Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Sobek  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Sobek
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 01:51:06 pm »
Dua Sobek.

My Father may not say much to me, but he, apparently, spaeks volumes to everyone else, and this makes me happy.  Sobek has never been that vocal with me, he's always been a little quiet, but when He does offer help it's usually exactly what the doctor ordered. I'm glad he's been communicating with you, Janet. He's wonderful when you get to know him.

Senebty!
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:15 pm »
Hotep Awetitu, I think Sobek has just came to me, at a point of extreme need. And after a disturbing phone late this evening, I sensed him with me again. I now suspect, that he just knows I need him. (more than I apparently realised)

I think your Father is pretty amazing, and I really appreciate the encouragment. I look foward to getting to know him.:-) Senebty.

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:57 am »
Dua Sobek! What an awesome Name. While I don't know much about Him, reading the stories you and Sobekemiti (bro, you need to send me a shortened version of your name!) have shared in this thread have made me smile. Heck, reading the original post, I could see that big crocodile smile all the way through very vividly.

Also, the dream of the matchboxes sounded like a slightly scary game of hide and seek to me. xD

I sort of see some of myself in your descriptions of Him - not a lot, Netjer knows I'm not exactly quiet, but laid back and teaching others to stand up for themselves is a bit like me. Funny how humans reflect their gods. :]
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 07:39:22 am »
Dua Sobek
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 11:39:11 am »
Quote from: Sobekemiti
...Sobek was the biggest, and I remember moving over to Him and lying beside him. Our bodies merged, and He told me we were one. (Very Lion King, thanks, Daddy.) I've never had another dream quite like it.

This is interesting. I was looking through old threads because I talked to Sobek this morning. He merged with me too, like his image was superimposed over mine. Then we could talk. I've always had a hard time talking to him before.

He said, "I used to sing you lullabies in the marsh." I don't think he literally meant me, but was referring to Heru-sa-Aset.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:26 pm »
wow.  just saw this post for the first time.  As I was reading Janet's OP, all I could do is smile.  That is soooooo how I 'get' Sobek/Sobek-Ra.  :D

Dua Sobek!
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Sobekemiti

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 04:47:47 am »
Quote from: Shezep_shuty
This is interesting. I was looking through old threads because I talked to Sobek this morning. He merged with me too, like his image was superimposed over mine. Then we could talk. I've always had a hard time talking to him before.

He said, "I used to sing you lullabies in the marsh." I don't think he literally meant me, but was referring to Heru-sa-Aset.

Aww, this makes me smile so much. Daddy's such a sweetie. I love the image of Him singing lullabies to Heru-sa. That's just ridiculously adorable. <3
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') | Genderfluid (they/them) | Sau Apprentice
mes-en-Sobek Shedety
meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet
Per sebek

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything