collapse collapse

* Donation Status

51%
Current donation status as of October 18, 2021 = $1,830.69 of $2,500 or 73%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Parents, Beloveds, and offerings  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Parents, Beloveds, and offerings
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »
I haven't had my RPD, so I don't know who my parents and beloveds are yet. I was wondering, however, if I am required to provide an offering to each and every one of them at every senut, assuming that I perform senut daily.

Ex. I have seen some people with 2 parents and 3 beloveds. That would be 5 offerings. Would I want to pray to all at senut but make an offering to one, and just rotate per senut? Would I need 5 offerings every day, one for each Name?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how this works. I like to provide offerings, but I run out of ideas rather quickly so...

any help would be loved :) thanks
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Djehutyendy

Re: Parents, Beloveds, and offerings
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:41:35 pm »
When I do Senut, I have a general offering for Netjer as a Whole and if I want to address Someone specific, I get additional offerings. Personally, I like to have something for each Name of Netjer in my line-up, but that is just because I don't do senut often so when I do get around to it, it's kind of a big deal :-P I think if I did it more regularly, I wouldn't get something for each Name every time.

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 02:02:50 pm »
When I do Senut, I only offer to my Parents, and then I usually offer the same thing broken into two portions. I will sometimes offer to my Beloveds separate from Senut. But I don't offer entirely separate parts.
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut, Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Mezaenaset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:43:00 pm »
Em hotep, Faofeng!

Gosh, I've done it all sorts of ways:

Offer something(food/drink) to my Mother, Aset only.
Offer something (food/drink) to my Mother, Aset and all FIVE of my Beloveds.   :crazy:
Offer a bit of cool water to each of my line-up.
Offer a different incense to each of my line-up.
Read one prayer from the Prayerbook for each of my line-up.
Offer to only one Name in my line-up (usually when requesting Their specific help on something).

But usually I only offer to Aset.

Senebty,

~Meza~

Sa Aset-Serqet her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Mery Bast-Mut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, NebetHet-Nit-Seshat her Djehuty

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »
Hotep Faofeng!  *henu*

You are only required to offer to your Parent(s) during senut.  You can put out offerings for your beloved(s) if you like as well, but this is not required.

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Priest of Nebt-het and Serqet
Beloved of Ptah and Tasenetnofret
revdwinterfeldt@kemet.org

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »
I do Senut like Endy.  I offer something for Everyone, and I spend a good week selecting offerings.  I only do Senut every couple of months though, probably because I do make such a production of it.
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Meket

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »
When I do Senut, I make sure I have something for Mom (Serqet) that I'm not offering to Anybody else, and I'll have something that I'm offering to the whole Family.  More often than not, a really nice glass of a citrus juice (Mom loves orange juice, and if I do Senut in the evening, she loves a good Sex on the Beach cocktail!) for Mom and a handful of dark chocolate pieces for Her and Everyone else.

If I'm looking for help, inspiration, or assistance from one of my Beloveds, I will offer to Mom first, then to the Beloved I have in mind, then a small offering to the rest of the Family.

It's not because I feel I HAVE to, or that I'm afraid They'll be upset with me if I don't give to Everyone, it's just personal choice.  I came from a spitey family that would exclude people from giftgiving and celebration for no reason, so when it comes to my family, Netjer or otherwise, I always try to include EVERYONE possible.  :)

Besides... They like Their chocolate.  ;)
Meketserqet
Serqet Protects / Serqet's Protection
Sat [color:red]Serqet-Aset[/color], Meryt [color:blue]Set, Heru-wer, Djehuty,[/color] her [color:blue]Satet[/color]!

"No more tears," He said.  "Only your strength will do."

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 07:32:01 am »
I offer to Mom constantly, and to my Beloveds when a thank-you is needed, when they ask, or if I find something I think one of them would especially like. Some years I interact with them more, depending on life circumstances, though, so there have been times when I've offered slightly more to one Beloved than Mom, but that's not the norm for me.

And I've also got Beloveds who like action-offerings more than stuff-offerings, so my day can easily be filled with the making of offerings, well beyond those I make in shrine.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Tjezaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 12:37:53 pm »
Hotep Faofeng,

I do Senut everyday and make offerings to my Mother, Aset-Serqet and Beloveds; Wesir, Sekhmet-Hethert, everyday as well as Netjer for all the Neterju in general, but I do make sure that I offer to my Mother first and foremost and Her offerings tend to be either " more" or somehow more unique or different than the other offerings, as Meket has also mentioned. I feel that my Mother does appreciate the loyalty and devotion and I am personally content when I place that devotion as a priority.

I also offer other activities for the day, but as I am  a newly divined Shemsu, I am still also in the process of finding the best approach to doing this aside from the rigors of devotion that I am already accustomed to. I just listen to what my Mother and Beloveds " tell" me and go with Thier guidance. It is important to have that connection :)

Senebty,
[color:indigo] TjezAset
[/color]
Sat [color:blue] Aset-Serqet [/color]
Meryt [color:green] Wesir [/color] her [color:red] Sekhmet-Hethert [/color]

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »
Em hotep!
As I am a new divined remetj, I am still in the process of finding the best approach to doing offerings to my line-up at the Senut! But since my first Senut to now, I make the 4 libations and then I put a dry offering to Netjer - The One and hail to all my Parents and Beloveds, so I do not specify a Name to offer at the Senut, but I usually make informal offerings to a Parent or Beloved Name during my day, for example: I'm at a party and before I open a beer I offer it to my Mom Hethert and then I drink it. And when I want to talk specifically with a Parent or a Beloved, I light my shrine candle and then I put a specific offering to the Name I am wanting to talk to.
I don't know if this is right, I need helps too because I'm a new divined remetj, so I am learning in this topic too lol

Senebty :D
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »
Em Hotep Faofeng!

Thank you for starting this topic. I'm a newly divined Shemsu too, so this also gives me some helpful direction. Since I don't know my Beloveds well, I've decided to alternate dedicating Senut between each of Them and Bast daily.

But now that we're into the Days Upon the Year, I'm a little off-balanced with it all. Time and patience, right?

Senebty
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 09:37:50 pm »
I normally only do Senut for Aset, my Mother.  Although I do give my Beloveds and Sekhmet offerings too, but not every time.

As far as I understand it, Senut is done for the Parent(s) Netjer and Beloveds can be added to it, if one wishes.  So, basically, what Imti said.
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Asetwedjbai

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 11:24:59 pm »
When I did senut, I generally only offered to Aset, or one offering to Aset and one for all five of my beloveds to share. Once in a while I would just offer to Aset and one beloved for a special reason...but Aset always got something, that was just "The Way It Was Done".

senebty, Wedjbai
Wedjbai
sat Aset-Amenti
meryt Hethert, Wesir, Yinepu, Nut &
Nebthet

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »
As a beginner, during Senut I make an offering to Netjer as a whole - usually bread and cool water. When days come where a specific name should be honored (like today, Set's birthday), I leave them something additional - sometimes in Senut, but often outside of it.

In the beginners' course, we're asked not to focus on specific names in Senut (with the exception of special occasion). however, when I become a Remetj, I will supplement the cool water and bread for Netjer with an additional gift for the two Names I consider my mothers. If I am divined, then I'll probably try to honor any beloveds through action.

Of course, YMMV and this isn't set in stone.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar and Wepwawet
Kemetic Humanism / New England Kemetic Organizing

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 04:23:15 am »
Em hotep, Faofeng.

Thankyou for starting this topic! The answers people have given have really helped me :). (I was really unsure about whether I have to offer to my Beloveds every day...).

Thanks, everyone!

Senebty.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3484
  • stats Total Posts: 303558
  • stats Total Topics: 21040
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal