collapse collapse

* Donation Status

100%+   Current donation status as of January 15, 2021 = $2,500 of $2,500 (100%)   Donate!

Plus Projected Rollover of $1,462.56!!!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Divined Remetj returning with a question  (Read 6177 times)

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
Divined Remetj returning with a question
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:27 am »
Em Hotep friends,

I am not sure if I am still considered a member of the House or not. I think my status is Divined Remetj but I am unclear on that.

I have recently undergone some huge life changes and my life is barely recognizable from what it was before. I feel like I am trying to sort out who I am right now. I have some concerns about my relationship with my Mothers.

I was wondering if there is anyone I can talk to privately or ask some questions to.

Thank you.

Senebty,
Ashem
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: Divined Remetj returning with a question
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
You've got an ear here. *hugs* Drop me a line if you wish.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:13:35 pm »
I'm more than willing to talk, if you want to PM me Aashem :)
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »
Same here. :) Glad to see you!
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »
I'd be happy to help any way I can.  

*hugs*
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut her Bast-Mut

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
Count me in for talking too!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
Always here for you sister!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 04:55:02 am »
Though I'd rather chat privately with those who are interested in the details (it's quite personal and I know these forums are viewable by the public), short form version is I am trying to figure out what my relationship with my Mothers will be now that I no longer have any cats in my life.

Owing to some personal changes I had to leave my companion cats behind, halfway across my particular country. They are now living with my exhusband (in the home that is familiar to them). In my current situation, it's not practical or feasible for me to have any more cats or other animal companions.

Caring for cats is something that's always been very important to me. I really felt that I was serving my Mothers, Bast and Sekhmet, by caring for cats and being involved in cat rescue and stuff like that. I've been consciously honoring Bast since I was five or six years old, though I did not know She was my Mother until my RPD. Leaving my cats was a hard decision to make; due to other circumstances in my life, however, it was something I had to do.

I've resolved to still do what I can for the cats I encounter in the future. A few weeks ago I found a kitten in a local parking lot. The kitten was malnourished and had a broken leg. I was able to take her to the local shelter and she was referred to a vet for medical care. I felt good about that. I also have a friend who has a kitty that I've gotten to visit a couple of times. But this is only the second time in my life, insofar as I can remember, that I've gone without significant feline contact for a period of several months. And in this case, I foresee the situation continuing thus into the indefinite future.

I am not grumbling, as I am happy in my new situation and it came about of my own choosing. But I am really not sure how to relate to my Mothers without being around cats. It feels odd. I am not sure if I am meant to start working more intensely with other Names at this time, if I am even still their child or what.

If anyone would like to lambast me for having left my cats, go for it. I've already lost a number of friends and others in my life who don't approve of my decisions. And even that cannot compare to the knowledge that, though I had my reasons (and I would still make the same decision again) I walked away from the cats I promised to care for. When my heart is weighed, if Ammit takes me, I will know why.

Other than this relatively brief explanation, I am reluctant to talk about the more personal aspects of this situation, or give other identifying particulars. Since this is a public forum, after all, But perhaps in this thread we could address how various people relate to Bast and Sekhmet, and how the actual felines in one's life relate to Them. And what does it mean when we fail those who represent, to us, our idea of Netjer?

I am wondering if this turn of circumstances means that I should work more with my Beloveds, Sokar-Wesir and Shu? Or should I turn to the other pantheons I work with?

I have been praying to Bast and Sekhmet to see that the cats I left are kept well and safe. Otherwise I barely dare approach Them.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:09 am »
You could look into volunteering at a local shelter or pet charity. At one I used to help, I started a group of volunteers who worked with the more 'difficult' cats so they'd be more likely to be adopted.

If you can only find one that fosters cats in peoples homes, see if you can help at adoption events.
Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:44:14 am »
I know it's hard to leave kitties behind. I had to leave my Tabbatha behind when I moved into an apartment. My situation was different than yours in that I eventually returned to my parents' home and thus returned to her, but I know what its like to leave them none the less.
I very much doubt that your Mothers will be angry with you because you could not take them. If your new life was not going to be able to support them or comfort them in a way that you thought was best, then it was indeed the best thing to leave them where they were. Do not torture yourself over this.
You and your kitties will be in my prayers.
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
"Self-Care Bast Advocate"
Sau Apprentice

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 07:32:47 am »
Em hotep A'ashem,

Glad to see you back.

You can always drop me a line if you wish to. I understand critical periods and important changes, coming through such a period of transition right now myself. I hope I could relate, should you want it.
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 10:02:38 am »
A'ashem, I second volunteering at an animal shelter. They always need it. Maybe this can be a time to look into your Mothers' attributes not specifically related to felines?
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:52 am »
You are always the child of your Mothers, and I doubt that They would resent you making the choice to leave your cats in a familiar environment. This does seem like a good time to get to know your beloveds better, but please remember that Bast and Sekhmet are both ladies of joy underneath that fierceness. :]
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:24 am »
It seems to me that perhaps this is a good time to explore other aspects of your relationship with them. Considering that the cats are no longer there, you'll need to rely on other methods to work with them. I understand your fear of them being upset, but ultimately you'll have to approach them eventually. Plus, I think they understand your situation and understand why you made the decisions you made. Unless they blatantly told you "don't do that", I doubt they are that upset with you.

As always, I am available for talking if you need someone to talk to. I can be reached via PM here or PM on FB. Either works for me.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 12:06:20 am »
Wow - I am very touched and uplifted by the beautiful responses here. My thanks to all of you who took the time to comment on this thread. I really appreciate it!!

I feel so much better just reading the kind words here. I've also had some very wonderful sisters correspond with me via Facebook, and I am so thankful for the wisdom they've brought to me.

I will be sending some private messages to the kind folks who have responded here, over the next few days. I am so appreciative for the friends and family I still have here in the House. I had been feeling kind of spiritually adrift. I'm starting to realize it doesn't have to be that way.

Though I know it's not particularly spiritual in focus, I have been watching some documentary shows on ancient Kemet, on the History channel, over the last couple of days. It's been putting me in the mindset of reconnecting with Netjer.

It's been two and a half months since I left my cats. Something Hedeb wrote to me reminded me of the feeling I had when I left: I was turning them over to the care of Mother Bast. It was a leap of faith that I made, enabling me to make the choice I had to make. Since then, I guess I've let my feelings of guilt overcome me. I realize I need to see past those feelings of guilt and low self esteem.

Though I am no longer getting along with my exhusband (we can't even speak to one another) I will continue to pray that She finds a way to work through him and keep the cats safe in their home.

I feel more confident about reaching out to Netjer now. Thank you all so much for your kindness. I am thankful to still be a part of this spiritual family. Thank you and full henu to Hemet for making this possible, and also my thanks to the clergy of the House and those who facilitate this forum.

Senebty,
A'ashem

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300102
  • stats Total Topics: 20626
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything