collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: walking 2 paths  (Read 9689 times)

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: walking 2 paths
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 08:36:14 pm »
I practice Kemetic Orthodoxy, Heathenry, and I honor some Orisha separately.  

What you could do is honor Aset in one set of practices (doing Senut for instance) and do your Sufi practices at another time during the day.
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 09:36:13 am »
Hotep!  Thanks all for offering so much to this thread.  I am learning from everyone.  I am going to ask Netjer to guide me as I walk my unique path.  I guess in a way, our souls all have a unique relationship with the Divine.  And the more open we are to each other, the better, imho.  :)

Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 05:19:27 pm »
Quote from: Sekhenetnut
What Tanebet said ;D

For me, making the effort to worship each Deity in the way of Their own tradition shows my respect for Them as seperate Beings.

This.

I have a total of 14 deities that I have a regular, active relationship with and I make it a point to approach Them all within Their own cultural contexts. That's not to say that They don't come at me however They want (examples: Napi likes to hang out with Yinepu and Set [much to my chagrin sometimes lol], and Djehuti introduced me to Sri Ganesha) and I'm always on board with Them doing whatever They want (wouldn't really matter if I wasn't though lol), but I like to keep my coming to Them on a respectful level.

I have, on occasion, made offerings to deities from different pantheons at the same time, but only when They asked me to. I also keep my worship spaces near to each other, but separate. My main shrine is my Kemetic one, which is currently the entirety of a really nice vanity dresser. I have my medicine bundle, my smudge stick/sweetgrass, smudge fan and some fetishes for my Blackfoot practices hanging on the wall near the ceiling next to my bed and I do puja/sing bahjan/do mantras/make offerings to the Hindu deities I worship underneath prayer flags which are on the wall near the ceiling on the far side of the room.

I don't see a need to mix things together unless that's what They want of me (I often offer Yinepu and Napi tobacco together because They ask me to do it that way a lot). I have no conflict amongst any of the beliefs I operate in and Everyone is very encouraging of me to put Kemeticism first (Napi was actually the One that demanded I quit trying to ignore the call back to being primarily Kemetic).

Though I've never been asked to perform formal rituals or ceremonies together and I doubt that I ever would be. I've never even entertained the thought myself. Informal stuff is more "hang out time" for deities it seems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Phoenix_Falls »
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:01 pm »
Hotep all *henu*

Sorry for the late reply on the thread....haven't had forum access for a few days.  -_-

I also honor the gods of different cultures seperately per Their cultural norms (Kemetic and Celtic).  I have however had Nebt-het and Serqet remind me to spend time with Flidais (Irish goddess), just not when I'm spending time with Them in shrine.  ^_^  From what I've seen the Names have no problem with us walking 2 or more paths, as long as we aren't neglecting Them to do so (assuming we've taken shemsu vows).  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Priest of Nebt-het and Serqet
Beloved of Ptah and Tasenetnofret
revdwinterfeldt@kemet.org

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 08:53:56 pm »
I personally don't have a problem with blending multiple paths, so long as this is what works best for you.  Using something out of its historic/cultural context or making one's own synthesized path would drive some folks nuts.  Others find that maintaining strict boundaries is too restrictive.  

If Aset really fits the role of Divine Mother to you, and She agrees, then I would say go ahead and try worshiping Her in the format of the Sufi prayer.  Just be careful not to mix things around haphazardly just because it seems neat, and be sure to keep a respectful attitude towards the sources of the things you are mixing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:55:08 pm by Kehawiitu »
Kehawi
Sa Amun-Ra her Set
Mery Serqet her Heru-wer

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »
I have recently decided to make a return to Buddhism myself, after having left it earlier last year to be strictly Kemetic Orthodox. I came to feel within myself I did something wrong for me, and so I am practicing the two together again. I walk 2 paths just fine, just to speak for my own journey.

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12:34 am »
I follow 2 paths as well, but they highly compliment each other to the point that sometimes they intersect whether I like it or not. My gods talk about my spirits and my spirits talk about my gods. In fact my spirits told me I was going to be a w’ab priest long before I got the official word from Wesir and Hemet (AUS).

I do keep their sacred places separate. I don’t mix prayers and rituals with the two. One is for god. One is for the spirits. They fit easily into my cosmic paradigm. The spirits (netjeri) work for Netjer. As weird as it may seem, it fits so easily together, that only the outer trappings (images, altars, offerings) show any real difference.

If it feels right and there is no conflict with Aset, I see no problem with it. I am far from an expert on Sufi, but aren’t the prayers really beautiful and majestic? I think this would be her thing.

Senebty,
Raheri
Sa Wesir-Sokar, mery Nut her Djehuty
Heri-sesheta Wesir

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal