Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Heru-Wer?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
Heru-Wer?
« on: January 27, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »
Em hotep!

I am looking for information about Heru-Wer, be it historical or UPG. For some reason lately, when I think of my younger brother (the one I'm asking prayers to be said for), I immidiately think of both Heru-Wer and Set. I'm really hoping that you guys can help me get to know Heru-Wer better.

Thank you and senebty,
Satsenu
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
Re: Heru-Wer?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 02:14:43 pm »
A good place to start would be the index thread, which has a list of all of the deities mentioned in various threads:
http://www.netjer.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=146603#Post146603

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:19:28 pm »
Thanks, Devo. I've looked through those as well as wewawet wiki, but am wondering too if anyone has anything else to add. ^_^
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:30:34 pm »
Em hotep, Satsenu!

The only thing I have to add, really, is that He can be a very no-nonsense deity, sometimes to the point of being abrasive, and to be prepared that He may surprise you with His response. I was very surprised (and a little put-off, at first) by Him when I approached Him at first. Eventually I learned what He expects and will not tolerate and became a little more comfortable around Him. While He is probably a great deity to ask to protect your brother, I feel the need to contribute that little caveat. :)

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 07:37:35 pm »
And what Sobeq said is why I have come to love Heru-wer. He is very blunt and direct, and He really can get the job done and take no bull along the way.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2933
  • stats Total Posts: 286013
  • stats Total Topics: 19391
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217