collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: 'Tis the Season  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Senytmenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
'Tis the Season
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:35:14 pm »
Em hotep, everyone!

Reposted from another forum...

With the colder weather, there is more of a need for warm clothing, blankets and food for the less fortunate in our society.  According to statistics I saw on "60 Minutes" the other night, a quarter of our children (in the US) are homeless and/or are living in extreme poverty.  

It might be a good idea to call in advance of donating to find out what your shelters and food banks may need at this time.  For example, spaghetti was the main item my food bank recently said was flying off their shelves.  Might as well give them what they need!  So I dropped off 8 lbs of dry spaghetti and some canned pasta sauce the day before Thanksgiving.  I plan to also go through my older blankets for donations as well, and will purchase more food for donation before Christmas Day.

Senebty & happy holidays!
Senut
Senytmenu (The Two Endure)
Sat Sekhmet & Wepwawet
Meryt Bast, Set & Aset
Heri-seshta Sekhmet

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
Re: 'Tis the Season
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:59 pm »
Thanks for sharing this information. Good things to think about during the cold months.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: 'Tis the Season
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 03:18:21 am »
It's been bitterly cold here in Vegas, far colder than normal for this time of year (I'm talking down in the 20s for a few hours straight).  I worry about the homeless, we have so many here.  I'll be donating a lot of jackets and such that we don't fit into any more (the boys have outgrown almost everything in the house, heh).  It's just a matter of remembering to put them in my car and drop them off. (someone light a fire under me, would you? these poor people need warm clothes).
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955