collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 56
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Communication or Coincidence?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
Communication or Coincidence?
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »
 I've been noticing I often dream about animals connected to the gods. Not like, every day, but they're adding up. Lions, and crocodiles, and boars- Oh, my!
 But yeah. The thing is, I'm usually running from them. I tried throwing Pok√©balls at a crocodile, but it didn't work. Then there was a dream I was being chased by a black boar. [I didn't even know they could be black] And another dream I was being chased by a bull.
And the newest dream was a few nights ago. I am unable to remember anything except the presence of a lion and crocodile.

But I do often read about Egypt, spend some time now and then rambling to Whoever cares enough to listen, things like that. Things you think about, you tend to dream about.

What do you guys think? Communication or coincidence?

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Communication or Coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:43 pm »
If you read about Egypt a lot, chances are the pictures your mind creates are simply following you into your dream. I highly doubt any Name of Netjer would chase you, so I think it's just your mind messing with you a bit. Perhaps you should talk to the Names about it in prayer, meditation, or at your shrine (if you have one)
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »
It really could be either way.  Are there any other datails or symbols in the dreams (perhaps the animals chase you toward or away from a certain thing) that would lead you to think they are messages?  Do you commonly have this type of dream, but they only recently feature animals related to the Neteru?  
Anyways, your best bet for finding out would be to go to the source and ask Them if the dreams are communications or not.
Kehawi
Sa Amun-Ra her Set
Mery Serqet her Heru-wer

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:07:41 am »
For about a year straight, before and during my delving into Kemeticism, through the beginners class and up to my RPD- I had dreams of snakes CONSTANTLY. All the Gods in my line up are snakes, or have snake forms....go figure.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:17:08 am »
Does it mean something to you?  Do you want to make your life better because of it?  If so, does it matter in the end?  

Netjer is still there whether or not they are constantly on the line, as it were :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bestekeni »
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

Offline ubenetsenu

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 01:50:59 pm »
Quote from: Bestekeni
Does it mean something to you?  Do you want to make your life better because of it?  If so, does it matter in the end?  

Netjer is still there whether or not they are constantly on the line, as it were :)

tek, you say the best things.

when i'm on a long drive and see hawks in the sky, i feel safe and loved and stop to give thanks, regardless of whether somebody sent that particular hawk at that particular moment.  when the water in my akhu shrine runs dry, i take a moment to refill the bud vase and think about or talk to my akhu, even if all that happened was the heat came on and evaporated the water.  
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset
𓁴𓁳
tarot and heka by request

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 06:24:19 pm »
 Something I've always worried about is pretty silly. Okay, REALLY silly. But I have this fear of being annoying by associating an event with a god/ess when he/she might not have done anything.

So I can either be grateful and look stupid or desperate, hoping to connect anything I can to them, or I can give no credit when someone actually did do something. Either way, I feel I would be annoying.

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:11 pm »
In my personal experience, if They are trying to connect to me for some reason, They make it pretty obvious. Every time I've had an experience (which is few and far between), I usually go through a phase of "Did that really just happen? O_o" into a "OH!! I get it now!" sort of phase. If that is what this is feeling like, then it may be a genuine experience.

I have been visited by Tem in a dream (not the physical body of him, but him as rain for some reason), and there was this feeling I got, kind of overwhelming and HUGE where I knew it was a name that was present with me. Try to sort out regular dreams from the vivid and unusual dreams. If you're getting some feelings that are out of the ordinary, it may be some kind of contact. If not, your subconscious is still potentially putting out a signal to Netjer that you want more contact. If they really are contacting you in dreams, ask them to be more vibrant about it (that's the only word that came to mind). Chances are they may make it  more obvious that They're there if They are indeed visiting.
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:55 pm »
Quote from: Taylor
Something I've always worried about is pretty silly. Okay, REALLY silly. But I have this fear of being annoying by associating an event with a god/ess when he/she might not have done anything.

So I can either be grateful and look stupid or desperate, hoping to connect anything I can to them, or I can give no credit when someone actually did do something. Either way, I feel I would be annoying.

I think the Netjeru are pleased whenever They are acknowledged, regardless of whether They're directly involved. If you live away from home for a while, and then call your parents because you got an anonymous gift, and it wasn't from them, I doubt they would be displeased. The gods like to hear from Their children, regardless of the reason. :)

I have had the silliest, most frivolous-sounding dreams and had them be direct, pointed messages from the Netjeru. I've had lovely, symbolic dreams too - but some of the most understandable messages have been in very funny dreams. That said, it's usually personal interpretation that is going to help you figure out what the dreams mean to you. Tek's advice is very sound to that end. :)

I hope that helps some.

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 01:21:49 am »
Sometimes I have dreams about the gods - be they real communication and being in the otherworld, or not - that turn out kind of wacky.  Sometimes not.  In this, as much as this doesn't help much, it could be either/or. :)
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:55:11 pm »

As Sobeq has said, Netjer is pleased to be acknowledged regardless of if They had a hand in the reasons or not.  They will gladly accept the offerings, accept the attention, and you shouldn't be worse the wear for it. :)  I've offered to the "wrong" god (not that there's such thing as a 'wrong' god) on occasion, and have gotten a very nice "Thank You" from Them followed by a "you are not mine" dismissing pat on the head.

If the dreams are messages from Netjer and you're still having problems sorting it out, you can say to Them, "Hey, I'm just not getting it. I want to, but it's not coming through. Could You send me the message in another way?"  If it is from Them, They will repeat it.

Oh, and I annoy the gods all the time, sometimes on purpose. ;)  They don't really get annoyed.  I'll get a playful roll of the eyes, as it were, but any attempts at connection are accepted and appreciated.  :)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.
Fedw Diviner

Sit Down, Parakeet | Twitter

Offline ubenetsenu

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

i used to work in a bookstore, and a lady came in who i thought was my friend's mother.  i said "oh, hi!" and started effusively thanking her for... i think she said something nice about me in the newspaper?  when i finished, she started laughing and said "i think you've mistaken me for my twin sister.  but you're so sweet, i wish i HAD written that!"  

i'll admit, i felt kind of silly, but she was so gracious about it that i didn't mind.  and you know, i don't think our gods would be any less gracious about mistaken identity than she was.
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset
𓁴𓁳
tarot and heka by request

* Most Recent Topics

topic Hello
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Sehedjef
September 21, 2019, 05:56:30 pm
topic Reality Check?
[[PUBLIC] Netjer (Our Gods & Goddesses)]