collapse collapse

* Donation Status

52%
Current donation status as of September 3, 2021 = $1,302.97 of $2,500 or 52%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings to Hethert  (Read 32660 times)

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
Offerings to Hethert
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:38 pm »
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a good reference on offerings to Hethert. I know She likes dancing, that always makes her smile, but I'd like to know about other things.
She seems to like red wine as well. And She asked for the little red laughing Buddha I had on my ancestor shrine, and that made Her giggle.
Any other suggestions I could try?
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: Offerings to Hethert
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:37:34 pm »
Flowers (all kinds), good food (any kind at all, especially if you made it yourself), hard work (including but not limited to housework), writing, music, laughter, fabulous parties, many varieties of alcohol (wine, as you note, also beer, and I've had good luck with fruit-juice-and-hard-liquor combinations in the past, so long as it's something that I find tasty). Oh, also art, time spent with family (family-by-choice as well as blood kin), and showing genuine love and kindness to someone who needs it.

Really, she's pretty easy. If you're happy--really and honestly happy--then she's likely to be happy too. :)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:56:42 pm »
Hm, should figured the flowers, She seemed really happy about the bird of paradise I popped up there.
And I do need to sweep the floors again. I'll dedicate that to Her!
I struggle with depression, but I'm trying very very hard to be happy.
Thanks! :D
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:29:51 pm »
With me, she loves my company above all as an offering. She also enjoys music and dancing, but she really appreciates when I give her hibiscus tea. I've made an anklet for her too that had mirror/clay beads on it.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:52 am »
I've only just really started a relationship in the last few months with Het-t(of Her accord. I was having a...bad day, to put it mildly, and She gave me a mental hug =D) and I haven't spoken to Her that often since starting the beginner's class, but this is what She likes from me:

-Spending time with Her

-Pears

-Pinot Grigio (a type of white wine which is super delicious. When I offer pears or apples with the grigio, I'll usually put a slice in the wine)

-Apples

-Singing

-Incense (the jasmine oil I have is Her favorite)
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:39:33 am »
Hotep, fellow Hethert-Lovers!

Offering suggestions I've gleaned through various sources:

Fruits;  Sugarland's "Come and get Higher" (personal); milk (associated with love and mothering and nurturing); a mirror of silver and a mirror of gold, signifying the moon and sun as offerings  (symbol and magic, 19); Mirrors in general, in reference to her position as the wife of Ra.(symbol and magic, 19); sistra and cosmetic spoons (symbol and magic 21)

Also, she is the Patroness of the following, so I would think offerings related to them would be good, as well:

Patroness of Women, Dancers, Singers, Actors and Acrobats. Healing, Midwifery; Protector of travellers; Eye of Ra, Royal Snake (Protection); Mining (especially turquoise and copper); Love; Goddess of Foreign Lands (particularly the Asiatic lands); Comforts and succors the dead (Lady of the West);  

What She IS may also trigger some offering thoughts: The personification of Gold (Lady of Gold, The Golden One) (symbol and magic 83);  The daytime sky, in which hawks can fly (Abode of Heru)

Animals associated with Hethert:  Cow, gazelle, oryx, ibex   

Jewelry and adornments associated with Hethert::  Cowrie Shells; Menat (Menit, Menyet) Necklace; copper; Turquise

Numbers/colors associated with Hethert:  7 (7 blessings of Het-hert);  green (symbols 108)

Plants associated with Hethert:    Lady of the West's Sycamore (either belonging to Hethert or Nebt-het or Amenti)(symbol and magic 90); acacia, persea and all trees in that family    

A wonderfully Apt description I found online of Hethert:  "The image of her as this bubbly, all-inclusive, super-nurturing mommy was just the most superficial aspect. She was a powerful, ferocious goddess manifest in the lion and the wild cow. She was a goddess of ritual ecstacy, spiritual intoxication, and drunkenness with strong affinities to my own Dionysos. She was deeply sensual and erotic, a goddess of lust and the procreative powers of nature. But she was also an underworld goddess, a friend of the deceased who helped them in their journey through the land of the dead and transformed them after purification into the imperishable stars in heaven, where they went on to dance eternally in the vault of the sky, which was her body." (http://sannion.livejournal.com/607170.html)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tahai »
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »
Please forgive any repeats from previous posts.

Here are some offerings I've given to my Mother that have gone over well.

Milk, sweet chocolate (it seems dark chocolate isn't to Her tastes), beer, beer with cranberry and pomegranate juice mixed in, "chocolate waterfall" from Wonka that resembles cow spots and is made of milk chocolate and white chocolate, lilacs, roses, jasmine, dancing, singing, joy.

These are my primary "go-to" offerings.
[color:teal]sat HetHert-Sekhmet, meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet her Nut!
Formerly Kells.

facebook.com/kelly.jo.anderson,
kelly.morales.773@facebook.com,
elizabeth.tudor.58118@facebook.com[/color]

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 04:49:06 pm »
Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess I could try out Sam Adam's cranberry lambic on her? It's really yummy. Or, when it's strawberry season, Abita's strawberry lager? I love them - I think She might too.
I've already (kind of instinctually) put most of my egyptian-style jewelry on the shrine. Kind of to wear blessings (and She seems to like sharing).
What about honey?
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 07:40:33 pm »
Honey works nicely.  Just about anything naturally sweet would be nice.  ((Have to try agave nectar, now that I think about it!))  As far as the jewelry, that's a good starting point.  You might try cosmetics and/or perfume, basically anything you'd use to feel more attractive.  (Maybe not your razor though ... I think She'd feel kind of "TMI, sweetie ..." about that!)

The strawberry beer sounds most intriguing!  And I forgot earlier, one offering that works for both Mother and Sekhmet is beef.  If you're offering to Sekhmet, though, offer it in raw form and then cook it to your liking later perhaps.
[color:teal]sat HetHert-Sekhmet, meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet her Nut!
Formerly Kells.

facebook.com/kelly.jo.anderson,
kelly.morales.773@facebook.com,
elizabeth.tudor.58118@facebook.com[/color]

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:53:11 am »
Honey is fantastic. :) Especially the really thick, raw, unheated honey. If you can get local honey, then that's extra good.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:35 pm »
So, I added my malachite earrings to the jewelry about the shrine, and my pot of Keni, which is an Egyptian-style solid scent I bought here a few years back (and still have lots of). I love putting it on in front of the shrine now. :)
Also, I got Her a 3 Musketeers today while I was out. I think it's a hit. :D
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:28 pm »
To babble some more, I found She likes Hersheys Cookies and Creme bars, Sam Adams' Blackberry Witbier, and the biggest hit is this Belgian Kriek (cherry) Lambic from Lindemans. It's sold by the bottle, and is a little pricey, but it's deep red and sweet and AWESOME. I think She likes it as much as me. :D
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 03:39:06 am »
Lindemans has very good beer, I offer their apple version to Bes regularly. Heck, all Belgian beer is awesome *is biased*!
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 10:18:47 am »
I just went to start a small shrine area for Her and got a mental "Don't you dare use those candles in my shrine!" from her with regards to some older, not so pretty, candles I still have from my Wicca days (though she might also dislike them as they were stolen).

Seems She wants me to do this right. So high maintenance! :P
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar and Wepwawet
Kemetic Humanism / New England Kemetic Organizing

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:10:57 pm »
Quote from: Astra
I just went to start a small shrine area for Her and got a mental "Don't you dare use those candles in my shrine!" from her with regards to some older, not so pretty, candles I still have from my Wicca days (though she might also dislike them as they were stolen).

Seems She wants me to do this right. So high maintenance! :P

To me, Momma Hethert is everything but high maintenance. She is so easy to please; just a simple 'I love you' is enough for fuzzy feelings through the rest of the days, just as offerings. I often get the feeling small oferings please Her as much as a solid golden statue as long as I didn't grab a cookie from an opened pack out of the cupboard, thinking: oh I could offer this.

Anyway, what I was trying to say, all the netjeru are about ma'at, and stealing isn't very ma'at-y, so I wouldn't use stuff on a shrine I didn't obtain honestly.

Senebty :).
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

* Most Recent Topics

topic Hello
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Asetmehheri
September 20, 2021, 01:38:38 pm
topic National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
Senuwierneheh