collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings to Yinepu  (Read 22879 times)

Re: Offerings to Yinepu
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 04:59:31 pm »
I hate that it's limited too. I've got five bars of it. When I get my money I'm going to buy as much as I can. I was thinking about freezing them so that my chocolate stash doesn't get infested. The worst chocolate to get infested with those little crawling things is chocolate covered cherries.

Found this out the hard way, yuck.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Brooklynfan

• Remetj
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 12:44:51 am »
In my experience, Yinepu is the more serious type, although he does seem to have a bit of a dry sense of humor.  

As for offerings,  he really does like liquor, in particular Cruzan navy rum (a black molasses rum) as well as alpenwolfe or jagermeister, whichever I happen to have on hand.  I tried offering Guinness once, but I got sort of a lukewarm "meh" from it.

Also, if you are a smoker (although it is certainly not a habit I would encourage in order to make offerings) I have found that he is a HUGE fan of pipe tobacco, especially some of the blends that are black cavendish based. (black cavendish is a fire pressed dark tobacco that has a cool burn very sweet taste and room aroma, especially if it has a topping.  It's only problem is that it tends to smoke "wet"). Although one problem with cav mixes is that they tend to dry out quickly (within a couple hours) so if you plan to smoke it afterwards, keep that in mind.  I remember once I left some out for him and forgot about it and when I got back it had gone dry and I got a rather distinctive impression of " well, why did you do that.. Now it's gone to waste". Now I leave my pouch near his statue (he seems to rather like the pouch as well) and just pull a bit out to offer.

But those are just my experiences, others may vary
"You see, those old stories aren’t through with us. No matter how many different names or masks we might wear... They’re just not finished with us yet."

"AVITOS JUVAMUS HONORES."
(We Uphold our Ancient Honours)

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 01:48:55 pm »
Hotep, everyone :).

The Yinepu I have known and loved since I was a very, very small child, is quite serious, but so very loving and comforting. I quite often offer Him pictures, which he seems to enjoy, (and if you saw some of my "pictures"...hmm, think 5 year old's rendition of "Mum", etc), and poems. I think He just enjoys the love :).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 06:51:39 am »
Em hotep! I just got the idea that Yinepu and Wepwawet both would like palm/scrying sized mirrors.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:38 am »
Hotep, Satsenu.

Interesting about the mirrors...Never thought of that before, but it does make sense in an "opening the ways" context. Cool :).

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 09:33:20 am »
Quote from: Blissi
Ah what a shame it is a limited chocolate bar; I would buy a stash and save them for special occasions :p

Peppermint bark is relatively easy to make, so it might be an option to make some yourself. The whole process of making the bark can be a way of connecting with him, prolonging the ritual, etc. You could even work heka into the bark, if wanted.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 09:35:43 am »
Quote from: Jet
Hotep, Satsenu.

Interesting about the mirrors...Never thought of that before, but it does make sense in an "opening the ways" context. Cool :).

I have a scrying bowl that I'm in the process of making that I'm dedicating to both Anpu and Setekh. It seemed very fitting when I started the project. :)

Anpu is a blend for me. More than serious, he's just quiet for me. He can be playful, but more often than not, he's calm. He's like this big dog I can curl up with when I feel like crap. It's very comforting.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:57 am »
In later periods with their Greco-Roman influences, Anubis is greatly associated with scrying and divination... so I am not at all surprised that he would like such things. Somewhere in one of the books I have there's even the translation of some ancient instructions for making a scrying bowl specifically for him.

I think Devo has stated Anubis' character well -- that is how he is for me too.

Aside from figurines/toys of canids, incense is something I'd offer, including scented oils and candles. Also various (responsibly sourced) bits of jackal/coyote/wolf, but particularly teeth and fur. The most specific thing I've ever offered has been the left side of a coyote's jawbone, as there is something very key-like about the shape of it (keys = more Greco-Roman influence but very relevant) and it also relates to one my favourite epithets for him.

I'd also offer to him things which can hold a secret. Such as a trinket box with a hidden compartment. And if you want to get particularly esoteric, nice objects made from glass. Lampworked glass beads in the shape of bones go down well. Anubis uses sand to hide and obscure the resting places of blessed dead in the western deserts of Egypt. Glass is transformed sand, given new life and made into something beautiful. I think he'd appreciate it on multiple levels, and it doesn't make the same mess that a pile of sand on your shrine would. ;)

One thing on that wiki entry which I wouldn't offer *to* Anubis is an imiut. While deeply associated with him as it is a representation of his skills as an embalmer and divine mid-wife, as an object it is something more appropriately offered to Wesir or to the deceased. Now, if you were making your own imiut symbol, dedicating the creation of it and its purpose as an object to Anubis would be much more appropriate, even if the finished item itself then went on an akhu shrine or near a statue of Wesir.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bezenwepwy »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »
So I'm not the only one who's offered Him coffee and Cruzan Rum!

In my experience He also likes to be offered sets of dice, chili-flavoured dark chocolate, and Good Deeds.

(He hasn't asked me yet for puzzles, maps, or homemade preserves, but if He does I wouldn't be surprised.)
Washtiemyinepu

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet meryt Sekhmet-HetHert her Aset-Serqet

I've learned love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body.

>^.y.^<

Dua Netjer!

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 05:30:06 am »
Hotep, everyone.

I can't get this silly machine to do the quote thing, but Devo, that's exactly how Yinepu is for me - calm, comforting and reassuring, (which is just as well as I am prone to panic attacks, and feeling generally vulnerable at times). He's like a big, gentle guard dog looking out for me :).

Whoever mentioned smoke - yes, He loves that, and I've also found He likes red things (candles, shiny red stones ,etc).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:33:06 am by Jet »

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:15 am »
Hi Jet,

I also agree with the smoke and I'm not surprised by the liking of red. :) I wouldn't say they are "UPG" even, more like "VPG"! ;)
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 04:09:42 pm »
My relationship with Yinepu has been going on over the last 18/19 years and He presents Himself to me as...goofy, for lack of a better word. I have been privy to His "serious-face" which is very intense and was for a specific reason when it did happen, but mostly, I get "BFF Yinepu."

In my experience of offering things to Him, His favorite things from me include:

poetry

drawings

Blue Moon (a Belgian beer)

tobacco (I rarely cross pantheons when it comes to offerings, but I tend to offer Yinepu and Napi [Blackfoot Creator-et-trickster] tobacco at the same time and from my own UPG, They seem to get along really well)

incense (specifically strong smells like cloves, cyprus, pine and anything strongly woody)

rum (specifically spiced rums. I generally offer Captain Morgan's because I like it and Sailor Jerry's spiced rum is specifically for Set [and Heru-Wer, as long as I ask Set first])

antique looking boxes (I have no idea why, it just seems He really enjoys boxes)

video games  (while spending time with Him, I'll sometimes play a game with Him. Usually racing games, He's very fond of toy cars and car games)
dark chocolate (right now, He's really digging dark chocolate Reese's cups)

shinies. All encompassing shiny things. I've offered mirrors, lights, metalic things, etc. Luckily, my favorite color is shiny, so I've got no problem with having all manner of sparkly things around my room =D
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal