collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Yinepu-Wepwawet  (Read 8649 times)

Offline Paymaayinepu

• Shemsu
Yinepu-Wepwawet
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:54:23 am »
Em Hotep, Brothers & Sisters!

Just starting a thread to talk about my favorite Name! (Of course, I'm completely unbiased.)

What has your experiences with Yinepu-Wepwawet taught you?

What has Yinepu-Wepwawet, Himself, taught you?

Keeping my initial post succinct:

My experiences with Yinepu-Wepwawet have taught me that some of the most divine and holy experiences can be the most mundane, that is, I do not need a burning bush to experience God.

Yinepu-Wepwawet, Himself, has taught me compassion and patience. He has also helped me find my equilibrium whereas, previously, I swung from one extreme to another quite easily.
Payma'a
Payma'ayinepu
"This one, Yinepu guides"
Sa Yinepu, Mery Ra
Per Yinepu: Tepy-dju-Ef

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Yinepu-Wepwawet
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:17:04 am »
I've been close to Yinepu for many years, long before I came to the House. At first I liked his association with dogs and jackals, but as I got to know him more, I liked him for what he stood for to me. When I knew him as Anubis, he would come to me with a personality that I attribute more to Wepwawet now--he was strong, a bit scary, a little stern, but very understanding and helpful. Now that I know that they are both the same and quite different in their own right, I find Yinepu to be playful, innocent, and child-like. He is still strong and brave (who else would be able to guide the dead through the craziness that is the path to the Duat?), but I get a better feeling of who he is now. I believe Yinepu guided me to KO for a reason, and he has stuck with me ever since. Even if I don't turn out to be a child of Yinepu-Wepwawet or even Wepwawet-Yinepu, they are dear friends to me.

I have more of a friendship with these Names, as opposed to a teaching relationship. Wepwawet has taught me to be strong and patient, and Yinepu doesn't show up as much as Wepwawet now. I feel that Yinepu continues to guide me when I need to make a big decision. He's definitely comforting and familiar to me.
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline Paymaayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:25:41 am »
Hotep, Faofeng!

Interesting!

Many of my brothers and sisters, especially those closer to Wepwawet, seem to experience Yinepu as you have described: playful, innocent, and child-like.

I think this depends on what side of Yinepu-Wepwawet/Wepwawet-Yinepu coin you tend to gravitate to and then even if you're on the Yinepu-Wepwawet side, what part of Him you relate to.

For me, I am closer to Yinepu Tepy-dju-ef, He Who Is upon His Mountain, a side of Yinepu that is closely associated with death, so He has never come to me as playful or child-like.

To the mysteries Mysteries of the Names! :)
Payma'a
Payma'ayinepu
Sa Yinepu, Mery Ra

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »
Yeah I was going to ask if it's ok to mention Wepwawet experiences in here as that's all I have any experience with. I feel NO Yinepu quite honestly, I feel like I get all Wep.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Pekh

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 10:43:23 pm »
I experience Yinepu as a child. When i wanna bounce around and play, He is there!. When im hugging plushies.. He is there!!! :D
>_> or maybe stealing my chocolates.
The thing is that i'd like to know Him better, not just for the fun times!. Only once i saw Yinepu *not smiling*, but He was with Wepwawet and they were doing an Strike over my shrine because they didnt want Taweret in it. Taweret keeps falling anyway...but im not getting rid of Her.
*sigh* i guess i'll have to wait to be able to know him better :)
[color:deeppink] PekhretWepwawet ^,_,^[/color]

----
[color:indigo] Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu [/color]
[color:limegreen] Meryt Heru-wer, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, Set [/color]

[color:crimson]*Love*[/color]

[color:Dodgerblue] Member of the Chaos Man Clan

*Massive hugs*

Yay for the Jackals!![/color]

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:05:19 pm »
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset
Yeah I was going to ask if it's ok to mention Wepwawet experiences in here as that's all I have any experience with. I feel NO Yinepu quite honestly, I feel like I get all Wep.

I get Wepwawet all the time too. No Yinepu (that I know of).  Maybe it would be a good idea to start another thread for Wepwawet.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 08:22:17 pm »
To know One is to know the Other. ;)

That said, I get a rather unique Yinepu, Who is neither playful nor bouncy. He's very serious. Pure military, with the boots to kick you with. Oh and He uses them. Although He does like chocolate, he prefers more bitter offerings. Coffee, rum, coca-cola and cigarettes (especially clove).

He likes secrets, doors, keys, dark humor and self motivation.

Of course, these are just my experiences.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Yinepuwaret »

Offline Paymaayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:29:43 pm »
Quote from: Yinepuwaret

That said, I get a rather unique Yinepu, Who is neither playful nor bouncy. He's very serious. Pure military, with the boots to kick you with. Oh and He uses them. Although He does like chocolate, he prefers more bitter offerings. Coffee, rum, coca-cola and cigarettes (especially clove).

:) Much of what you write is also how I experience Him.

It is a wonder of the Names to hear others speak of Yinepu as "bouncy" or "child-like" and it seems as if they are speaking of some other God.
Payma'a
Payma'ayinepu
Sa Yinepu, Mery Ra

Offline ZabetRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »
Quote from: Paymaayinepu
Quote from: Yinepuwaret

:) Much of what you write is also how I experience Him.

It is a wonder of the Names to hear others speak of Yinepu as "bouncy" or "child-like" and it seems as if they are speaking of some other God.

I have also never gotten a playful or bouncy Yinepu. In fact my most recent encounter with him was rather unexpected and frightening, lol.
Senebty,
ZabetRa | "Ra's Dignity"

Sat Ra her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast-Mut, Djehuty, her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Ankh, Udja, Seneb

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:33 pm »
My initial experiences with Yinepu were all very bouncy-puppy playful.  I don't really get Him that way anymore though*.  Right now (and for some time), He's been very quiet and ever-observant.  

*With one exception.  I have a Yinepu plushie that always comes with me when I travel.  Those of you who attended Retreat in 2010 will likely remember Agatha running around with Him.  On once such trip, He was in my carry-on and had to go through the security scanner.  When I retrieved my bag on the other side, I distinctly heard inside my head, "They just looked at my insides!"  It was said in this wonderous way . . . way that also seemed to suggest that it was a fun experience.  Now I doubt that this was actually Yinepu.  If it wasn't my own imagination, it was much more likely the Yinepu-affiliated netjeri who lives in my plushie, but it was still really cool.  :)
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »
Em hotep, everyone.

I have never experienced Yinepu as "bouncy" or "playful". He is immensely comforting, in a background sort of way, very subtle. Of course, Wepwawet is, for me, way more "demanding" in that He wants me to "do" things, "Not hide behind Him", as He said. (I didn't even know about Him until I found the House, and, even then, it was only about three weeks before my RPD that I realised, "which" Jackal I belong to :). (All my own experiences, obviously, and may not hold true for anyone else!).

Taji - I love the Yinepu-related netjeri in your plushie :).

Senebty.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »
Em Hotep!

In my experience, He is more serious as Wepwawet, who often seems to be speaking from some sort of field military command post.  While I wouldn't describe Yinepu as childlike, He does  have a fun, classic-cartoon hipster air.  He is also the strong and gentle Guide who can lead new, possibly skittish Akhu safely to the Duat (the classic Twilight Zone episode with Robert Redford as "Mr. Death" and Hans Christian Anderson's "The Sandman" depict this aspect brilliantly, however in very non-Kemetic context).

I love my Father.  He tells me "We [the Netjeru] are all one here", and "Never call a god to do a human's work", and "I love you too, kid."  He likes black coffee, rum, chocolate, and dice from me, but He likes good deeds best.
Washtiemyinepu

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet meryt Sekhmet-HetHert her Aset-Serqet

I've learned love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body.

>^.y.^<

Dua Netjer!

Online NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:45 am »
Though I am currently still a beginner here, I've been a worshipper of Yinepu for about 2 years. At first, he was very stern with me as though he wasn't sure exactly how to deal with me as I am also a devote of Lord Hades (the two don't always get along, but They seem to be doing better).
More recently, Yinepu has begun to show His more playful side. He's requested a yo-yo, but I'm waiting for the right one before I get it. He's also taken to "play fights" when I do my meditations and those are always fun.
Even through all of these changes, He's always been a comforter when I need it. When my grandmother passed away in May, He came to me in a dream and just held me.
I'm hoping that He comes up in my lineup, but even if He doesn't, He'll still play a big roll in my life.
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
"Self-Care Bast Advocate"
Class 33 graduate
Sau Apprentice

Offline Pekh

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 11:59:08 am »
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyy! Play fights <3

(thats all what i have to add :D )
[color:deeppink] PekhretWepwawet ^,_,^[/color]

----
[color:indigo] Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu [/color]
[color:limegreen] Meryt Heru-wer, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, Set [/color]

[color:crimson]*Love*[/color]

[color:Dodgerblue] Member of the Chaos Man Clan

*Massive hugs*

Yay for the Jackals!![/color]

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 01:09:50 am »
Well... I'll tell you a strange thing: Wepwawet-Yinepu is my Father but I don't know Him very well lol I even don't know what is exactly the difference between Wepwawet and Yinepu :(

but let's go, I will tell you my experiences and perceptions about They both.
Before my RPD I hadn't any experiences with the Jackals, only with Wepwawet asking Him to open the ways and help me with new opportunities and ways, but one day a seer witch saw Yinepu with me. My boyfriend, that is pagan/witch, also thought that Yinepu was my Father and one day I would discover my relation with Him, and well, in my last sleeping before my RPD, Wepwawet showed up in my dreams as a really beautiful grey to white full wolf growling [or snarling, I don't know the right word] to me, and then in my RPD Wepwawet-Yinepu showed up as my Father, I just don't understand why Wepwawet-Yinepu showed up and not Yinepu-Wepwawet, if the witch had seen Yinepu with me, and my boyfriend had noticed Yinepu with me.

I realize Wepwawet serious, quiet, mysterious, introspective, protective, patient, brave and always ready to take the front lines, to open and to close doors, ways, opportunities and to fight! He looks like a serious father sitting down, reading a journal, drinking a coffee and smoking a cigarette. I like to offer strong coffee to Him and He always open the doors, ways and opportunities for me, He always listen and attend my prayers and desires :D but He said in my heart: "I can give you all that you ask and wish, but you must be strong enough to deal with the consequences of what you asked"

Yinepu is the side that I have no contact, yet :( but I realize Him as bouncy and playful like Payma'a in his photo lol but I also realize Him "obscure" or more mysterious than Wepwawet, maybe because He's a funerary Name.

In general ways, I realize Wepwawet as the "jackal side" connected to the seen world issues or the world of the live people, and Yinepu as the "jackal side" connected to the unseen world issues or the world of the dead people. But I have to know Them better!
Curiosity: Are sons of Yinepu frequently mediums or at least have a deep relationship with the dead people [Akhu or not]?

Senebty
:D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:22:44 am by Kadu »
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304030
  • stats Total Topics: 21099
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal