Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 73
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: connect w. the neteru.  (Read 3289 times)

lovely

connect w. the neteru.
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:00:40 pm »
hey. is there any ways i can connect w. the neteru better? thanks.

Offline Zematsenu

• Shemsu
Re: connect w. the neteru.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:05:21 pm »
 Well, there is Senut, but otherwise I find praying and meditation a wonderful way to interact with Netjer. You can try a simple meditation, focusing on the Name you'd like to interact with (and perhaps burn some incense) or just leave yourself open to whomever wants to look in :)

I've began thinking of a rather UPG way to do things, as I've seen other people writing their prayers in little books...maybe writing a daily letter of sorts... (well...Set doesn't mind listening to me ramble about my day XD) *thinks*
Zematsenu - Union of Two (Zemat)
Sat Set her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat.
Meryt Wesir, Bast-Mut her Heru-wer.

Dua Netjer!

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:04:25 am »
I always found that spending time with the gods is the best way to connect with them. When I was interested in getting to know the gods better, I'd go every night, and sit in front of shrine. I'd talk to them, tell them about my day, etc. That way, it est. a connection btwn you two. It also helps you to be more open to them. For me, that makes it easier to hear them.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:48:45 pm »
Em hotep!

I find that the best way to build a connection with a deity is to spend time with Them, both formally and informally. My first experiences with Yinepu involved offering Him several M&Ms every day. It was that regular effort that helped me recognize His presence in my life, and it opened the way for relationships with many other Netjeru. Try doing something small every day for the Name you would like to connect with, and see what happens! You may find Them reaching back out to you before you know it. :grin:

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:41 pm »
I am a visually oriented person.  I find that sitting down with a picture or image of the Netjeru, calming my mind and quieting the inner voice while lighting an incense and candle helps me focus on Them and interact better.  There are times where I feel They are more distant, but I know They are there when I need Them.

Praying, poetry, reading about Them and Their mythologies helps bring me closer as well.  Good luck!
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:31:14 am »
One of my New Years Resolutions was to spend each month this year learning about one new diety. This month is Amun-Ra, King of the Gods. Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to read as much about him as I had hoped, and what I have read has been pretty much what I already knew. However, today I noticed for sure where he was active in my life. I'm definitly going to thank him tonight before going to bed. He surely is beautiful.

Also, I created a ritual of my own called Banishing Apep that I plan to do every morning, and I plan to create a ritual called Establishing Ma'at, for daily repeitition. The plan is that this will help to keep my life Apep free and Ma'at-ful.

Also to add to the whole one God a month thing, I pray primarialy to that God during that month also.

I Think that is all for now. Hope this helps.
Son of Amun-Ra, beloved of Sutekh and Heru-sa-aset!

Seper-en-Amunra: This is my Kemetic Name. It means Appeal to Amun-Ra

Please visit my site dedicated to Dad: templeofamun.weebly.com. Thanks!

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 01:58:05 am »
Ooo, a different god each month is such a spiffy idea. =D

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:31 am »
Em hotep! How can I do a formal prayer?
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:19:28 am »
Define "formal". I don't see what makes a prayer formal, or not formal?

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »
Hotep Devo!  *henu*

I think Kadu is looking for something like Senut when refering to formal prayer (something structured which many people do the same way, as opposed to completely free form or what ever strikes your fancy style prayer).  Senut is a bit of both as it has a structure (but a large part of Senut is communing with/spending time with Netjer whether it's meditating, singing, dancing, drawing, etc. So in effect while we would both start senut the same way (purification, libations, offerings, etc., once we got to the spend time with Netjer part of senut, we'd hit the free flowing part (i.e. whatever works for you) followed by a structured closing.  Also shrines can vary greatly from practitioner to practitioner  regarding what types of materials can be used, whether the statues are in the open or not, etc.

In answer to your question regarding formal prayer, a type of formal prayer would be state prayers done by the priests.  These prayers are done the same way by all priests, and state shrines must meet certain requirements  regarding how they're setup regardless of who the priest is.  These prayers would also be on behalf of the nation rather than specifically for the priest's personal spiritual benefit/needs (which is what senut is for).  

Thus senut prayers would be personal or informal vs state prayers which would be non-personal or formal.  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 10:41:13 am »
Quote from: Tutankhheru
One of my New Years Resolutions was to spend each month this year learning about one new diety.  

That is such a good idea! Thanks for mentioning it, I think I'll be giving it a go too.
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286250
  • stats Total Topics: 19411
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything