Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

100%+   Current donation status as of January 15, 2021 = $2,500 of $2,500 (100%)   Donate!

Plus Projected Rollover of $1,462.56!!!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hawks, hawks, everywhere...  (Read 7823 times)

Hawks, hawks, everywhere...
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:10:31 am »
I see a lot of hawks lately. Flying around overheard, or just perched somewhere staring at me as I go by. Funny birds.
"So the bodhisattva saves all beings, not by preaching sermons to them, but by showing them that they are delivered, they are liberated, by the act of not being able to stop changing." - Alan Watts

Offline Devo

• Remetj
Re: Hawks, hawks, everywhere...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:23 am »
When I lived out at my parents, there were Hawks everywhere. It was crazy. They used to sit on the sprinklers out in the fields. They were cool to watch.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:41 am »
We see them all the time when we drive through the desert. The only places they have to sit, and build their nests, is on top of the telephone poles next to the road.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:36 am »
I have the same thing, only with ospreys...they are EVERYWHERE around here.

Except the one time a kite circled above my house for 2 days every time I came home or exited the house...and perched up on the lightpole directly in front of my house...what was going on with THAT I wonder....lol...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:24 am »
Wolf Cub,

I think Heru is trying to get your attention. I know there are common in our area, but they tend to have a fondness for you and keep popping up. Ask Heru what He wants?
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
that I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:06:03 am »
Em hotep Wolf Cub

Hawks are odd creatures indeed, and very beautiful!  I must echo what Raheri has said though.. and add to it :)  Perhaps not Heru but Another Who takes raptor form? Not being specific here since there are several Others to my knowledge. Just my 2 cents.

Senebty!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »
Em-Hotep-Wolf Cub,

I do love Hawks. Perhaps it has to do with my connection with both Heru and Ra. I live in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and these beautiful birds seem to be everywhere; one has come to make a nest in two tall date-palms behind my house... funny; the same thing happened in my old home of North Haven Connecticut when I first became very close to Heru.

Not to be the third to say this, but I would definitely ask who is watching you. It could be Heru, or Ra, or Antii, or even Nekhbet, or Wadjet... I would ask, because it does seem that someone has a attraction to you :)

Senabty-Rh'ekhu
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
We get hawks (red tails, mostly) very often at the farm, and there's an eagles nest about a mile away.

The real stand-out though is the turkey vultures! Yesterday there were six of them perched on the barn. Six foot wingspans, most of them! Every once in a while one will fly over, perch in a tree, and watch me for a bit.

Either they expect I'm about to expire, or Nekhbet is keeping an eye out for me!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Helmsman_of_Yinepu »
Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:56 pm »
We have a lot of vultures out here. Eagles. Hawks. Owls. I love all the birds

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 11:37:18 pm »
Very very cool birds....

we have lots of them here, mostly red tail and shoulder
though we also have quite a few other raptor visitors including Coopers and Peregrines. I quite like the Osprey...its an awesome bird. Not to mention all the other such birds, like the couple of kite varieties and oh the vultures and owls!

Though, I would add...It may be Heru...It may be another raptor name attempting to grab your attention :D  Heru's not the only hawk in the skies
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 03:39:27 pm »
...or it could be birds in the sky?

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Kefetmisenu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 06:38:32 am »
Em hotep :)

My boyfriend has told me that essentially ever since we started dating he's seen more and more hawks. I've (half) joked it's Father watching him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kefetmisenu »
Kefetmisenu
Sat Heru-wer her Hethert-Sekhmet
Gothic horror writer and artist. Icon is my own artwork

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 07:55:49 am »
Heh heh...my boyfriends had the same thing with spiders (and my High Priestess' handle is Arachne)  > )

Sorry, totally OT.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 10:45:39 am »
When my husband and I got involved, it was snakes, lots of rattlers, a king snake, a baby blind snake, and a huge water moccasin. The big king snake even slithered across our friend's living room floor, no joke. I still don't know where they came from, if it was him or me or what. I was seriously starting to get nervous about going camping with him. No one got hurt, except for the giant black water moccasin that was headed straight for my tent, with me inside it. Oh, and that one had just gotten done eating another snake!(Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?)

Sorry, more OT....how 'bout them hawks? :D
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline rev. ubenet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:22 pm »
a friend of mine said she had never seen so many hawks in her life as she did on a two-hour drive with me. now, whether that's because i love them and point them out (hi Daddy!) and she just never noticed in other cars, or because they're actually following me around... ;)
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300106
  • stats Total Topics: 20626
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955