collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hello ^^  (Read 11663 times)

Offline Asykon

• Divined Remetj
Hello ^^
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:08:16 am »
Um....Hello there :) I kinda found this place by a string of Google clicks , a few chances, and a feeling. Um....My story is kinda long and I don't know if this is the place to put it so I'll just kinda...say hi. I 'Think' one of my deities is Bast, She's been calling to me strongly for a while and while looking for a decent Ankh necklace or Bast jewelery I actually found a link to this place. So um....yeah hi ^^; sorry if I ramble or anything but feel free to contact me or whatever. I think I've actually found a path to follow religiously, Ive been wandering after realizing Christianity wasn't the only religion 4-5 years ago and decided I would be Wiccan...kinda. I didn't really feel general Wicca fit me and while this or that looked nice my statue of bast that found me kind of made me think that my religion should be around her. I'd love to talk to clergy or someone who can talk to me about the religion, Bast, or can help me find my "parent deities" I cant remember what they're called but I read over everything on Kemet.org and I've been waiting in eager anticipation to get on the boards. But this post is super long now so um....want to know more or wanna talk just contact me!
Child of Bast, beloved of Set, Sekhmet-Hethert, Mut, and Wepwawet-Yinepu

Thank you to every one of my gods :3 I hope I do you proud
Spoiler: show

OwO I'm a Son of Bast :3 I Feel special, thanks mommy I love you <3~

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
Re: Hello ^^
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:48:30 am »
Welcome to the House of Netjer.  I hope you enjoy your stay here.  We do a beginner's class (free), that may help you understand what we're all about, but I'll let someone more knowledgeable about that topic tell you what you need to do, it's been a while since I did it.

I can't help you much with Bast, as my Parent God is Yinepu (Anubis), and I haven't had a lot to do with her (other than when I was pregnant with my son), but I am sure one of her children will come and talk to you about her.

Senebty
Iait
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:36:13 am »
Em hotep and welcome to the boards. Read over what you find and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:53:56 am »
Your intro didn't seem too long. Welcome Asykon!

If you look around the forum, many of the members list their parents and beloveds in their signatures. Many of them also have links to their blogs, so you can see what the Bast 'kids' have to say. :) Beyond that, here are a couple Bast links that come to mind:

Per-Bast  

Henadology- Bast  

“Bast the daughter of Atum, the first-born daughter of the Lord of All, she is your protection until day dawns." -Coffin Text #60
Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline Wenidjehuty

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:06 am »
Welcome, Asykon!

You can learn a lot here very quickly! Enjoy the boards!

Alexander
Wenidjehuty - 'Swiftness of Djehuty'

Sa Djehuty mery Wepwawet-Yinepu

"I put the temple of Djehuty in its former condition,
I caused every rite to be as before..."
                                                                Petosiris' Tomb Inscription

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:54 am »
Em Hotep and welcome to the boards Asykon
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Asykon

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
Quote from: Helmsman_of_Yinepu
Many of them also have links to their blogs, so you can see what the Bast 'kids' have to say. :)

Funny you should say that! In some of the times she's "talked" to me she's kinda said she's my mother, I don't know if that's weird or anything, and I'd like to get some one on one talking with someone before I join your class if possible :).From what I've read so far this sounds like what I want in life :) and I think I'd even go for Shemsu. But I'd like to talk things over with someone either over the phone, email, or IMs, and then take the class and see if I'm a fit for such a wonderful religion :)

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:27 am »
Welcome to the forum Asykon! I'm currently doing the beginner's course, and it's wonderful.  :) You will always get answers and help here on the forum, just ask away. It's a lovely community, and I found quickly that no question is ever deemed silly. Netjer has a way of bringing us to Kemet, and brining us home. :)

Senebty,
Linda.
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Offline Asykon

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 12:03:12 pm »
Umm.....ok I'll try and fill out the application, don't know how I'll be able to wait the weeks for approval

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »
Em Hotep and Welcome Asykon! :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Asykon

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:46:22 pm »
Application is in and fingers crossed :) Hope I can learn stuff before the application review though :)

Offline Wenidjehuty

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 01:13:32 pm »
Em hotep, Asykon and welcome aboard! :)

I'm also on the Beginners course and can heartily recommend it! This is a very friendly community and, as Linda said, no question is too 'trivial'.

Enjoy!
Wenidjehuty - 'Swiftness of Djehuty'

Sa Djehuty mery Wepwawet-Yinepu

"I put the temple of Djehuty in its former condition,
I caused every rite to be as before..."
                                                                Petosiris' Tomb Inscription

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »
Em hotep Asykon and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

Offline Digr

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »
Welcome! You and I are in much the same boat. We are both new here to Kemetic Orthodoxy and the forums. Likely, we'll be in the same beginners class. I haven't finished my application yet, but I hope to soon.

Do you know when the next beginner's class is likely to start?
--Steve
Senebty,
[color:#00FF00] [font:Comic Sans MS]Digr
[/font] [/color]

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »
Il-wy em hotep, Asykon!

I once tried to follow Bast and Christ. Then I tried to create a Bast-centric Wiccan tradition. Then I came here! Though Bast is no longer my primary goddess, She is still very dear to me. She tends to bring a lot of folks to KO, so I'm glad to hear She has brought you!

The House of Netjer and Kemetic Interfaith Network forums are wonderful resources. like Helms, I suggest you check out blogs and devotional sites run by our fellow Kemetics. if you ever want to discuss something, please post in a thread, or PM someone, or create a new thread! We're all glad to talk to you about our gods. I personally could talk about this faith, this community, and these gods ALL DAY!

Quote from: Asykon
I'll try and fill out the application, don't know how I'll be able to wait the weeks for approval.

Oh man, the waiting is crazy. I had to wait two years, as I found the house when I was still in high school, and my mother would not be willing to sign a waiver for me. There is a LOT of waiting involved in KO, at least there has been for me. I think it's the way Netjer is teaching me to become patient!

Quote from: Digr
Do you know when the next beginner's class is likely to start?

Hotep, Steve! It looks like the main KO site hasn't been updated (shocker! [/sarcasm]) due to the renovation in progress. Since the current class started late, my guess is the next will start in February. However, that more time for you both to browse the forums and get to know folks!

Wonderful to meet you!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3087
  • stats Total Posts: 293077
  • stats Total Topics: 19946
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955