collapse collapse

* Donation Status

52%
Current donation status as of September 3, 2021 = $1,302.97 of $2,500 or 52%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings to Hethert  (Read 32664 times)

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
Re: Offerings to Hethert
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 08:35:21 pm »
Quote from: Arienihethert

I've offered much beer, wine, and cocktails over the years, and none of it has upset either Hethert or Sekhmet. I offer probably more, volume-wise, of other items and actions, but alcoholic beverages are definitely a solid part of my offerings arsenal. I doubt there would have been an inebriation festival for Hethert in antiquity if alcohol offended her. Beer for Sekhmet is popular because that was one of the means of placating her.

This is my experience as well, other than the cocktails - I've not really had the money to invest in offering cocktails as of yet.

It is also true that beer has been a standard offering for most of religious history - for pretty much all Kemetic gods, as well as those of other cultures. I've never had issue with offering beer to Hethert or Sekhmet - or any other netjeru, I think it's as standard as water.

I've also found Hethert likes Bjork. She's requested that I play her inside and outside of shrine. Maybe it's because I like Bjork, and, it's music, of course. Not sure. :)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »
Quote from: Amunptah
Yes, I'm aware that this is not the conventional understanding, by all means go on believing as you do. The gods are able to see through ones intentions, not to mention defend themselves. I must admit that it concerns me how confidently you speak on behalf of larger beings, who's worship varied considerably across a longer period of time than the human mind can truly consider. Instead, we refer to a seemingly current deity named Hathor, but this resolves nothing from her previous incarnations of Inanna or Ishtar. The facts in Egyptian mythology are that all god forms are dual and balance each other out, however, I'm not aware of any corresponding negatives within her specific archetype. It is customary for Egyptian myths to propagandize their patron gods leaving out the details that might bring about shame or sadness for the sake of preserving conventional worship. I hope this clarifies my previous comments, and no my theories are not built upon google results.

Hotep,

We'll agree to disagree then.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:51 pm »
Em hotep
I've offered milk, beer, music and passion fruit incense to my Mom Hethert, actually I always offer these items to Her, mainly milk and beer, because I feel in my heart that She likes all of this, and She always accepted these offerings very well, confirming that She really likes these items :D
and Qefat, I think that Mom loves that we play music to Her as offerings inside and outside shrine, because I felt to play some music in Her honor many times! and I think that She likes that I have fun, too! Not rarely I feel Her presence enjoying a party and good moments with me, so I offer a beer or a cocktail to Her at a party and let's go have fun! :D
Creative doings, all sort of art, poetries, acting with true love to everybody, give importance to the true and own beauty of another person, being generous, being independent, etc, are great honors to Mom, too! ;)

But it's my own experience with Mom, in offer and honor Her!

Senebty
:D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:11:32 pm by Kadu »
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
Quote from: Qefathethert
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a good reference on offerings to Hethert. I know She likes dancing, that always makes her smile, but I'd like to know about other things.
She seems to like red wine as well. And She asked for the little red laughing Buddha I had on my ancestor shrine, and that made Her giggle.
Any other suggestions I could try?

Beer has been offered with good results, as well as finer wines, liquers, flowers and precious stones...

Try this for a few ideas as well: http://www.wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hethert
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:25 am »
[font:Verdana]I'm going to echo what others have said here before with some additions of mine own. Hethert loves Art, Wine, Music, Dancing, Jewelry, Makeup, Perfume, Flowers, Pomegranate Juice and Egyptian Musk Incense. Funny story before Hethert became my Beloved I only had one red lipstick, one red nail polish and one black eyeliner. A few years later I have a whole box of makeup and a pyramid of nail polish. :D I have matured greatly with Hethert I am more social with my Temple Family and I'm not afraid to try new things like singing or dancing.[/font]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taysat »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 10:53:47 am »
Quote from: Amunptah
I must admit that it concerns me how confidently you speak on behalf of larger beings, who's worship varied considerably across a longer period of time than the human mind can truly consider. Instead, we refer to a seemingly current deity named Hathor, but this resolves nothing from her previous incarnations of Inanna or Ishtar.

Em Hotep *henu*

aren't you doing the same by claiming that Hathor is nothing  but a reincarnation of Inanna or Ishtar?

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:55 pm »
I'm not familiar with your use of "nothing but" in the context of this statement...it appears you think I'm narrowing her view, but that is not true. I bring up these previous goddesses in hope that the darkness of their mythology might show that there is great pain in her past. This unresolved anger, to silly old me, seems like an appropriate channel that could explain the destruction of mankind. It's fine if you don't agree, I've been wrong before, and I certainly won't cry about it.

Offline Tanebet

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »
Let me clarify my statement: The way you phrase it makes it sound as if you believe that Inanna, Ishtar and Hethert are one and the same Goddess, given different names in different ages by different cultures.

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 04:37:33 pm »
Yes, I agree with that. If you look at the symbolism that was associated with each of these forms they are quite similar and the lion is one of those recurring symbols.

Offline Tanebet

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 04:47:23 pm »
you can of course believe whatever you want to believe, but you will find that most people here don't believe in that. Or that Gods are archetypes

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 07:29:33 pm »
To get this thread back on topic, what other offerings do folks like to give Hethert?

I was just thinking back over the things that I've offered and realized that there's maybe one caution that should be given: beware of offering jewelry! Once you start, it's hard to stop. :D
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Menekh

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:29 pm »
one thing i like to gve Her is a pink candle dressed in rose oil. i don't know if She really likes it or if i'm the one who likes it, but it seems to go over well.  i usually carve a "nefer" sign on it.
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 07:46:50 pm »
Ha! I forgot about lighting candles! I sometimes burn a light blue candle for her. I started doing this while working on a knitting project I had asked her to bless, and I still do it from time to time as a little pick-me-up, bringing her light over a little closer, so to speak. :)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
[font:Verdana]Oh Teh Jewelry! I cannot tell how much I've spent on beading supplies today at Michaels. :D[/font]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taysat »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 09:09:51 pm »
Hoep!

I made Her a green and gold seed bead bracelette which seemed to go over well. When I was still dancing, I offered that to Her as well.

As a side note, anyone wanting to know which pattern I used, the link can be found at http://jewelrymaking.about.com/od/seedbeadbracelets/ss/122608.htm

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

* Most Recent Topics

topic Hello
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Asetmehheri
September 20, 2021, 01:38:38 pm
topic National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation