Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 69
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Avenues of Karnak  (Read 1208 times)

Avenues of Karnak
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:38:17 am »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh

I have always wondered if archeologists would ever discover more of the avenues of the city of Karnak. We have only uncovered a few sections of the great avenues, though much of them remain buried beneath what is now the city of Luxor. We can assume there must have existed a long stretch of sphinx-lined avenue that ran from the Temple of Amun to the Temple in Luxor; and we can assume this because we have images of the priests carrying the naos of the Netjer from one temple to the other in a small barque during sacred holidays.

I have studied the layout of the temples of Karnak and have sketched out where I believe this avenue may have been based off the location of what avenues we have unearthed:  

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jajk1e.png (I apologize in advance, the image is rather large and might load slowly.)

The avenues in 'green' are the ones we know of and have unearthed; the stretches of the avenue in photo that are lined in 'pink' are buried sections.

Just thought this might be interesting to share. I would love to know what others might think/feel about my thoughts on this and if they think it is plausible that the rest of the avenue exists / or can be unearthed. :)

Senabty-Rh'ekh
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285261
  • stats Total Topics: 19326
  • stats Total Categories: 8