see any problem with continuing :).  Also, you can have your RPD and become a Divined Remetj, which means you don't take the vow to look to your Parent deities and beloveds first and foremost, as you would if you take the Shemsu vow.  Then again, I'm pretty sure there are Shemsu who work with different Pantheons, not to mention Religions aswell.  They just make sure it's ok with their Parents and Beloveds first.
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »
I know of at least one member here who is a Shemsu and still honours Hecate.  I hope they come and post here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:49:30 am by Iaityinepu »
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:50 am »
Em Hotep,
 I'm not the one Iait is talking about but I'm a shemsu and still worship Hecate and Hestia. The Gods of my RPD come first in everything, but I've been a Hecate devotee for over a decade and I feel that I still owe Her my respect and worship for all that She has done for me in the past. Hestia, for me, is also the quintessential Goddess of the hearth and home and I will continue honoring Her also because I feel close to Her.
My relationship with Them is nothing like my relationship with my Mother and Beloveds but it's been a part of me for a long time.
When I move to my new place, Hecate will get a small shrine at my front door (mock-crossroads) and Hestia will reside in my kitchen. The Gods and I seem quite happy with this.

Good luck on your Path!
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:51:25 am »
Plenty of people in our faith community, including myself, are fully practicing Kemetic Orthodox and also adhere to the traditions of other faiths or honor other gods. I practice Shinto, for instance. I know other folks who practice Heathenry and KO as well as other combinations.

I don't think this is an automatic impediment to your path. I think, instead, it may be part of what makes your path uniquely yours.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:34:39 am »
Aside from the excellent advice already given, I would just try not to worry about it for now.  You've only just started the beginners course.  Why not wait and see how things shake out?
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 04:23:32 pm »
You are all of course right, I just seem to be spiralling into unneccessary anxiety. I will try and relax :)

Offline Setjataset

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »
Quote from: Blissi

I'm confused as to wether I should carry on, and under go RPD, or how on earth Hecate does indeed fit into my life with the Netjer
The interaction I get from Ma'at and Bast doesnt seem so strong, and I guess overall, my main worry is that they might go away?
Am I over worrying?
:(

I am a devotee of Hekate who works with her consistantly since she called me to service BUT I also am devoted to my kemetic names as well (which I worked with before I worked with Hekate).  Personally Hekate has never told me that I am only to work with her and I know many others personally who work with Hekate as well as Egyptian Netjers without a problem.

Feel free to contact me privately if you want to chat but I personally feel it can work.

Senebty
Setjataset
sat Aset-Serqet
meryt Bast her Hethert-Sekhmet
her Seshat-Nit-Nebthet
[color:#00FF00]Sau Apprentice[/color]

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »
*chuckles*

I am also one who honors Hekate.  

I honor my Parents first, and Hekate second...  as She came into my life well after I was a Shemset.  She seems ok with it...and I have never been told that I'm only to work with Her.  I will admit, there is a little "chafing" sometimes... of which I take full responsibility as my Parents make it abundantly clear in their communications to me as to what they want, when, where... and occasionally I will be blessed with a why.  Hekate...  not so much.  I flounder a lot with her Her and I think that annoys her... *shrugs*  I guess my learning curve with Her is rather steep... thankfully She is patient with me.  0_0

Don't worry Blissi - it can be done.  It's not easy - but we're never promised easy.  
Senebty,

Qaitsenu

I will be remembered by those whose lives I've most affected, and least realized it.

W'abet Djehuty her Bast | Herisesheta Bast
Sau Apprentice | Fedw Diviner | The Original Kitbis

http://deskofthescribe.blogspot.com

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 03:55:15 pm »
Ahh thanks guys, I appreciate your input, it was getting abit brain bendy for me.
It is intruiging so many people say you can only work with her and thats it, when really... she must be flexible :p

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 12:39:20 pm »
Hotep, Blissi - I think we're on the beginner's course together (that's if I haven't blown it, as I panicked slightly at the thought of having to do a ritual at the same time every day, every single day! My home just doesn't work like that! :) ). I wouldn't worry too much about Hekate. I think, if you have a connection, you have a connection, end of. To my knowledge, doing the Beginner's, and becoming Remetj afterwards, if you want to, doesn't affect any other paths you may be friendly with or following...

Hope that was right?! (Or even helpful...)

Senebty.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 12:43:56 pm »
Sorry - not sure why that double-posted....
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 08:32:55 am »
All cleaned up! :)
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 09:58:13 am »
jet - you are right, we are on beginners together.
my experience has slowed me down a little, but i'm going to start senut soon, need to make some natron later first :)

* Most Recent Topics

topic Em hotep and greetings!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Kindred Sky
Today at 06:25:45 pm
topic Hi!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Yinepuemsaes
Today at 05:22:12 pm
topic time Machine
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
Asethepetwi