Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Beyond Unacceptable  (Read 6748 times)

Beyond Unacceptable
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:09 pm »
On the part of both men and gods.

http://yourearthhour.tumblr.com/post/11894368975/vietnamese-javan-rhino-now-extinct-on-25-october

Vietnamese Javan rhino is now officially extinct as of October 25, 2011.

Luckily, there are still some Javan rhinos left in Indonesia.

:(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Seta »
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Offline Linda

• Remetj
Re: Beyond Unacceptable
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:06:51 am »
This is extremely sad. What are we doing to this wonderful world? I just hope they can successfuly breed in Indonesia, and that hunting can be stopped. :cry: :(
You don't know what you can do until you try.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:13:28 pm »
How terrible? We are destroying this beautiful planet and it's creatures. . .It is a crying shame.
Daughter of Ra and Serqet-Aset, beloved of Set and Ptah-Sokar.

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:48:13 am »
My heart just broke a little. I am a proud member of the World Wildlife Fund and this disgusts me. Thanks for sharing though, I had not heard the horrific news until you posted.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Nubwy

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:31:10 am »
Sad news, indeed. :(
Nubwysenu, The Two Golden Ones

Son of Ra-Heruakhety and Sekhmet-Hethert.
Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline HehiAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 08:57:40 am »
Yes it is sad, as is the loss of many more species and the (essential for survival of all) rainforest.

We too donate to WWF and several other animal etc charities. it is the least we can do to make up for the endless damage done by Mankind !

Thank you for sharing!
Hehi

Sa Aset-Serqet,her Hekatawy1(AUS!)
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Aset makes you bright,and makes  fair ways of vindication against your foes,and those who would have judgment against you in the realm of the dead"

Coffin Texts

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 01:59:01 pm »
I had not heard of this. I knew the Javan Rhino was critically endangered, but I had not heard that it is now extinct in the wild. Really sad news. It makes we worry for the future of the the remaining individuals. With a lot of luck dedicated scientists have brought some species back from the brink but I worry the quality of life for their offspring.

I do hope that in the future I can start giving more to wildlife organizations.  

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »
Em hotep

It is heartbreaking that so many beautiful, (and perhaps some not terribly pretty, but still awesome), creatures are struggling. It's even more heartbreaking that some of them are almost extinct because we hunt them unnecessarily.I would love my grandchildren to experience some of them. I do worry a bit with charities that the money you think is going to a "cause" is sometimes not going where it is most needed.

Senebty,
Ni.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline izabellsa

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
This is so sad that Mankind has again killed another tyoe of animals, I am sure that my ancestors are very upset indeed I know that maybe this will bring it to the light of the media.
May the Neteru smile upon you!

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »
Mankind has the unfortunate means to destroy the world and everything in it. We kill each other, we kill our brothers and sisters in the animal world. We abuse each other, we abuse ourselves, we abuse the environment around us.

Humanity has a tendency to forget that we are still part of our environment. If you asked people on the street whether they knew where their food came from, where the things they have came from, what chemicals they bathe in, and the like, they will not have an answer. If they are asked to donate to the environmental causes, they won't. If asked to help another person, they will avoid it.

I personally don't own a car, I don't buy gas, I carpool with my family if I go on a road trip, and I get around daily by hoofing it, riding my bike, or riding the local bus. If someone needs ten dollars and I have it in my pocket, I'll hand it to them. If someone needs a bus ride and doesn't have the money for it, I'll pay for their ride. I work in the retail business, and while I don't love many of the products we sell, I try to sell things for their friendliness to the environment overall, and if someone looks like they need it, I'll mark things down for them as much as I can.

The part that really makes me smile is it's not just me. It's not just the people I see every day. It's the people who have been there before, who know what it is like to struggle just to get what they need. It's the people who work their tails off just to be able to help someone else. There is kindness in the world, it's just so watered down by the cruelty of indifference.

It's a weird reference, but I watched an episode of Supernatural once, where a demon said something like, "You all are able to talk to each other, you all have so much better communication, but you have never been farther apart." It's very true. A lot of people seem to have lost all sense of community, all sense of right or wrong. As if the world has gone insane.

It's just an opinion of mine, but I see that starting to change with the new religious groups popping up, and with a greater emphasis on spirituality of all kinds, whether it be Christian, Muslim, or Pagan. It seems as if there is a reaction to the lack of community by searching for deeper spiritual meaning, which seems to bring us back together as a community.

(Sorry I ranted though.  :eek: )
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »
That's a wonderful post, Khukua!  I completely agree with you!  Although money is tight for me I will help causes (I am doing a sponsered batton ralley with another colleague for a Cerebral Palsy charity tomorrow) and for my fellow man.  I am a firm believer that we are not above nature, we work with nature.  We could make this world a much better place to live in, but people chose not to.  We could use clean, renewable energy, but we don't, we have the knowledge and resources to stop animals, like this rhino, going extinct, but again, we don't use it.  Even seeing people bully and discriminate others because of their race, culture, gender, disability and sexuality still grinds at me and it irritates me when I see it happen infront of me.

Oops, sorry for ranting, I'm just glad to see people who share the same views as me.
Sat Djehuty
Meryt Bast her Aset-Seqert

Read, subscribe and follow me on my WordPress page

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:23 am »
Me too Jade. :D
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955