collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: serving your Parents  (Read 10008 times)

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
Re: serving your Parents
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 12:19:58 pm »
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset
Tarot is definitely something that makes Aset "perk up"...or...something, when I do it. I can definitely feel Her there sometimes. Unfortunately, often I have a failure to fully understand the spreads, I've been doing tarot for awhile and I still feel like I struggle, so. But sometimes it's pretty clear that She is totally "talking through the cards".

You can make an offering to Her of the deck, Her own deck, kept in Her name. That's what I did.

I also like this deck:

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Doors-Divination-Deck-Alchemical/dp/0892815124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292512140&sr=8-1

While it's not really 100% "spot on" as it were, and it's not really a tarot deck, I still really like it.

:)

Hotep!

What an awesome deck!  I love all your ways of connecting Tarot to the Names, working with Aset and the other Names as I use the cards.  Thank you!

Senebty
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:24 pm »
Quote from: Tahai
Em hotep, Vision..,

One of the recent ways I have begun serving my Mother is by becoming a co-leader for the 4-H County Council.  County Council is a youth leadership program comprised of any interested 4-H member aged 14-19.

In undertaking this responsibility, I am helping to train the youth of my 'Pride' to become strong hunters, providers, and protectors.

Blessings,
Tahai  

Em Hotep!

What a beautiful way to serve.  It is amazing how creative we can be in our service, but it is in serving others there is also so much beauty.

Senebty
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 09:33:22 pm »
I think each person's relationship with his or her Parents has an individual effect on how that service is done.

Set, for instance, is in my case very much about getting things done -- and done correctly and fully. Service to him is not backing down, not quitting when things are half done, not wimping out, not giving up just because something is hard. It's also, I'm discovering, learning to treat success and failure with equanimity. For me, he's very much like a military drill instructor -- and I mean that in the most positive of ways. He pushes me hard, but I never want to see him disappointed in me. He also may never really praise, but every once in a while I get a glimmer of his satisfaction.

Ra-Heruakhety is a king among gods and also a creator. Serving him, in my case, is doing my best to be a leader through example and to hold myself to high standards. It's also the pursuit of new knowledge and the drive to create things, be they research, fiction, or any host of other concepts. When I do as I'm supposed to do, others flourish, which is as it's supposed to be.

Together, both of those paths make a unified path that is more intense and more powerful. When I'm out of line...well, let's just say the feedback is very rapid. ;) When I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, I may get nothing from them but an occasional nod, so to speak. It's the kind of interaction that works for me, though, and it may not work for everyone. Thus, as I said before, there seem to be different paths for different people.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Seshagemseger

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 11:19:30 am »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu
Personally, I serve my Parents by attempting to live and act in a way that allows others to see and know Them by knowing me.

I like this answer :D

Knowing what it is your Parent(s) want, and what They do for the universe, is also a good thing if you want to help Them do it.

But what several people have found is that asking Them what you should do is fraught with danger.  They don't want to rule you, to micromanage your life, make your decisions for you, take your responsibility and your power.  They have their own :)  They want you to find your place and make your own decisions, and be who you are (as cliched as that might sound).
Child of Seshat
Beloved of Hethert, Serqet, and Shu
seshat.org / Facebook / LiveJournal

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 11:25:09 am »
Quote from: Seshagemseger

They want you to.....be who you are.

I agree...sometimes though, it's nice to be reminded of our strengths! :)
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »
I agree with Sobeq and Sesha on this. It doesn't matter if I do senut every day I possibly can, if I am not acting decently and DOING stuff because that would be a very poor representation of Dad. And the rest of my Gods and spirits, for that matter.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal