collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: An Experience With Ra  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Nubwy

• Remetj
An Experience With Ra
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:13 pm »
First off, a little background from the area in which I live. Namely, it's been a pretty rough winter this year. We haven't seen much sun or warmth in about a month and a half, and most of that time has been filled with freezing temps and snow and ice storms. Constantly.

About a few days ago, I am outside taking my break in the afternoon, and there's still snow on the ground and all that. It's not too warm, but I did notice that there was some pretty serious cloud cover, as there had been all week. I'm just chilling, listening to my ipod, and of course; thinking about Netjer and the Kemetic faith. I've noticed that I have been dwelling on these things for a while now.

At any rate, at that time, I started thinking about Netjer, and all of a sudden (quite in explainable, honestly) a seeming "godray" came through the clouds as the sun broke through them and a really, really intense beam of sunlight just lit me up. It was like stepping into summer, from winter. It got incredibly warm and I could have taken my jacket off right there and felt fine.

Just as this happened, I couldn't help but smile. I never smile randomly (most people don't?), but I did then. I just had this big huge grin on my face. I think it was because I honestly know that Netjer knows I am searching for him, and that he wants me to know he loves me.

This was my first experience with Netjer and I thought I would share it. :)
Nubwysenu, The Two Golden Ones

Son of Ra-Heruakhety and Sekhmet-Hethert.
Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Re: An Experience With Ra
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:14 pm »
Em-Hotep-Rh'ekh.

Whale: That is a very nice experience. I too have had similar experiences with Ra. I have not lived in a snow-prone climate for over three years, but I do remember those cold winter days quiet fondly. And when the rays of Ra would burst forth from behind the looming gray mass of clouds above it was just 'sensational'.

Now I feel that same intensity all day; seeing as I live in a rather desert and dry climate. But I feel him with the same extreme intensity as you described more now during daybreak: when his rays are just starting to explode over the horizon. You see, the nights in Cabo are very cold (well, cold in the sense when you are use to 80 degree days) so when His rays burst over the distant mountains and flood the land with warmth and that amazing orange-red hue it is just incredible.

Dwah Ra! Keep seeking out Netjer and the Netjeru Whale; you will come to find them in very unique ways and places every day, filling your day with much greatness and joy. :)

Senabty-Rh'ekh
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »
Amazing experience! I really love your story. ^_^ Amun-Ra does something similar with me, but it's more from the heat/warmth of the sun rather than an actual ray. Wicked awesome!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:53:34 pm »
Extremely cool Whale! Netjeru sure can make an impact, if you're paying attention! :D
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:05 pm »
Hotep Whale!  *henu*

Thanks for sharing that.  ^_^  It's easy to forget that Netjer is always with us in the day to day hustle and bustle.  Your post is an awesome reminder of that (i.e. that we're never alone)!  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Imyutimuti »
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Priest of Nebt-het and Serqet
Beloved of Ptah and Tasenetnofret
revdwinterfeldt@kemet.org

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45:36 pm »
Beautiful. Dua Ra!
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Nubwy

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:57:17 pm »
Out of curiosity, what does *henu* mean?
Nubwysenu, The Two Golden Ones

Son of Ra-Heruakhety and Sekhmet-Hethert.
Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:38 am »
It's a form of respect and/or worship, also a gesture.

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/EGYPT/HENU.HTM

http://www.egyptianmyths.net/praise.htm

Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »
That sounds lovely.
One of my favourite things is when, Netjer deciede to form in clouds i am watching, and I watch them ravel little scenes in clouds. its brilliant.

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 01:33:51 pm »
That is super groovalicious. It's finally nice weather in Arkansas. I love to be in the sun, but I am extremely pale, and I will probably get skin cancer some day.

We can pretend my sunburns are hugs from Ra. xD That's a cute thought. ^_^

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal