collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: KO stance on controversial topics?  (Read 2382 times)

KO stance on controversial topics?
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:29:14 pm »
Most organized religions have set stances on various issues, and being a beginner, I am truly curious as to Kemetic Orthodoxy's stances on said topics.

These issues tend to be controversial, but I'll list some of them anyway. Homosexuality, abortion and sex before marriage are big ones. I ask not out of a personal need for validation but rather because I wish to know the viewpoints of the religion I am considering. I hope that makes sense?

If there is anywhere on the website or in the forums that answers questions of this kind, I kindly accept redirection to them. I may have simply missed an obvious source on these topics, leading me to post here directly.

I thank you all in advance. :)

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: KO stance on controversial topics?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:36:03 pm »
Em hotep

Kemetic Orthodoxy has very few "official" stances on anything. We are not a religion of Commandments. We do strongly encourage and nurture family, (which is why we require parents and guardians of minors and encourage significant others to come visit our forums and find out about us). We encourage and expect respect to ourselves and each other.

Specifically, for us, one can make decisions about pre-marital sex, abortion, contraception, and such, for oneself (and hopefully be able to seek support and help from one's family members). And as we include many LGBT amongst our membership up to and including clergy, I don't think we have any prohibitions against that.

Members' politics and ethnicities are also not an issue so far as we are concerned.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Senebty
Sedjemes
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Re: KO stance on controversial topics?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:52:53 pm »
That actually helps greatly. I assumed all of that was true, but you know what they say about assuming. ;) It helps much to have this clarified, thank you. :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal