Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wonderful new idea for respecting the Names!  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Hemka

• Shemsu
Wonderful new idea for respecting the Names!
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:54 pm »
Emhotep.

I had an idea just now. We put (AUS) behind the Nisut's name and its good heka. Once, in Zep Tepi the Gods themselves were Nisuts. Well maybe we could put something behind thier names.But I think to differentiate them from mortals we could put a different initial

What if we put (Dua) behind the Kemetic name of Netjer everytime we wrote it to show that this isnt just a regular name?

I also think the letters (WSR) would be a good initial behind a deceased persons name. Or perhaps the letters in Egyptian for "True of Voice."which at the moment escapes me. I would love to know what you all think about this.

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Wonderful new idea for respecting the Names!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:33:29 am »
wow, I have no idea if this is traditional or would be suitable to establish formally or anything, but it seems a cool idea to me, I like the concept of it.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 08:03:19 am »
Hotep!

Ehh...I'm not sure it'd be useful as we'd be thowing accronyms all over the place.  When dealing with the Names, we generally capitalize the first letter of Their name, or use "Them", "He" or "She" when refering to various/specific Names.  Also it will cause confusion when dealing with new folks who see Nebt-het(Dua) vs Nebt-het for example.  As it is we have to explain the AUS behind Nisut as new folks don't know what it means.  So basically if someone is new, it isn't helpful, and if someone isn't new, hopefully they can recognize when one of the Names is being discussed vs a mortal.  ^_^

In regards to dealing with the akhu adding a designation isn't needed as we already identify them as akhu.  For example if I'm talking abaout the akhu Joe Shemsu, I refer to them as the Wesir Joe Shemsu rather than just Joe Shemsu,  or Joe Shemsu (WSR).  Personally I think the Wesir "X" is sounds nicer than "X" (WSR).

Senebty,
Imti
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:31:16 am by Imyutimuti »
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 08:21:21 am »
Not all of the gods were pharaohs. Only a select few were. I feel that capitalizing the beginning of their names is a form of respect. Though I suppose you could add soemthing, if you felt it truly necessary.

For the dead, normally it would be "Name, justified" as a form of respect. So if I were dead, I'd be Devo, justified.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:13:47 am »
I did not know about the "justified" part though I had heard of the dead being considered a Wesir. thanks for the good info here.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:14:51 am »
They are normally equated with Asar, yes. Though there is some debate on that as well.

In all of the rites I've read in relation to Akhu, they always have "Justified" at the end of their names. Reidy explains this in "Eternal Egypt", but I don't remember what the exact explanation was.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 12:22:22 pm »
The justified is literally translated as "true of voice", likely a reference to having passed through the Weighing of the Heart and found not to be a lying conniving lowlife, one who spoke true in their judgement.

(someone mentioned the Egyptian for it, 'tis ma'a-kheru.)
Meset Wepwawet
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, her Hethert-Amenti
Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Sau Apprentice
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓁥𓇼

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 07:13:17 pm »
Hotep!

What does the (AUS) mean after the Nisut?

I have been getting in the habit of praising the Names when I mention them.  I write "Dua Netjer!"

It helps me remember them and gives me the opportunity to give them a quick prayer.  :)

Senebty
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 07:59:54 pm »

Quote from: visionsofisis
What does the (AUS) mean after the Nisut?

Ankh Udja Seneb, or "Life, Prosperity, Health."  It's a formula that goes after the name of a Nisut, it's heka sort of in the line of "Long Live the King"
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 03:17:50 pm »
Speaking of Hemet (AUS), does anyone know how she's doing? I hope she's feeling better!
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2933
  • stats Total Posts: 286011
  • stats Total Topics: 19391
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217