Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 65
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Dua Hu!  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
Dua Hu!
« on: December 23, 2010, 07:13:22 am »
I would like to know as much as I can about the deity Hu.  He is not included in the list of Names at the Kemet site.  Is Hu considered a deity or a concept in Kemetic religion?  Is He honored as a Name in Kemetic Orthodoxy?

I also want to share this video which is like listening to Hu's sound, imho.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpIrDJGVdO0[/video]  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:41:49 am by visionsofisis »
Sat Aset-Serqet meryt Amun her Sekhmet-Hethert

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
Re: Dua Hu!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »
Em hotep, visionsofisis!

Thank you for sharing the video. It's quite fascinating, and, unfortunately, I can't give you much information about it at all. Perhaps others will help.

For future reference, we do have some users whose internet connections are quite slow (broadband isn't a widespread global phenomenon), so we typically do not embed videos or images in our posts out of courtesy for those folks. In the future, a simple link will do. :)
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

I provide writing, editing, and tutoring services in exchange for donations to the House. PM me for details.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:13:47 pm »
I searched for Hu,out of curiosity,seems like he was both a minor and not-so minor deity,one of the very early ones. And if I remember right, I think the touregypt website has a small article about Hu. If you Google or Yahoo search for "Egyptian god Hu" you should be able to find it.   :)
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet,Beloved of Bast-Mut,Amun-Ra,Khonsu,and NebtHet-Nit-Seshat

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:58:53 am »
Thanks for letting me know. I apologize to anyone who had to wait for it to load.

:)
Senebty!

Quote from: Khesretitui
Em hotep, visionsofisis!

so we typically do not embed videos or images in our posts out of courtesy for those folks. In the future, a simple link will do. :)

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:07:51 am »
Hotep!  It "sounds" (no pun intended) like from the very beginning the Ancient Egyptians had understanding of how vibration works to create. They knew things scientists are just starting to figure out, but they attached spiritual significance to it rather than use it to disprove Divine Reality.  

Once again, I have been introduced to a deity because my heart was open to it.  Aset is smiling and nodding, saying, "now you see why I had no problem with it."

It was very hard to trust that I could make room for anyone else other than Aset, but I have met my Beloveds here.  Serqet, Hu, Amen, Tem and in a sense all the Names feel "nearer and dearer" to me now.  

Dua Netjer!  Dua Huuuuuuuuu!

Quote from: JulieAnne
I searched for Hu,out of curiosity,seems like he was both a minor and not-so minor deity,one of the very early ones. And if I remember right, I think the touregypt website has a small article about Hu. If you Google or Yahoo search for "Egyptian god Hu" you should be able to find it.   :)

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »
I hadn't seen this thread before; and although I have never used a mantra or anything to meditate before, the sound of Hu overwhelmed me and I felt a great calm. It was something I had never experienced before, and I felt a strange sensation in places many would identify as chakras. It was amazing. Thank you Visions for posting this. It definitely calmed my night.
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »
Em hotep!

I absolutely love Hu. I consider Him a Name of Netjer. I first met Him a couple years ago. I don't have much to say about Him because He is very obscure and silent. While I love that video you shared, I don't quite associate that with the sound's of Hu (at least, not in my experiences with Him). The sound I associate with Hu is a low and deep exhale. I feel Him a lot in wind, like on a calm day when there is a sudden gust of wind. Or on a windy day, and a very strong wind seems to go right through you.

I can't really go into details on my interactions with Him, because there just isn't really much to say. All of the interactions are brief, yet calming and powerful.

If anyone is interested in getting to know Hu, a couple of offerings that are good strong incense and dark colored (and strong, if possible) drinks. I don't have much to share, but I do recommend for people to try to get to know Him :)

Senebty
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Shemsu-Ankh Liaison | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
Its quite a relaxing sound.
I shall put him on my ..get to know list :)

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 06:39:27 pm »
The practice of chanting Hu, as recorded in that YouTube clip, is actually part of the religion of Eckankar, which my dad follows. Eckists believe that Hu is the Sound of God and of the Soul. I have yet to see if there's any connection with the Kemetic deity, but I find the practice intriguing and soothing.
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 11:56:52 am »
@Sobeqsenu: How cool that your dad is an Eckist.  I was pretty amazed to find out about Hu as a deity.  The energy of Hu seems to be similar to what the video's energy feels like.  Add to that it is a name of God Sufis chant with reverence.  I feel it is a quiet yet intensely profound presence.

@Blissi: Let me know how you like Him. :)

@Djehutyendy: I feel the same way about Him.  He's pretty awesome, the silent mysterious type, but makes Him feel even more intense because of that.

@Faofang: I get that feeling from it, too.  And it is cool because Hu is an important Name of God for Sufis.  It is often chanted.  Now when I chant Hu, I feel the Hu's presence.  How cool. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:03:12 pm by visionsofisis »

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 08:39:00 am »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh.

Visionsofisis, that is a very interesting video. Though, I cannot help but wonder is this 'Hu' you are referring to this   Netjeru? He is one of the Eight ancient Netjeru who were the vital aspects during the Creation of the Universe. Heh (or Huah) is conceived as being endlessness; not necessarily a noise or vibration.  

Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Menekh

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »
Em Hotep VisionofIsis *henu*

As Sobeq said, the Hu in the video you posted is part of the Eckankar faith practice.  I, personally, think there are some very beautiful and profound things in that spiritual practice.

In Kemetic Orthodoxy, we do recognize Hu  (a god and also the concept of divine and creative utterance), as well as His partner Sia (a godess as well as the concept of divine and creative thought).  They are often spoken of together with Heka.  Are those the gods you are interested in?

Senetby,

Menekh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Menekh »
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »
Hotep

I think you might mean the god "Heh" as one of the great Eight, not Hu. Hu is a quite different god.

For reference I post here a portion from Hart's Dictionary of Gods and Goddesses, which can be accessed as PDF online:

Hu is The god who personifies the authority of a word of command. Hu came into being from a drop of
blood from the phallus of the sun-god RA, (just as the god Sia, who represents the Perceptive mind).
It is tempting to correlate Hu with the power of the tongue of PTAH in the Memphite creation legend, commanding the universe into existence, at the instigation of Ptah’s heart.

Senebty
Sedjemes
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Tasen

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »
@Sedjemes - Thanks for helping to get things clarified.  I feel close to Hu and to the idea of spoken Heka.  I want to explore them more.  I have been finding a lot lately on the power of "vibrations" and "sound currents".  I never thought the voice (inner voice and spoken out loud) are so powerful.  It is a really fascinating thing to contemplate.

I want to learn more about Ptah and Djehuty in this also.

None of my relationships with the Names would have happened if I hadn't made room for them in my heart.

@Menekh - I am going to have to get a good book on the deities or a resource online. I haven't learned about Sia, but I would like to.  

I'm not familiar with Eckankar. I know in Sufism, Hu is often chanted and is considered a powerful "pronoun" for the Divine. When my dervish community hangs out, you would hear someone sighing "huuuuuuuuu" all together.  I guess that is part of the reason I was amazed when I met Hu the Name.

Henu

Blog Breath of Isis
Blip Vision of Isis
Care2 Henu2Love
Twitter Path to Peace

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286160
  • stats Total Topics: 19404
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110