collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Experiencing the Netjeru!  (Read 5565 times)

Experiencing the Netjeru!
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:59:47 am »
Em hotep to all and Dua Netjer. I am fairly new to Kemetism and I am loving it. However, I have seen a lot of posts from people talking about the Netjeru and their personalities. Saying something like: In my dealings with Yinepu, he has a dryer sense of humor, or something like: Yinepu really likes toys as offerings.

I was wondering, how exactly the writers of these posts come to these conclusions? I mean, are you some how able to hear or see them? Or do they manipulate things around you?

I am wondering because I pray to the Gods a lot, and I know they are active in my life, however, I do not really know of them in the ways people speak of them on here. So please help me out inthis so that I may understand and be able to experience them also. Thank you.  
Son of Amun-Ra, beloved of Sutekh and Heru-sa-aset!

Seper-en-Amunra: This is my Kemetic Name. It means Appeal to Amun-Ra

Please visit my site dedicated to Dad: templeofamun.weebly.com. Thanks!

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
Re: Experiencing the Netjeru!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:55:53 am »
Yinepu actually speaks to me.  I hear a voice that seems to come audibly from outside my own head.  I trust that I am not 'just hearing voices' due to the fact that he told me things I could not possibly know that were proven to be true.

Satet gives me messages in dreams and feelings.  Again, I can tell it is not my own subconciousness, because she spoke to me in Ancient Egyptian (a language that, at the time, I knew nothing of, other than the word/symbol, "Ankh".  It was via this word that I realised it was AE and got it translated.  All 5 words spoken to me (in my dream) actually were AE words and the meaning told me that she was my beloved (before I became Divined) and I did not mention Satet's name regarding that dream until after my divination, to any living soul or even private journalling.

Amun-Ra communicates with me via visual images that flash in my head.  It's the only time I can ever visualise anything.  I don't communicate with him often.

You'll find that there are just as many ways for communication as there are relationships with Netjer and people.  You eventually will learn to identify and understand their personal interactions with you.  Only in recent times have I begun to communicate with other Names than in my line up, and each time has it's own 'flavour' to it.  Sometimes what has been told to me is confirmed by one of my line up, so I know that it's actually Netjer communicating with me.

(I also found that regular Senut/dedicated time with Netjer - regular does not necessarily mean daily - helps open up the communication lines that that they are easier for me to identify and listen.  If I start to get a bit 'off' my routines, they seem to step back to let me sort out my life.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:09:01 am »
Hotep!  My visions of Aset started several months ago.  I know they are real because of how my heart softens when She is with me.  I feel like a little child listening to a mother read a story is the closest I can explain it.  

I also have some amazing coincidences.  It seems to be one of the ways the Names communicate with me and, in ways, I usually respond out loud to the coincidence as if it were a conversation with the Names. :)

I think my relationship with them is blossoming now because I have allowed myself to become completely open and even vulnerable to knowing and experiencing Them.  I am trusting The Names to lead me now.
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:34:25 am »
Em hotep!

However anyone describes the way they "hear" the gods, or know how the gods direct, teach, encourage, and interact in any way, is always going to be very personal and distinct for that individual.

Nothing anyone so describes need be taken as the *only* way or the *right* way. What is the way I experience Aset, my Mother, for example, may or may not be how any other Aset child experiences interacting with Her, as it should be. If I say I "hear" Amun's voice, that may or may not mean a child of Amun would experience Amun that way.

The best way I would personally encourage people to know how they experience god or how gods communicate with them is to simply maintain the habit of interacting with the gods. Talk with the gods frequently, pray, offer, etc, and I daresay at some point you will have your own comfortable sense of whether or not the gods speak to you, guide you, teach you, however you experience them. You may know god in a whisper, or in a simply certainty that this choice may be better than that choice, or in a fragrance of something somehow reminiscent of that god for you, when no such fragrance might otherwise be possible, and sometimes, simply in a very comfortable pleasant silence--oh the list might be endless. But whatever that is, it will be yours.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:34:15 pm »
Em Hotep,

Kai Imakhu Sedjemes is right. Maintaining your contact, both formal and informal, will go a long way in developing a relationship with the Names that is unique to you and helps you understand them in a broader sense.

To answer your original question though...

I personally experience the Names through recollection of certian memory and the feelings associated with those memories. One Name in particular likes to communicate through Bob Marley songs, while my Mother, Heqat, also likes to communicate through the sensation of touch. I know it's Them because these experiences are extraneous to my thinking, meaning they don't originate with me, even though they affect me. It's an inside response to an external stimulation, and I know the difference.
I also seem to connect the best with the Names when I draw, as it allows me to have a direct line of communication with Their energies. I seem to be able to crank out much more detailed work when They're involved, as opposed to drawing for my own enjoyment.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
I should also better answer that question for myself at least :)

Sometimes for me I have learned that I experience Aset in a nudge to stop overthinking and just do a thing--especially if I consider doing a thing but then balk and hesitate and procrastinate because I am sure I canNOT do the thing.

I get this slightly amused feeling somewhere inside, and a certainty that I can do more than I tell myself I can do. IN other words--one of the times I feel Aset most strongly is when I just do a thing and stop fearing that I am not up to the task.

That is in no way a communication I could describe easily to anyone, yet I know it is very true.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 05:13:22 pm »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh,

Just as the others here have said, the way in which the Netjeru will communicate with you is somehow unique. There is no right or wrong way to hear them; to sense them.

As Maret has mentioned about feeling a certain Netjer through a song, this is also true for me. For example, I love Greek and Arabic music: I don't know why, but the languages just speak to me even though i do not totally understand them. One song in particular I have from a Greek artist named Petros Impuvero, just seems to sing to both Ra and Shu. Whenever I listen to it, or even just think about is as I am right now, the winds picks up (as if in joy) and the sun just seems to be smiling; feeling much warmer than usual.

And as Sedjemes has mentioned about Amun; he is my Patron, and while he is not so talkative to me, I feel him through many things. May that be through an unexpected smell of myrrh, or a falcon flying over my house and perching on the one of the cacti outside my new house. Though, when he does talk his words are stong, and always in Egyptian (which, through one way or another, I can understand.)

Don't feel bad or become filled with despair if you are not hearing or feeling the Netjeru right now in the way you want to; the time will come. And remember, their contact with you will be rather unique and personal. Trust me when I say you will know with much certainty when they are communicating with you! :)

Senabty-Rh'ekh
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »
Quote from: Imsetra_Imsety
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh,
Don't feel bad or become filled with despair if you are not hearing or feeling the Netjeru right now in the way you want to; the time will come. And remember, their contact with you will be rather unique and personal. Trust me when I say you will know with much certainty when they are communicating with you! :)

Senabty-Rh'ekh

Hotep!  

I agree that you shouldn't feel bad.  I have spent many years trying to experience the Divine intimately through various religions.  I know I felt I was "failing at it" for a long time, but I think that sense of failure was only making it harder for the Divine to get through all my fear and self-doubt.  They have also told me that I needed to be "ready" to know them like I wanted to.  They said it would overwhelm me so to trust they would come in whatever way I could best understand them.  I think the biggest lesson in that was learning to trust they knew what I could handle and they knew what would be too much for me to experience.  

Senebty
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
I'm fairly in agreement with what everyone else has said so far. For me personally, I've been able to hear Yinepu for the past 18 or so years. He's always been pretty vocal with me, but that's not to say He's that way with everyone. I know it's Him because every time I'm in the presence of Netjer (or any Divine Being for that matter), I get a primary feeling that I can only describe as some kind of warm emotion that's centered in my chest (the solar plexus to be exact) and I'll feel a little light headed.

Depending on the deity, there are secondary feelings with that too. With Sekhmet, I feel much much warmer than normal and my muscles tend to tense (though not uncomfortably), with Yinepu, I feel much more relaxed and playful, Het-Hert makes me giddy and extra lightheaded and so on and so on.

I don't hear every deity I have a relationship with. Most of the time, They communicate with me through the feeling I described and shifts in my mood that didn't originate with me. The Ones I *do* hear don't usually talk all that much (except Yinepu) and I very rarely have Deity appear to me except in my dreams. There have been exceptions to this. I've seen Yinepu in near death experiences and I've had visions of Him often. I saw Set as...I want to call it a vision, but I'm fairly certain it was a physical manifestation and that scared the bejesus out of me (that is the one and only time I've ever been privy to a deity in that way. It lasted all of about two or three seconds, but that was plenty) and I could go on and on, but it's not that way all the time.

There's no need for you to compare your personal experiences with the gods to anyone else's! Their relationship with you is between Them and you primarily. If you'd like Them to communicate in a certain way with you, just ask! Especially if you do some kind of regular meditation (your personal shrine time during Senut is a good time too since you're already focused on Netjer). Not everyone is able to reciprocate specific kinds of communication.

I, for instance, am impossible when it comes to signs. I'm a very audio-visual type of person, but I tend to be exceedingly cynical when it comes to what I see as coincidence. Before coming to the House, when I'd just been lurking the boards and thinking about making an account, I was in a bit of a spiritual dilemma as to if I should go back to placing Kemeticism first in my life.

I was worried I'd offend Napi, the Blackfoot Creator/trickster which is...stupid...He likes fart jokes and gambling...*cough* ANYways, He was giving me all kinds of signs and I mean ALL KINDS OF SIGNS. They couldn't have been more clear if they were blinking neon glued to my walls. I of course, attributed this to coincidence and continued to fret about it until He came to me in a dream to tell me to quit being a dummy and nudged me off to Yinepu.

So you see, not every form of communication works with every person and just because you haven't experienced certain types of communication doesn't mean you won't or you can't. Everyone's spiritual communications are different! Open yourself up more to different kinds of communication and I'm sure once "something happens" you'll be surprised to find out that you've been communicating all along =)
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:57 am »
Quote from: Phoenix_Falls
So you see, not every form of communication works with every person and just because you haven't experienced certain types of communication doesn't mean you won't or you can't. Everyone's spiritual communications are different! Open yourself up more to different kinds of communication and I'm sure once "something happens" you'll be surprised to find out that you've been communicating all along =)

Quoted for truth :)

I generally only get very clear, almost-literal communication when I've really, really gone wrong, so I take the lack of chatter to be a sign that I'm doing just fine. :D
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 09:08:27 am »
Quote from: Arienihethert

I generally only get very clear, almost-literal communication when I've really, really gone wrong, so I take the lack of chatter to be a sign that I'm doing just fine. :D

YES!

Oh Arieni! You just put something into perspective for me, thank you. :-D

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:22 am »
Quote from: Arienihethert
Quote from: Phoenix_Falls

Quoted for truth :)

and I *stop* getting so much chatter when I've FUBAR'd. Well, except that time I almost died a couple months ago. Then EVERYONE was giving me the business end of it lol.

See? Different for everyone! It's similar with a lot of people, but not everyone "gets" the Divine the same way!
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal