Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: protests in egypt...status of museums  (Read 15187 times)

Re: protests in egypt...status of museums
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »
Sheeesh, this is nerve-wracking...all the damage that could be done to irreplaceable artifacts....
:/
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »
well this situation is in fact a very sad one, all our legacy not only as kemetics but as humans is lost in the riots. i hope for the sake of life and the peace and cordiality the best happen in egypt and the maat can be reestablished again
[color:red]Biaiensekhmet Son of Sekhmet-Hethert beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Seth =P[/color]

[color:blue]Groupie of Heru-wer Nebethet and Nut[/color]

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »
em hotep all

Just to update you on the situation at the museum:
There have been streetfights right around the museum building all evening. At one point it was said on Al-Jazeera that soldiers weren't properly guarding the museum and there might have been more break-ins. I sincerely hope that turns out to be wrong!!
As of now, we can't do anything but to wait and to pray.

And you know, I'm feeling good about the fact that the area of Midan Tahrir and the street leading north along the museum is right now under control of the anti-Mubarak crowd. I'm trusting them more than I trust the government thugs when it comes to respecting the heritage of their people.

senebty

Ma'en

Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 05:58:35 pm »
Short update:
An al-Jazeera journalist stated that the military had built up a kind of checkpoint right inside the museum, she knew that since she had been detained in there for a while (if I understood that correctly from the live stream).
Positive thing: they seem to still be guarding the museum. Since the fights are going on right beside the museum, in my opinion they should rather be guarding their people right now...

senebty

Ma'en
Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 06:01:21 pm »
Quote from: Maen
in my opinion they should rather be guarding their people right now...

Agreed 100%.  The loss of the artifacts in the museum would be an incalculable tragedy to both Egypt and humanity.  But in the end, people are more important.
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset
Devotee of Aphrodite

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 08:06:55 pm »
Quote from: Taji
Agreed 100%.  The loss of the artifacts in the museum would be an incalculable tragedy to both Egypt and humanity.  But in the end, people are more important.

I will also agree with this.  Artifacts are important and I hope and pray that they are not destroyed, but people are still more important.
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »
Auto gunfire. Complete warfare reported and filmed on Al Jazeera. Netjer save Egypt.
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »
Now Pro-Mubarak protesters fight Anti-Munarak protesters. Their now using fire-bombs on each other... right on the side of the museum. Pray that the building does not go up in smoke! And pray for the people!

http://edition.cnn.com/video/# ... the video of the fire outside the museum is titled: Molotovs leave Tahrir Square ablaze 6:16
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:26:00 pm by Imsetra_Imsety »
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 03:35:50 pm »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41550588#41550588

I'm not sure if anyone got to see this.  It's Zahi Hawass speaking about the Museum in Cairo and the looting that happened.

Interestingly, the guy was arrested right in front of a statue of Sekhmet... !!! (I know, I shouldn't be so surprised.)
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 04:13:31 pm »
Seta thanks for the share after of thousand of years sheis still protecting us
[color:red]Biaiensekhmet Son of Sekhmet-Hethert beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Seth =P[/color]

[color:blue]Groupie of Heru-wer Nebethet and Nut[/color]

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »
Dua Sekhmet!
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »
Yeah I mentioned that I wasn't surprised that he was arrested in-front of the statue of Sekhmet on Youtube and someone made a comment that I didn't like. I think that he thinks that I'm stupid in believing in Sekhmet.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
@Ffollowing Sekhmet:  People are free to believe or disbelieve as they see fit. As I am so very fond of saying, "a plant doesn't need to 'believe in' photosynthesis in order to green. So humans don't necessarily have to believe in the Gods in order for them to be real and valid.

Others can deny all they want, in the end it is what we hold personally dear and true that is what matters.   Faith is just that....faith.
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 06:58:07 pm »
Quote from: Following_Sekhmet
Yeah I mentioned that I wasn't surprised that he was arrested in-front of the statue of Sekhmet on Youtube and someone made a comment that I didn't like. I think that he thinks that I'm stupid in believing in Sekhmet.

Sorry - I didn't read all the comments. No offense meant; not trying to steal your thunder.
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 08:53:00 am »
Quote from: Setkheniitw
Quote from: Taji

I will also agree with this.  Artifacts are important and I hope and pray that they are not destroyed, but people are still more important.

Ditto, we as people shouldn't deteriorate ourselves into animals. Even if many valuable things dear to us are lost. The protesters' attempts to keep the museum safe should be admired. The artifacts are very important nonetheless and they need to be safe for our future generations to enjoy.

Quote from: Seta
Interestingly, the guy was arrested right in front of a statue of Sekhmet... !!! (I know, I shouldn't be so surprised.)

Oh yes, the irony.

PS:
Now recently, Libya has gone out of control and Greece could potentially as well. I pray that things don't get any worse.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:12:39 am by SutekHuh »

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288267
  • stats Total Topics: 19544
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217