collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Another newbie.  (Read 11582 times)

Offline Shukheperas_ankhi

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Another newbie.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »
Thanks for all the welcomes.  :)  Very glad to be here.

Quote from: Meket
Well you already know (or I hope you do) how happy I am to see you doing something you're interested in, and how happy I am to see you here!

I definitely do know, and I'm happy that I can have someone to look to when I have questions. ^.^

Quote from: Faofeng
I LOVED the Egypt Game! I read it in 7th grade and I have been tempted to read it again sometime, even though I'm in college now.

I know how you feel!  I actually don't believe I have my original copy any more though, so if I want to read it I may have to check it out at the library or see about purchasing a new copy.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:34:04 pm by LadyTanha »
Sat Khepera her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
☀️ Khepera's sunlight makes me live 🌻
meryt Djehuty her Serqet-Aset
|Discord Moderator|Sema Ka|
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:10 pm »
Em hotep and welcome Lady Tanha! Glad you decided to post your intro. Good luck with the class!

-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 10:14:14 pm »
Quote from: Tarekbast
Good luck with the class!

I haven't been accepted yet, careful not to jinx me!  :P
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Tahotep

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:19:40 am »
Em Hotep, Tanha!

Having responded to another one of your posts on another section of the boards, I just noticed this one!  Once again, you and I sound eerily alike.

Welcome to the boards, please don't feel the need to lurk to avoid interrogators.  We are all friendly here--we only nibble, and I promise we've had our shots!

I see no reason you couldn't join in the classes, but congratulations on making your post :)

Senebty,

Tahotep
Tahotepirty
"Peace of (the) Two Eyes" or "Peaceful Two Eyes"
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Bast, meryt Aset-Serquet her Amunet

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 02:27:00 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Lady Tanha, it's very nice to meet you.  :)
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 03:10:42 am »
Em hotep, LadyTanha :).

Welcome to the forums. It's lovely to meet you.

Enjoy the Beginner's class, and don't be afraid to ask questions! (From one who has learned that no questions are "silly" :).

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Senebty.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:12:14 am by Niheriwepwawet »
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 08:59:21 am »
YAY! Another Florida person! There doesn't seem to be many here...
But anyways, welcome to the forums, LadyTanha! My name is Aiedaile and I'm a current beginner. Trust me, you'll love the classes. The teachers are amazing and very open to questions. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
Sau Apprentice

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »
Which area of Florida are you in, if I may ask?  I'm a bit south of Tampa myself.  :)  

Also, additional thanks for the new posts since my last thanks!  It feels good to be so welcomed by so many. :)
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 05:04:32 pm »
Il-wy em hotep! Always glad to see a new face!

As for getting accepted into the beginners' class... If you are of age, and sincere, I don't think the Nisut (AUS!) would refuse you! Like Aie, I'm a current beginner and can assure that the classes are wonderful and straight forward, with some of the best teachers (and Auntie Shemi ;]) around!

You shouldn't know if you were accepted until the tenth, with classes beginning about a week after.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »
Quote from: Astra
As for getting accepted into the beginners' class... If you are of age, and sincere, I don't think the Nisut (AUS!) would refuse you! Like Aie,

All of those things are true, but one of my more Eyore type friends got me all concerned because he got all doom and gloom on me and said that maybe too many people would sign up and I wouldn't end up with a spot.  :P  He didn't mean to freak me out, but that was the result!

I'm a current beginner and can assure that the classes are wonderful and straight forward, with some of the best teachers (and Auntie Shemi ;]) around!

Are you still taking classes, or have you finished?  And who is Aunt Shemi?  :P  From what I've seen on the boards so far, all of the clergy seem to be very well informed and willing to answer questions.  I love it.  

You shouldn't know if you were accepted until the tenth, with classes beginning about a week after.

Hm, the site says the class begins on the 10th, and that we'll know about 7-15 days before that date.  Am I mistaken or misunderstanding the information?

|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
/me waves hello

Auntie Shemi here. :D

I am the beginner's liaison, feel free to IM, PM or e-mail me any time.  :)

You are correct that you should hear a week to two weeks before the next class starts, which will be at some point after Retreat; likely late August/early September.  So please, no panicking folks, you haven't missed anything. :)
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 05:33:43 pm »
Em hotep!

Classes are on break right now, as our teachers are at the Wep Ronpet (Kemetic New Year) retreat, but our last class is on the fourteenth. Sad day in some respects, but it's exciting to graduate and become a Remetj, a member of the faith.

"Auntie Shemi" or Senushemi, is a Beginner's Liaison and the last person to post on page two of this thread. Her job is to help us new folk settle in comfortably, help the teaching priests moderate classes, and answer any questions we have. In our class last Tuesday, I remarked that I felt like the beginner's
liaisons (we have two: Shemi and Tanebet) are our "watchful aunts" with the Kai-Imakhiu (our teaching priests: Sedjemes and Senut) being our "den-mothers." It all went downhill in silliness from there.

I was glad to see how helpful they were as well, being used to folk who don't know Genesis from Revelations at my mother's small town church. They're so wonderful and many of them are very gifted with speaking/writing, you'll come to see.  

As for when classes actually begin, I'm just guesstimating based on our own beginners' class. There were some folk who were quite worried come May 19th, when we hadn't heard anything,only for the lot of us to receive the response on what we thought was the start date, May 20th. I'd suggest contacting KI Sedjemes closer to September about that.

Oh - I don't think that this has been posted for the guests to read, so I'll let you know - kemet and netjer dot org will both be down for maintenance in early August, so don't panic if we all vanish!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Paymaayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 09:25:40 pm »
Welcome! :)
Payma'a
Payma'ayinepu
"This one, Yinepu guides"
Sa Yinepu, Mery Ra
Per Yinepu: Tepy-dju-Ef

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 03:15:49 am »
Oh - I don't think that this has been posted for the guests to read, so I'll let you know - kemet and netjer dot org will both be down for maintenance in early August, so don't panic if we all vanish!

I'm so glad you mentioned this, because I most definitely would have spazzed out.  :P

|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Jacob

• Remetj
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 02:28:11 pm »
Your story sounds a lot like mine except i believed even before i knew there was kemetic .

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298666
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955