collapse collapse

* Donation Status

52%
Current donation status as of September 3, 2021 = $1,302.97 of $2,500 or 52%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Offerings to Hethert  (Read 32665 times)

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
Re: Offerings to Hethert
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 11:27:08 pm »
Quote from: Arienihethert
To get this thread back on topic, what other offerings do folks like to give Hethert?

I was just thinking back over the things that I've offered and realized that there's maybe one caution that should be given: beware of offering jewelry! Once you start, it's hard to stop. :D

Ohhhh, so true! My shrine started to look like a vanity table for a bit there! xD I had to talk with Mom and let her know I had to move some of it.

I still offer the times I dress up to Her. She likes when I get all purty. :D
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Meket

• Shemsu
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:02 am »
Thank you for this fantastic thread!  I've been wanting to get to know Hethert for a while and this will definitely help put me on the right track for offerings.  :D
Meketserqet
Serqet Protects / Serqet's Protection
Sat [color:red]Serqet-Aset[/color], Meryt [color:blue]Set, Heru-wer, Djehuty,[/color] her [color:blue]Satet[/color]!

"No more tears," He said.  "Only your strength will do."

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 04:38:46 am »
Quote from: Arienihethert

I was just thinking back over the things that I've offered and realized that there's maybe one caution that should be given: beware of offering jewelry! Once you start, it's hard to stop. :D

I've never offered her jewelry. Perhaps because I already feel that I have too much.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:20 am »
Today, I offered Her Arizona Pomegranate-Green Tea Drink and it seemed to go over well! The offered portion in a cup tasted sweeter than the not-offered part that was still in the bottle.
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:11 am »
I've found both Hethert and Sekhmet like pomegranate anything. One of these days I'm going to make a pomegranate pie, but I'm still looking for just the right recipe.

One of the things I like to offer during the Beautiful Reunion is a 50/50 combination of rum (for Heru-wer) and pomegranate juice (for Hethert). I even named the drink after the holiday. ;) They both seem to like it.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »
Mmm, pomegranate!  Pomegranate liqueur atop ice cream (typically cherry vanilla) with chocolate sprinkles was an offering for Hethert that She requested specifically from me for about a week and a half, every day.  

My favorite offerings for Hethert include:  sweet liqueurs, good beer (if I like it, She'll love it), mead, honey, bacon, buttermilk, good cheeses, ice cream with lots of toppings, sweet smelling flowers (no dyes!), dancing, singing, joyful sounds, eye makeup, perfume and good smells, baking and cooking, homemade crafts, taking care of others, doing compassionate works, and smiles.  

Oh yeah, and She loves from me a really good steak or burger.  Good quality and juicy, marinated and seasoned to perfection, maybe with a buttery blue cheese crumbled and melted on top.

In my experience with Her, Hethert is so easy to offer to. :)  I often feel like a young child, giving my Mother the clumsy crafts I tenderly made for her in art class, like a misshapen ashtray or crayon art that She'll display proudly on Her fridge.  Pretty much regardless of what it is, as long as it came from my heart, She loves it as though it were the most precious gift in the universe. :)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:31 pm »
I agree with what everyone has posted! She is pretty easy to please, in my opinion. There have only really been two things that She has made abundantly clear that She would like from me... One is chocolate covered espresso beans, and the other is nice, glass, perfume bottles... not any perfume in it, just the bottles... This may be because I am not big on perfume and make-up myself, but I love little nick-nacks and so She just goes for the fancy bottles :D haha
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 09:27:57 pm »
Quote from: Taqaisenu
My favorite offerings for Hethert include:  sweet liqueurs, good beer (if I like it, She'll love it), mead, honey, bacon, buttermilk, good cheeses, ice cream with lots of toppings, sweet smelling flowers (no dyes!), dancing, singing, joyful sounds, eye makeup, perfume and good smells, baking and cooking, homemade crafts, taking care of others, doing compassionate works, and smiles.

[font:Verdana]I second eye makeup as an offering for Hethert I know she loves eye liner and eye shadow. I remember someone saying that in ancient times the application of eye make-up to your own eyes is considered an offering to Hethert. :)[/font]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taysat »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Nehwen

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 03:24:59 am »
I was eying milk chocolate truffles with a milk chocolate filling for Hethert.  Is she receptive to chocolate?  (Apologies if I somehow totally missed any chocolate references in this thread.)

Senebty,
Nehwen
Sat Wesir | Meryt Bast her Serqet-Aset

Now not only day shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away!. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 04:33:37 am »
She loves chocolate too, especially milk or white chocolate.
Sweet and decadent, you can't go wrong, in my experience.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 10:38:47 am »
I have yet to find a variety of chocolate she doesn't like (though I haven't tried bacon chocolate). If you like it, she'll like it.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
Quote from: Taqaisenu
In my experience with Her, Hethert is so easy to offer to. :)  I often feel like a young child, giving my Mother the clumsy crafts I tenderly made for her in art class, like a misshapen ashtray or crayon art that She'll display proudly on Her fridge.  Pretty much regardless of what it is, as long as it came from my heart, She loves it as though it were the most precious gift in the universe. :)

I have that experience with Bast. I have some really cheesy cat things that make up a shrine shelf to Her. All the other Names scoff at it, but She just smiles happily and ruffles my hair. Probably because I started it as a kid (about twelve when I got the first piece from a friend's trip to Thailand, a shot glass size tea mug and saucer painted with cats), but whatever works, right? :3

As for Hethert, She's gotten a lot better with offerings from me. She prefers the actions of me taking care of my body and trying to look nice - within my budget, of course. But She's also partial to strawberries that I put on my salad. ;) Strawberry-spinach chicken salad with celery makes a good offering to Her, Ptah, and Wesir. ^.^

EDIT: Oh! I'm also working on a scarf right now. Hethert and Aset have claimed the yarn, so working on it is a sacrifice to Them, as well as to Ptah the master craftsman. So if someone has those three in their line up and wants a scarf made by a newbie... ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:33:52 pm by Astra »
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar and Wepwawet
Kemetic Humanism / New England Kemetic Organizing

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 11:28:09 am »
And though this thread is old and this offering is entirely, profoundly individual-level UPG, the majority of my posts here have been all serious and I'm trying to turn that around. So...

I have a gorgeous American Girl doll, Cecile, that I keep like a queen as a votive offering to HetHert.  I have a half dozen of these dolls, which I keep in a spare closet converted into a display area upstairs in my bedroom, and unlike my main shrine to everyone that's downstairs in my main living area, the only shrine I have upstairs is to Sekhmet, not thinking anything.

The shrine in that room being to Sekhmet, I was quite surprised one day when I was fussing with this doll getting her display set up when HetHert showed up in a rush of feeling and "said" pretty much "wonderful/delightful! *gush-gush*"  

She just finds this doll charming/appealing.  

Unless that's her hook to get through to me, but whatever it is, I have a doll offered to HetHert.  And let me tell you, it's a bit of a pricey proposition, they aren't cheap!

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 03:23:42 pm »
I've found Hethert totally loves things She deems cute. So go with it!

Also, I have an old Kirsten doll from my childhood that I've dedicated to Erzulie Dantor (not Kemetic, but dolls are a traditional offering to Dantor). I've dressed her in traditional colors and keep her clean and neat. So I see this working. :)
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2021, 05:02:20 am »
I give her scented candles, flowers, oils, incense, makeup, lashes & perfume

* Most Recent Topics

topic Hello
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Asetmehheri
September 20, 2021, 01:38:38 pm
topic National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
Senuwierneheh