Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A pleasant surprise.  (Read 1200 times)

A pleasant surprise.
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:04 pm »
Today, in my counseling session, I did a sandplay.

For those not familiar, sandplay is a process where you have a box of sand a few inches deep and a couple of feet long, and you play with it intuitively. Wet it, form it into valleys and ditches and hills - whatever feels right, just connecting with the sand at first. Allowing your mind to clear, you browse over a selection of figures and knickknacks, picking whichever ones you feel a pull to (whether it seems logical or not - it's advised you pick whatever stands out, whether it makes sense or not), and arranging them in the sand to create a scene which, afterwards, you look at with your psych and then translate as if it's a dream. My scenes usually have twenty or so figurines or symbols

It's allowing the subconscious to come through and surface, and a few times I've had insights and things click into place that wouldn't have otherwise without it.

Today was the first one I'd done since I'd started looking into Kemeticism a little, and as I was playing with the sand I'd wondered if the Egyptian gods would show up in the sandplay at all.

I found the first figure, and then I felt a strong pull to a glint of gold on the shelf - I picked it up, and it was a touristy necklace of Egyptian symbols. Turns out my psych had personally bought it from Egypt, too. Wow.

Whether it was a coincidence and my subconscious had picked out the symbols when my conscious mind didn't, or if I'd been nudged, it was still a very, very pleasant surprise and synchronicity there, especially to learn it was actually from Egypt.

Anyone had pleasant things like that happen to them?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 288984
  • stats Total Topics: 19605
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything