collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 69
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Monism/Panthieism and the Netjer  (Read 1576 times)

Monism/Panthieism and the Netjer
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:05:26 am »
Where do you think the Ancient Egyptian belief system would stand on monism? (the belief that all things are at their very core, unified including the Gods. This would be similar to the Hindu belief int he Brahman or the Godhead).

And where do you think the Ancient Egyptian belief system would stand on Pantheism? (the belief that nature and God are inseparable concepts).

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
Re: Monism/Panthieism and the Netjer
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »
Personally, I think the Kemetic Akhu would be on board with it. After all, there existed a popular belief that all deities stemmed from Tem, Amun or (and in some cases, "and") Nun. I myself generally term my spirituality as Spiritual Monism and from a UPG standpoint, I've never had a problem with Anyone saying "no that's not okay"

As far as Pantheism goes, there exists a belief in most indigenous cultures have a pantheistic slant to their view on the world and maybe someone can answer better, but as far as my own armchair Egyptology goes, I've seen the same in Ancient Kemetic beliefs.
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: Monism/Panthieism and the Netjer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:40 am »
The bau or "manifestation" of a deity can be a natural phenomena.  So the sun is a ba of Ra, the moon of Djehuty, the Nile of Wesir or Hapi or Aset as She cries.  I wouldn't say that Nature equals Netjer, but I'd say that Netjer can manifest through nature.  It's the spiritual essence behind the physical manifestation.  

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286250
  • stats Total Topics: 19411
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything