Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Shu & Tefnut  (Read 11313 times)

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
Re: Shu & Tefnut
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:21 am »
Quote from: Tasaiserqet
I tend to perceive Tefnut as a lioness, quite indeed. And in the sun rays, as one. She *is* the Eye of Ra after all, I tend to see Her in His proximity

I think I was struggling connecting to her Lioness aspect because, I don't quite see her as a lioness, more feline and cat like, Similar to Bast really.. which is mind boggling.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/538958_181614335288312_100003192416705_279315_306152471_n.jpg

I hope you can see the picture alright but this is a little space I have made for Tefnut. I have used a gemstone cat a representation for her. Sodalite beads in the shell remind me of raindrops. :)

Quote from: Aashemmuti
Coming from a background of Witchcraft, I think of the four elements a lot in my perception of the Names. I think of Shu in relation to the air element. I have a little crystal with an inclusion in the form of a butterfly, which to me also represents air. So I put this on my shrine to represent Shu. (Satsenu has also been very kind and gifted me with two representations of Him in His lion form, and these sacred items are very dear to me.)

The punster in me wants badly to purchase some blue suede and make a statue of Shu ... so that I would have a "Blue Suede Shu" for my altar. *giggles* I hope He doesn't mind my zany sense of humor!

I come from a Witchcraft background too Aasehm, and view it quite similar too. :) Do you have a picture of your shrine to Shu? I would love to see it :) Also the Blue Suede Shu idea made me giggle! hehe ;)
Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast
Meryt Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Tefnut, Mut her Nefertem

Online Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:57 am »
Quote from: Senka

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/538958_181614335288312_100003192416705_279315_306152471_n.jpg

Where oh where did you find that Wadjet cobra?! I am seriously coveting Her.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 05:11:59 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet

Where oh where did you find that Wadjet cobra?! I am seriously coveting Her.

Heheh! :D I got her from a local shop where I live.. Funnily enough I wasn't Kemetic at the time and very drawn to this statue :) I know the company that makes it is called Nemesis Now. Hope that's useful
Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:43 am »

Quote from: Aashemmuti
Coming from a background of Witchcraft, I think of the four elements a lot in my perception of the Names. I think of Shu in relation to the air element. I have a little crystal with an inclusion in the form of a butterfly, which to me also represents air. So I put this on my shrine to represent Shu. (Satsenu has also been very kind and gifted me with two representations of Him in His lion form, and these sacred items are very dear to me.)

I come from a Witchcraft background too Aasehm, and view it quite similar too. :) Do you have a picture of your shrine to Shu? I would love to see it :) Also the Blue Suede Shu idea made me giggle! hehe ;)

Em Hotep Senka! I would be happy to share pictures of my shrine.  :)   I took a couple this morning after my Senut, and will share them as soon as I figure out a good way to upload them from my phone.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Online Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 08:16:03 am »
Heheh! :D I got her from a local shop where I live.. Funnily enough I wasn't Kemetic at the time and very drawn to this statue :) I know the company that makes it is called Nemesis Now. Hope that's useful

It is, but from the look of their site, they no longer sell it. Ah well.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
It is, but from the look of their site, they no longer sell it. Ah well.

:( Awh thats a shame.. Maybe try some local new age shops around your area? They might be in touch with someone who has some Nemesis Now stock. :)

Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:10:53 am »

I think I was struggling connecting to her Lioness aspect because, I don't quite see her as a lioness, more feline and cat like, Similar to Bast really.. which is mind boggling.

I hope you can see the picture alright but this is a little space I have made for Tefnut. I have used a gemstone cat a representation for her. Sodalite beads in the shell remind me of raindrops. :)

[color:#6600CC]
Heh, I'm with you on being able to relate Her to Bast. Given They can be understood as one another, just in different stages of Creation, I can see the linkage. Not mind boggling at all, it's got basis in practiced belief of Kemet.

Your picture displays just fine to me, and thank you for sharing. It's quite a lovely space. Very decent imo.[/color]
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:25 am »
Just throwing a Happy Birthday out for Shu and Tefnut today! Nekhtet!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 02:04:07 pm »
We use to sell Nemesis Now stock in our store (unfortunately the shop is closing in May, otherwise I'd have my manager look it up for you) though I never saw that one in my 6yrs working there...believe me, I would have snapped it up :).  I'd say, just keep an eye out on Ebay, someone may be trying to sell one.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHU AND TEFNUT!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Hedeb »
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 11:16:00 pm »
Happy birthday Shu and Tefnut!
I floated prayer boats in a small lake for Them tonight, it was grand and windy and cold.

Dua Shu and Tefnut!
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 06:08:06 am »
Happy Birthday Shu & Tefnut! :) It was very odd weather yesterday, the sun was shining, with some spells of rain and wind! Very lovely. Dua Shu, Dua Tefnut!
Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast

Offline Tjebni

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 07:09:27 am »
Just wanted to say how happy I am Tefnut turned up as one of my beloveds! Dua Tefnut!
Senebty,
Tjebni

Sat Serqet-Aset her Bast

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:23 am »
I'm still kind of reminding myself of the heka involved in celebrating Shu & Tefnut's birthday. It's one of my favorite holidays, so here with belated: HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~ just for respect.
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 12:09:41 pm »
Digging way deep here, but Shu & Tefnut's Birthdays sounded like a neat holiday on the Opening of the Week chat.

So this morning I walked down to the guardrail at the end of my street to take in the bay & reflect on Nun and left an offering of a chocolate bar.

The twins of creation were apparently taking it easy for their birthday, because Tefnut was very settled & comfortable & sleeping in--there was a heavy fog on the water--and Shu was no-where to be found.  Everything had that fog-muffled isolated, insulated, obscuring stillness, it felt incredibly appropriate.

It was just a really lovely moment.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:23:29 pm by Brea »

Offline Ipema'asenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 09:20:29 am »
Happy Birthday Shu & Tefnut! <3

Does anyone feel Shu as a name related to protection? I remember when I went to greet him I felt a big lion or something similar (?) Giving his protection, or it was Tefnut hehe
Ipema'asenu - Claimed from the arms of two
https://ipemaasenu.wordpress.com
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet her Bast, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Rá
🌻🐱🐺

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298666
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything