collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings to Yinepu  (Read 22866 times)

Re: Offerings to Yinepu
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 02:23:18 pm »
Wow,am I like the only one here who doesn't give toys to Yinepu?   :D

(and yea,furbies were a bit "out there",weren't they?  :grin:
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet,Beloved of Bast-Mut,Amun-Ra,Khonsu,and NebtHet-Nit-Seshat

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 02:24:05 pm »
For what it's worth, I've never offered Anpu a toy before. So you're not the only one.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
I'm really happy about all the responses that I've been given. I've gone to doing offerings twice a day now. I think that Yinepu is addicted to the Peppermint Bark that I've been giving him.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Menekh

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 05:50:54 pm »
Em Hotep.

I don't offer toys to Yinepu either.  The Yinepu I get is all business and rather serious most of the time. He and Wepwawet get resin incense.

Menekh
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »
I have offered before (and would offer again) little figurines of jackals to both Anubis and Wepwawet... if you wish to call them 'toys' you can. There's good evidence for votive sculptures and the like being offered in antiquity. One person's toy is another person's votive offering? XD
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »
I have found that when it comes to the Jackals, They can never have too many images of Themselves.  I do classify figurines as mini statues though. Not toys in my mind.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 06:43:58 pm »
*nods* Whew - I thought I was the only one who ever  got "Serious Yinepu"   ;) ,when I "get" Him at all. He always seems to have a sense of wry bemusement,yet solemn,and I've gotten the "toys,what,are you KIDDING me?" kind of thing from Him before. But maybe that's just how Yinepu is for me - YMMV,of course  :D
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet,Beloved of Bast-Mut,Amun-Ra,Khonsu,and NebtHet-Nit-Seshat

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 06:53:28 pm »
You're not the only JulieAnne :)  The Yinepu I "get" is serious and quiet all the time.  He can be quite strict as well!

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 07:25:20 pm »
In my personal experience Yinepu likes coffee, chocolate, and rum. Peace!

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 08:45:19 pm »
I've never offered Yinepu toys before.  He just wants to eat my food.  Anything with Dark Chocolate (especially if flavoured with a red berry of some sort), Rum, Meat, Candy (remember to remove the wrappers), if I eat (or drink) it, he wants it.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 09:33:23 pm »
Yinepu has a major sweet tooth. I offering him Peppermint Bark twice a day, which is to die for people. It's from a chocolate company called Ghirardelli and sells for about $2.00 a bar. It's limited edition, only for Christmas, and it's like dipping in a chocolate bath and drinking the finest wine that you've ever had. It makes the $2.00 worth it. They have it in milk and dark and the milk chocolate he likes.

He also likes fine coffee. That instant stuff no way will he drink it. I go with this company called Boca Java and I'm telling you he likes it. I let him have his coffee and chocolate fix and then I add my cream and sugar. This morning I tried it with that dark chocolate truffle creamery with sugar and after he had drunk it I drank it and went to bed.

People I had a strange dream and Yinepu called the drink that I gave him the best that he ever had. So I'm sticking with that, though I'll be sad when the holiday's end and the creamery is no longer made.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 03:49:40 am »
Well, I offered toys I bought to support people with leucemia or children's wards in hospitals and the like, so may have something to do with it? >_>

Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 09:10:23 am »
Quote from: Following_Sekhmet
Yinepu has a major sweet tooth.

Yep, and so do his children, me thinks :P
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 09:37:03 am »
Ah what a shame it is a limited chocolate bar; I would buy a stash and save them for special occasions :p

I would consider maybe adopting a wolf or similar from wwf?

Offline Menekh

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »
Quote from: Tasaiserqet
Well, I offered toys I bought to support people with leucemia or children's wards in hospitals and the like, so may have something to do with it? >_>

Em Hotep Tasai!

I think that any time we give some sort of offering like the one you mentioned, it is one of the best we can give. :)
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal