Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 60
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The Netjeru and Thier Forms  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
The Netjeru and Thier Forms
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »
Em hotep!

I have been thinking about our gods as shapeshifters lately. I know there are many gods in our pantheon Who are known for changing Their forms at Their whim: Aset comes to mind first for me, then Wepwawet. But I know that all of our gods appear in a number of forms and may use different ones to suit Their needs or our needs.

I have had both of my Parents present Themselves differently during various points in my life, when my needs changed from time to time. Their natures remained the same throughout, but their presentation and appearance changed. My Father alternately presents Himself as a warrior, a seer or wise-man, and a gentle guide, depending on what I need. And He is always my Father, but in different forms. My Mother has appeared in the double crown and traditional regalia, as a woman in purple and beautiful jewels, and as a full lioness - all different forms with different attitudes, but very much my Mother.

What have your experiences with the different forms of the Netjeru been? Have you ever had a god appear to you in one form under one set of circumstances, and another form under other circumstances? :) Just a little food for discussion for everyone.

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Seshagemseger

• Divined Remetj
Re: The Netjeru and Thier Forms
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:51 am »
No answers to this one yet eh?

In a dream once, though I couldn't look directly at Her, my Mother was young and pale-skinned, reminiscent of Death from the Sandman comics.  But every once in a while, among crowds of people, I'll see a somewhat grandmotherly black woman, wearing something white and something leopard print, who gives me a knowing look or a random smile.  Now that I think of it, it was like the dream was a more Nebthet-ish Seshat, and the waking encounters are more a Nit-ish Seshat. :)

I have also seen Her as a small petite woman with a colossal shadowy double of Herself standing behind; both were Her.
Child of Seshat
Beloved of Hethert, Serqet, and Shu
seshat.org / Facebook / LiveJournal

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:45:06 am »
I had Aset "hanging around" in the form of a kite for a coupla days (literally flying constantly over my house, and sitting on the lightpost right in front). Also, Netjer has also "messaged" me in the form of a great blue heron (Bennu).
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:46:17 am »
Aset has appeared to me as a regular life-like bird, I've seen her almost as a relief picture- with the spread out wings. I've seen her in traditional AE garb.

Set has come to me looking all human, or a human with a Set beast 'mask' on (not sure what else to call it). He's been half naked, and fully clothed. Sometimes he's in AE styled clothes. Other times (more frequently) he shows up in some sort of Japanese styled clothing. Though almost always, his top half is pretty much showing with nothing but jewelry on it. He is almost always humanoid form, tho.

Most of the time when I see hte gods in my mind, the details get furry, or I get this impression of what they look like- yet it's hard to pin down the details. If that makes sense. It's also this way in dreams.

Not very exciting, I know lol.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
I have had Heru-Sa-Aset appear to me as an actual physical hawk at several times. Another time I heard him in my head and had a visual of him behind me putting his wings on my shoulders (much like the statues of Nisuts with him behind them). Other than that, I cannot think of any way the Gods have appeared to me.

However, there is a story from Greece that says Zeus once came to earth in human form and was turned away several times from peoples homes, except for one person. He then destroyed the city except for that person. I think that is basically how the story goes. I bring this up, because I believe that the Gods may come to us in the form of other people and test us. I had an experience at work where I had to deal with a very unsavory guest. I took this to be one of the Gods (then I thought it was Heru or Amun, but now after my RPD, I think it may have been Sutekh). I think I passed the test for sure. lol.

I don't know if that was actually one of the Gods or not, but it REALLY felt like it.

I love Them all!
Son of Amun-Ra, beloved of Sutekh and Heru-sa-aset!

Seper-en-Amunra: This is my Kemetic Name. It means Appeal to Amun-Ra

Please visit my site dedicated to Dad: templeofamun.weebly.com. Thanks!

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »
I've encountered what I believe to have been Set multiple times as a redheaded redneck biker with a ridiculous mustache. Ra-Heruakhety rarely shows, and it's always something different, but you immediately know Who's Who.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

I provide writing, editing, and tutoring services in exchange for donations to the House. PM me for details.

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:10 pm »
Quote from: Khesretitui
I've encountered what I believe to have been Set multiple times as a redheaded redneck biker with a ridiculous mustache.

I seriously LOL'ed. You have no idea. xD

Yet somehow, I can totally see Him doing that... hehe.
Senebty!

Tepta

Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning" or "Bast-Mut survives"

Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet, Serqet, Mafdet her Sobek
Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »
Not sure how I missed this thread. I have something of a shamanistic background, and one of the first things I do whenever I 'go out' to do 'work' is figure out what shape I am (usually something with wings). I don't consciously choose it most of the time, but it tends to fit the occasion. If I do that, then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do it too. My personality does change somewhat, but it's still always me.

My former teacher Wakinyan used to not only change shape, he/she would sometimes switch genders too. It just depended on what we were working on at the time.

I saw Heru-sa-Aset in a dream once. He walked in half asleep, fully human, and in the buff. I was like "Hellooo!" Then I felt all embarrassed, lol.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:06 am »
Father has appeared to me throughout the years in various forms.  A handsome young but mature man (OMG ripped!! Rawr!) playful and mischievous.  Sometimes as an older, wise ruler on a throne, quick to the point and no interest in wasting time, there is work to do.  Occasionally He's come to me as a flaming red terrifying humanoid demon-beast with skin of leather, dripping fangs and menacing claws, who never frightened me one bit.

Mother hasn't changed how She appears to me much over the years.  She is always stoic, a beautiful and regal woman, always with a smile that communicates more than any words possibly could, whose motions are so slight and fluid, She doesn't seem to move so much as insinuate Herself.  She is always so peaceful, quiet, and reserved, yet She inspires me to dance and sing and laugh.

Father is always shifting for me, I suspect because He likes to play with my perceptions. He doesn't like me getting complacent. :)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.
Fedw Diviner

Sit Down, Parakeet | Twitter

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286250
  • stats Total Topics: 19411
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything