collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: serving your Parents  (Read 10004 times)

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
serving your Parents
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:37:29 am »
Em Hotep

Henu

How do you serve your Parents in your daily lives?  Do different Parents like different kinds of service?

Senebty
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Sekhmetnenek

• Shemsu
Re: serving your Parents
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:47:23 am »
Hotep!

This is a really good question :) Besides performing prayers and offerings on a regular basis, I serve Sekhmet mainly through actions. Sekhmet is very much about appropriateness- She likes things to be deliberate and for the purpose of upholding Ma'at. I feel like when I stand up for what I know is right, or when I speak out against something that is wrong, She feels I have served Her well. When I was working with patients during my clinical trials, I dedicated my shifts to her- always healing in Her name. She was definitely pleased by my attention to the procedure and for my concern for the patient.

Just my two cents :)
Sekhmetnenek|Sekhmet Belongs to Me|
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert,
Mery Nebthet-Nit-Seshat

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:31:27 am »
Em Hotep

That is absolutely beautiful, Sekhmetnenek. Thank you for your reply.

henu

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 07:03:03 am »
I'm with Nenek on this one. For me, any time I do what is right for me, for my family, or for anyone I am in a position to help (lost pedestrians, my daughter's kindergarten class, friends, etc.), that is also serving my Mother. Self-care? That's serving my Mother, because if I fall apart, then I can't do the other things that serve her. Getting my work done accurately and on time (which results in my clients being happy, which results in more work, which results in me getting paid more often, which helps the family finances and guarantees offerings . . .) also counts. There aren't a whole lot of things that don't count, actually, except for things that I try not to do anyway. Randomly acting like a jerk is rarely helpful. ;)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:28:17 am »
Em hotep!

To serve my Parents, it's all about balance. They are vocal with me about certain things, but They prefer  me to try living the path of Ma'at above all. The more I succeed in that, the better I have served Them that day. Wepwawet and Bast are differing in Their approaches to daily life, but They agree on doing things properly and knowledgeably. They really like me to complete whatever I set out to do on any given day. Separately, my Father wants me to learn something new, study, or work with some sort of heka each and everyday. He is very much a shaman type warrior with me and it pleases Him to see me following His guidance in this manner. With my Mother, She appreciates when I take the time to do something She considers beautiful... Pleasurable excess is Her forte, as long as it harms none and doesn't interfere with my other duties in the day. Example: Take an extra long shower to pamper myself with nice smelling soaps and lotions, burn a fragrant candle in Her honor all day, eat the most decadent piece of chocolate I can find... Things of that nature. She reminds me to take care of myself and make myself feel good so that I can better help others. No one likes being around a grumpy puss! She also reminds me to have fun while studying what my Father wants me to learn... He likes to dive into things of the mystic sort with me and if I don't take breaks, I get confused sometimes, so Mom helps with that... To be honest, there are many more ways that I serve my Parents each day, but it'd take so much space to explain it all!

Senebty and much love,
Satsenu
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:30:38 am »
em hotep! From what I have heard, there are so many ways that we can serve our Parents, and they will make it clear to each individual. It could be by making an offering in a shrine, or doing something in "real life". In my case, my Mums have made it clear that I am to care for cats and that is how I can best serve them. They prefer an offering of cat food, set before a feral cat, than a shrine offering before a statue. But it is different for everyone :)
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 08:33:50 am »
While I don't have "parents" per say (I have not been divined), I do things for my patron deity(s)- Setekh and Aset. For Setekh, he wants daily service of some sort- so I normally do at least one rite per day for him. I also try to carry his "energy" in my actions- enacting change where I feel it is needed, and helping people around me to become stronger, more adept, etc. For Aset, I have weekly service for her (as per her request). I also bake for her on a regular basis. I also think that Aset embodies making people stronger, so my goal to help those around me can also be reflected in my service to her. Both Setekh and Aset overlap in many ways.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 08:40:21 am »
Em Hotep!

henu

I have tears in my eyes again...happy tears...because this path has shown me true devotion to the Divine and so many beautiful souls have crossed my path on this forum.  So thank you and You!

Senebty

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 11:35:30 am »
For me, Aset has "tasked" me with things, one of them being a source of inspiration to people around me, or in my dealings. While I don't feel that lately I have been living up to what She would want me to, it's honestly always been something I've felt was a part of me, though I didn't recognize it until recently. Also, She has sort of required me to learn myself inside and out...which is quite a process I'm learning. Not as easy as you would think (or I would've thought initially). And magic/heka figures in there as well, being a priestess, or servant in things "occult", the Unseen.

There is also something of a "visual" nature or task there, that is-to be something of a bridge for Her.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 06:22:54 am »
Em hotep!

Personally, I serve my Parents by attempting to live and act in a way that allows others to see and know Them by knowing me. That means different things depending on the situation; I strive to consider Ma'at at all times and to do little things that I believe would make Them happy (such as working for charities, etc). I am also working towards an occupation that I think honors Them. In short, I just try to live in a way that everything I do is an act of service to my gods. :)

Senebty,
Sobeq
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut, Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 08:43:42 am »
Em Hotep!

I have been inspired by your replies and I am ever so grateful for all of your sharing with me.

How can I start hearing what Aset and all the Names would like me to do in service?

Also, I am learning tarot and how might I use my tarot cards to communicate with the Names about ways I can be of service?

Senebty!

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:13 am »
I find that sitting with the gods on a regular basis and listening to them/your gut tends to help. Offering things regularly, talking with them, etc. helps to open the lines of communication. Helps you to hear what they have to say. This could take time, though. It took me a few years to get to where I'm at.

For tarot, I normally hold the cards before the god, and ask them to help me hear their message through the cards, and then lay them out accordingly. Sometimes it works, other times... it doesn't(or I don't understand the spread properly). So that's my .02 on that.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:10:26 am »
Tarot is definitely something that makes Aset "perk up"...or...something, when I do it. I can definitely feel Her there sometimes. Unfortunately, often I have a failure to fully understand the spreads, I've been doing tarot for awhile and I still feel like I struggle, so. But sometimes it's pretty clear that She is totally "talking through the cards".

You can make an offering to Her of the deck, Her own deck, kept in Her name. That's what I did.

I also like this deck:

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Doors-Divination-Deck-Alchemical/dp/0892815124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292512140&sr=8-1

While it's not really 100% "spot on" as it were, and it's not really a tarot deck, I still really like it.

:)
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 11:17:39 am »
Em hotep, Vision..,

One of the recent ways I have begun serving my Mother is by becoming a co-leader for the 4-H County Council.  County Council is a youth leadership program comprised of any interested 4-H member aged 14-19.

In undertaking this responsibility, I am helping to train the youth of my 'Pride' to become strong hunters, providers, and protectors.

Blessings,
Tahai  
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 12:11:50 pm »
Quote from: Devo
I find that sitting with the gods on a regular basis and listening to them/your gut tends to help. Offering things regularly, talking with them, etc. helps to open the lines of communication. Helps you to hear what they have to say. This could take time, though. It took me a few years to get to where I'm at.

For tarot, I normally hold the cards before the god, and ask them to help me hear their message through the cards, and then lay them out accordingly. Sometimes it works, other times... it doesn't(or I don't understand the spread properly). So that's my .02 on that.

-Devo

This helps me very much.  Thank you for your .02 :) and it is worth much more than that.  

henu

Senebty

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9