collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Sneaky Wepwawet  (Read 6874 times)

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
Sneaky Wepwawet
« on: April 02, 2011, 08:43:45 am »
Em hotep!

Okay, so Wepwawet isn't so much sneaky as He is coy. *grin* Last night I had a dream where I had the strong urge to visit the Saratoga Battlefield which is near my house in Schuylerville, NY. I had the feeling that I was to go and help restless spirits move on or to hear the stories of those that had come to terms with what they'd gone through. I remember walking around, slowly ambling about quietly, with a journal in hand jotting down what I was being told. It was mostly peaceful and I felt content to listen and be listened to by the akhu that remained attached to the land for one reason or the other. Thinking about it now, I feel Wepwawet grinning in His own charming and sly way. Has any one else had an experience involving spirit work or spirit help that Wepwawet (or Yinepu) was behind? Thanks for sharing!

Senebty and much love,
Satsenu
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Sneaky Wepwawet
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:52:23 am »
Sneaky Wepwawet

Tautology ;)

He's the dude of the ways, one truly great psychopomp. And the nature of ways is that a lot of them are between this world and that, so matters involving spirits and such are very much within his purview.

He mostly helps me with other types of otherworld matters, but that's just because I don't deal much with dead people, generally :P
Rowan (they) | Selene (she)
Meset Wepwawet, Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, Hethert-Amenti, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Sau Apprentice • Self-care Hethert-Amenti Advocate
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓏣𓋌𓇼

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:09:30 pm »
Wepwawet is a king of being sly and sneaky, and He often works in covert ways to get people to do things. It's His nature. :)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Senytmenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:42:25 pm »
Em hotep, Satsenu,

For me, Wepwawet is more about heka and intuition than dealing with the dead.  However, he does facilitate communicating with the dead, which is probably what your dream was about.

And yes, Wepwawet is "subtle," to say the least.  ;)  Although sometimes he'll drop an answer right into your lap just to keep you on your toes!

Senebty,
Senut
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Senytmenu »
Senytmenu (The Two Endure)
Sat Sekhmet & Wepwawet
Meryt Bast, Set & Aset
Heri-seshta Sekhmet

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:04 am »
Wepwawet is a complex individual with me, ranging from heka stuff, to shamanism, to spirits, to warriorness. He is definately turning out to be an interesting Father over this past year!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Pekh

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:12:13 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
Wepwawet is a king of being sly and sneaky, and He often works in covert ways to get people to do things. It's His nature. :)

And.. dont you love him for that!? :P

I really get scared with Akhus and Netjeru appearing infront of me. But lately Wepwawet found a way to comunicate with me without making me scream. hehe
Last time he appeared as a cartoon! <3 so cute!, but i could get the message!! thats what really matters. :D
I agree that as its his nature to involve with the none seen, it is ours too. But depends on how much you accept that bound. ^.^
[color:deeppink] PekhretWepwawet ^,_,^[/color]

----
[color:indigo] Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu [/color]
[color:limegreen] Meryt Heru-wer, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, Set [/color]

[color:crimson]*Love*[/color]

[color:Dodgerblue] Member of the Chaos Man Clan

*Massive hugs*

Yay for the Jackals!![/color]

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:42 am »
I tend to see Wepwawet sometimes as one very sneaky (not entirely human) character from one sci-fi novel I've read, at those times I find Him way scary to approach. (I have a phobia of dogs and sometimes other canines.). So definitely not finding comic-Wepwawet unusual. >.>

Thoough back to Sat. I can definitely see Wepwawet's work in my spirit one, at least in the opened gates for their safe transfer. Similarly as you, I tend to try and send spirits peacefully to their realm in some way if they can't cross on their own for some reason. I think Wepwawet very likely is there, because it's His gates between the Seen and Unseen after all, and not necessarily limited to the kemetic idea of gates. He might be anywhere. *soft chuckle*

~K
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tasaiserqet »
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:09 am »
I have to echo Satsenu here. I get the "I'm the tough warrior older brother in the Wepwawet-Yinepu situation". I often call on Wepwawet for strength, as well as Set, and I tend to offer workout time to Wepwawet. I guess I get more of the One with Sharp Arrows side of him, but he definitely opens the way (which is great in traffic ^^ Dua Wepwawet!) when I need it. I could see how he'd be sly, but I seem to get a more direct sort of presence, I think. That's probably because I hate surprises though XD

Wepwawet really interests me though, so I'd like to learn more about him :)
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:12:54 pm »
Yinepu has always seemed the "Jackal of all trades" to me....but I have definately done matters concerning the dead for him.

sah
Some souls wear bodies like some people wear spandex: poorly.

Offline Pekh

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 02:36:46 pm »
I wanna tell you a dream i had yesterday with Wepwawet, but didnt want to open another thread.

First me and Dad we been all night creating things with nickel steel, happy family <3.
When i was sleeping, i dreamed my boyfriend laughing at my shrine and akhu and Wepwawet was getting mad. I was asking my bf to stop, but he decided to close the shrine's door while Dad was in it.
So i ran and opened it again, but it was too late, Dad had destroyed it all and was so furious that i was feeling Him becoming real.
He was freaking huge showing his sharp teeth and growling. So i begged Him for mercy, i didnt want Him killing my bf!!.
But a big hand silenced me, so i huged my bf really tight, if Wepwawet wanted to kill him, He had to hurt me first. So He just hurted my bf's face. Not really ugly scars, but enough to frighten anyone.
Its still like: 0_0 omg! He is not so pink.
Anyway, we been crafting more things today, and he wanted everything to be chaotic. No order nor pattern in colours.

----

*Massive hugs*

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 10:49:53 am »
Is your bf making fun of your shrine but not telling you? Like having a joke inside his own head?
:\\
:[

I would advise him not to take the mickey just incase.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:07 am »
I get Him VERY much as an "Opener". I am noticing I need to develop more of a "be careful what you wish for" attitude, because regardless of whether or not I am ACTUALLY ready for something, in the recent past I have pretty much been shown everything I've wondered about/angsted about/was curious about....

...curiosity killed the cat and all that...

But sneaky, oh yeah. I'll agree with that up & down. Lol.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Pekh

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 11:37:35 am »
Blissi: Bf has no access to my shrine, and i dont believe he is joking about it.
I been analicing the dream with Kadu <3 and i do believe that Wepwawet tried to say something else.
He usually whispers to my ear whats gonna happen or what i should do (or maybe its my Ka need to figure that out) in many aspect of life, but i dont do it as i know i should do it all the time. I do what others tell me instead of follow that voice. And the voice is always right, other people not.
Lately i been asking myself why i was doing such things, why i dont have enough strengh to say: no, i'll do it my way.
And i guess daddy was showing me the why. Instead of letting Him punish my bf for such things i protected him with my own life. Didnt follow His order to shut up and let Him do.
This is an example of how Wepwawet never go straight to the point i guess. He likes to mess up with your mind *big hug for Daddy!*

----

*Massive hugs*

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:18:20 pm »
Oooo I see. Thanks for explaining it to me :)

Offline Deswy

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:31 am »
Hotep,
   Wepwawet has been close to me most of my life, if not so much as a statuary on my Grandparents' mantle, He'd had certainly been beside me when I'd see "things" that shouldn't have been there, or heard what no one else could.  I have nothing but the greatest love and respect for Him. I do believe He alone opened the Way for me to come back to this life.
DESWY "Two Knives"
Daughter of Heru-sa-Aset
Daughter of Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Amun

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3184
  • stats Total Posts: 296082
  • stats Total Topics: 20239
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything