Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Egypt has shut off the internet  (Read 5115 times)

Egypt has shut off the internet
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »
And so the protests begin... :|
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Re: Egypt has shut off the internet
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:28 pm »
Articles regarding all that's happening; apparently, it is also a political issue...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11777943 ~ Article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698 ~ Video - Live Feed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318467/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/ ~ Videos and links on this page.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/28/egypt.protests/index.html?hpt=C1

http://www.cnn.com/video/ ~ Videos for CNN topics.

And interesting, in astronomical news:  the sun has a double eruption.  

Amun-Ra angry much?

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/28/5942494-double-whammy-on-the-sun
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:40:45 pm by Seta »
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:00:45 am »
Oh Ra oh mighty, ee khems.

Egypt has been for a long while now struggling with its government. I have been following this issue with a passion for some time now and this... this just leaves me at a lost for words; my heart is torn. The political offices that have been in place under this present Mubarak and his predecessor have done truly not much good for the country of Egypt, let alone its people. A vast majority of the country does not have running water, let alone a 'correctly' functioning electrical system. The country's waste management system is another topic entirely: there are entire villages that have turned from small farming tows into a literal dump for the overflow of waste from cities like Cairo. Cities that, while are prosperous, have a horrid infrastructure.

Part of me is somehow glad to see that the people have such a strong will to change their country (hopefully for the better). And while this Mubarak says he is going to bring more 'democracy' towards the country, I fear his words are without wieght. Obama's words towards the president are wise: do not show hostility towards the protesters. However, while the protesters for now are still fighting for better rights peacefully (yes, what you see in these videos is still 'peacefull'. No revolution in the history of humanity has been accomplished without some show of force.) their views may become tainted. The protesters, who are now calling themselves revolutionists, have no true leader. This is dangerous. After all, the protests of the people against the Iraqian government began with the common folk. Though, the Islamic leaders (extremists) took control of the masses and we find ourselves in the situations the world leaders are facing today.

I fear for Egypt. I pray that the people are able to win over their current government and put in place a better one: whichever one that may be. Though, if this 'revolution' becomes tightly clenched into the hands of the Islamic extremist leaders, we might be facing WW3... The US has had many long years of peace with Egypt. We have supplied Egypt with more military equipment than any other country in this region. The US every year sends large squads of its troops to practice alongside the Egyptian army: thus the Egyptian army has learned some of our tactics. If the government and thus military of Egypt fall into these evil hands.... I do not want to think of the outcome.

I pray for the people of the Egypt. I pray for a safe outcome: a civil outcome. While the revolutionists may chant 'Alla Akbard' to help them in their plight, I chant Dua Netjeru for them.

May Egypt survive. May Egypt find new hope at the end of this struggle.    
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:07:03 am by Imsetra_Imsety »
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:14:24 am »
And this too I find so humble about the peaceful Islamic people. In the midst of what has now seemed to have turned into a full revolution, the revolutionist still stop their anger towards the government's forces and pray towards their god.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12306373 = go to image nine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Imsetra_Imsety »

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 01:43:22 am »
Also... if you are interested in following this, here is the Arabic news broadcast for this issue. Of course all the information is in Arabic, and much is a repeat of what is said on the English pages, though it says more; details more the Us likes to filter out... just place the script in Google translate. It will do a descent job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arabic/middleeast/2011/01/110128_egypt_mubarak_demos.shtml

Also, the videos here are definitively worth watching. They are true, street level clips without reporters. While the people scream in Arabic, I somehow can feel their pain and understand their plight. I don't feel 'fear' or evil when I see these clips like I did when I saw clips of Islamic (extremists) protesters. Somehow, I feel Ma'at. All this is being done for the Ma'at of Egypt...

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 09:16:44 am »
I certainly fear for Egypt. I am angry over how the police have acted, disappointed in the lack of dialog extended by Mubarak, and deeply sad for those who have died. I am very worried that a vacuum of power might be filled by Islamic extremists, and I pray with all of my heart that freedom, true democracy, and Ma'at will prevail here; I pray that no more people will die, and that they will let people have their voices heard in the world again. Suppressing them will only make them more desperate, and likely, more extreme.
We all need sanity, health, and love. My heart goes out to the people of Egypt.
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:53:35 pm »
Our Nisut(AUS) has been keeping up with the news via her facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/nisut and twitter.  Follow her feed there if you wish.

IMHO, Mubarak needs to go.  The Egyptian people need a good government, one that it doesn't have right now.  When I first heard the news of this and how it's snowballed since then, gives me the impression that the Bawy are working there.  Just as a storm tears down and uproots the old and rotten, it also leaves the ground leveled for something new to be built.  I do not wish for this to turn into an all-out civil war.  This needs to be a peaceful transitioning from the old to the new, but I doubt that it will be seamless.  I just hope that by the time I go on the pilrigmage things will have settled down to a good, peaceful place and conclusion.
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:17 am »
Here are the most recent news broadcasts on the situation in Egypt:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/01/30/gps.intv.elbaradei.cnn?hpt=C2

If you are indebted with this, I would recommend watching all the videos: very good coverage and information. It will only take about an hour of your time.

Senabty,
And prayers for Egypt.

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:16:23 pm »
"And interesting, in astronomical news: the sun has a double eruption.

Amun-Ra angry much?"

That cracked me up. XD
But anywho. Yesterday after school I stayed to talk to my history teacher about this, and we discussed how distressed we are. I got pretty emotional at the thoughts of the Cairo museum being destroyed. One of the first things I did upon getting home was praying for peace in Egypt and protection of the museum.

OOO this appeared like two minutes ago on yahoo news: "CAIRO - Egypt's Mubarak will devote next few months of his term to a peaceful transfer of power. "

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 03:34:35 pm »
 Call-to-Tweet is live and running.  They may have shut off the internet, but information can still reach the outside world.

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 08:38:29 pm »
The Call-to-Tweet is awesomely good news. I cheered when I read it.
And I have to agree with Siwy. I got a distinct feeling in my prayers, with a message of "this will be messy, it will hurt, but it's necessary."
I still pray that no more blood is spilled, and that, as always, Ma'at prevails. I have been approaching Sekhmet, however, and She has been clear that Her children will be better cared for by the human powers soon.
I also kinda think Set popped by tonight. I was playing "Guerilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine, and got a feeling of "the rotten will soon be cut out. Don't worry." I was very much O_O, but, I will trust Him.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:40:39 pm by Lunatic_Heathen »
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:27:33 am »
Dictators can never give up there power freely can they?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/02/01/egypt.protests/index.html?hpt=T1

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/02/01/bpr.elbaradei.mubarak.reax.cnn?hpt=C2

Now Mubarak, thinking he is acting justly, is saying that he will leave office in September... Yeah, when those wonderful 'elections' of his are once again to happen, but OH he won't be running...

Lunatic_Heathen, I hope what Set conveyed to you is for certain. Mubarak and his government is a cancer; a malignant tumor pulsing in the heart of Egypt. If he is not cut out, he will Kill Egypt...

Perhaps Mubarak, along with some other World-Leaders, need take a good look at some 'wisdom' texts which once helped run the government of Egypt for some 2000+ years:

Make people come to You through your good nature.
Make your officials great, so that they act by your laws.                            
He who has wealth at home will not be partial,
for he is bountiful under the rule of his Lord.
The poor man does not speak justly.
One who says : 'I wish I had." is unrighteous,
for he inclines to him who will pay him.
Great is the man whose great men are great.
Strong is the King who has councilors.
Speak truth in your house,
that the officials of the land may respect You.
Righteousness of heart is proper for the Lord (of the Two Lands).
The front of the house puts awe in the back...
When free men are given land,
they work for You like a single team.
No rebellious heart will arise among them,
and Hapy will not fail to come.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:09:09 am »
I just heard on the news. Things are looking like violence is going to escalate. Several of the protesters have been attacking with bricks and rocks. While the leader of the protests wants this to remain peaceful, I think people aren't going to listen to reason anymore. But this seems to ring forth a quote from V:
People should not fear their governments. Governments should fear their people.

While I can and do pray for peace, as a former soldier, I know that quite often, like it or not, peace comes at the price of blood. I just hope if it comes to that, that casualties will be kept at a minimum.

I think over the current years and the years to come, we will start seeing corruption being weeded out of governments. The protests in Iran, these current protests in Egypt, and even here in the US. I would think of this as a political rebirth of sorts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert mery Amun, Djehuty her Wapwawet-Yinepu

SematerSekhmet
'Bear Witness to Sekhmet's Truth'

'Come with me.  Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save the things they love.  My job, my mission, the reason I've been put on this earth is to save wildlife.'
~Steve Irwin

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »
Quote from: Lunatic_Heathen
The Call-to-Tweet is awesomely good news. I cheered when I read it.
And I have to agree with Siwy. I got a distinct feeling in my prayers, with a message of "this will be messy, it will hurt, but it's necessary."
I still pray that no more blood is spilled, and that, as always, Ma'at prevails. I have been approaching Sekhmet, however, and She has been clear that Her children will be better cared for by the human powers soon.
I also kinda think Set popped by tonight. I was playing "Guerilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine, and got a feeling of "the rotten will soon be cut out. Don't worry." I was very much O_O, but, I will trust Him.  

Luna, Set is one part of the Bawy, Heru-wer is the other.  They can kick butt and take names when they want to. :)
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 288983
  • stats Total Topics: 19605
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217