collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Gods outside of your RPD  (Read 17601 times)

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
Gods outside of your RPD
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:27:44 am »
One of the big misconceptions about Kemetic Orthodoxy is that you can't have significant relationships with gods who aren't in your personal set of parents and beloveds (my phone wanted to autocorrect "beloveds" to "hellcats" o.O).

Which gods from outside of your RPD do you share a special relationship with? How has this impacted your life?
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
Re: Gods outside of your RPD
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:45:13 am »
Hethert and Yinepu, actually. I still need to create separate shrine space for Hethert mind you, but Yinepu has his own floating shelf next to my shrine. The Yinepu is more for my boyfriend, as he believes that Yinepu has taken an interest in him.
Hethert has been instrumental in helping my boyfriend and I not only develop and keep our relationship strong and healthy, but also helps me in the creation of a home for us both. In the secular new year, I will look into getting a shrine made for Her too.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:47 am »
Sekhmet.

I've worked with Her and Her alone for years; She taught me strength when I was a doormat. She helped burn away the dross of my worldview and get it down to what felt right to me, well before I ever found the House. Unbeknownst to me at the time, that transformation brought my personal worldview right into parallel with the Kemetic Orthodox one. She's changed my life in more than a few ways, then nudged me here, and... didn't show up in my RPD line-up, much to my surprise. (Hethert-Nut is a syncretism that has no Sekhmet in it.)

I'm still sussing out how to relate to Her in light of my RPD and how to interweave my devotion to Her in with my relationships with my Mothers and Beloveds. It's all a little rickety in my head at the moment, but I'm confident (read: stubborn and dogged) that I can find a balance that keeps everyone happy and involved as much as They want to be.
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Mezaenaset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:11:58 am »
Ra and Khnum.  In a year that I needed strength and creativity, They came through and helped me.  Khnum has been most kind to me.   :)

Dua Ra!
Dua Khnum!
Sa Aset-Serqet her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Mery Bast-Mut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, NebetHet-Nit-Seshat her Djehuty

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:53:02 am »
In the last two years I got closer to Wesir.
I love the serenity of His shrine
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 12:06:39 pm »
Quote from: Emky
I'm still sussing out how to relate to Her in light of my RPD and how to interweave my devotion to Her in with my relationships with my Mothers and Beloveds. It's all a little rickety in my head at the moment, but I'm confident (read: stubborn and dogged) that I can find a balance that keeps everyone happy and involved as much as They want to be.

As another one with a "Sekhmetless" Hethert, this is something I struggled with. I've had a long and close relationship with Sekhmet, since well before finding the House. At one Sekhmet Healing Ceremony (which, for those who haven't heard of/seen one, involves a saq of Sekhmet) she said, "you're my daughter, too." I did not ask for clarification on this at the time, but I have come to understand the statement a couple of ways, which I think apply both independently and jointly (yay polyvalent logic!). She could have meant that she considers me a "keeper" in general, because of our history together, or she could have meant that even though she's not a part of my RPD, because she's so closely connected with Hethert, she gets to lay claim to me at least a little bit by default. While Sekhmet doesn't show up in our Hethert-variant RPDs, I think she's very likely a sort of satellite. She is (IMO) more accessible in some ways than Hethert, and so I think it likely that people who are aiming for Hethert will hit Sekhmet eventually because sometimes she's a bigger target. ;)

So obviously I've got a lot of love for Sekhmet. I also have a good time with Mr. Jackal (he cycles through Wepwawet and Yinepu with me; I'm too busy most days to spend much time worrying about which one is here today), Heru-wer, Djehuty, who I knew for years before joining the House, Bes (who I cannot say enough good things about), and Taweret. Djehuty is my extra special friend since I've gone back to school. I keep a little shrine for him on my desk and in my locker on campus. :) Mr. Jackal and Heru-wer have adjoining minishrines (tiny framed photos on a spare bit of wall), and I have kept a small shrine to Bes and Taweret since before my daughter was born. If you've got kids around, you need to be on good terms with those two!

As the years go on, I meet more and more of our gods. Some I talk with more than others, but I think this is normal; I'm not a recluse IRL or with the gods. I'm totally okay with them being "outside" of my RPD. When I can, I keep spaces for them because I like the reminder that there are invisible people who love me and can help me, not because they insist (they really don't). I don't put anyone on my senut shrine who I have any reason to doubt is with me for the long haul, and that's an assessment that takes years for me to make. I don't think they help me or love me any less than they would if I was their child or beloved. Actually, I think that makes them, especially Heru-wer, a little more patient with me because they know I am not pre-wired to understand their perspectives without some help.

Senebty!
Arieni
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 12:33:07 pm »
I work with, and adore, Set, Amun, Wepwawet and Wesir, quite a bit.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Hedeb »
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »
I've got a few.

Wadjet. When Nakht first told me of Her almost five years ago I was instantly enamored. Hers was my first AGI statue purchase, after Retreat in 2009 when I touched Her icon during the processing and got an electric shock. (The icon is not metal)

Hethert and Sekhmet. While I don't do much with/for Them, I've had very moving and powerful experiences with both Ladies and Hethert has a small shrine in my bedroom.

Aset has had a piece of my heart for too many years. I call Her mom periodically.

And about two years ago Dad introduced me to Amun-Ra in a dream. That is a relationship I need to explore because it feels potentially big.

I suppose I can also count Heru-Wer in here, even though He became a beloved this year. It was a choice on my part, but for a few years before, He regularly was peeking in on me. There were some times when He was the only god who I could hear with any clarity.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:58:55 pm »
I've got a few, as well. :)

First, Khonsu... He's in my RPD now (by choice; wasn't in my original lineup), but I've always had a relationship with Him; He's sort of the Big Brother I never had, and I know that He's been keeping an eye of me for quite some time.

Heru-Wer & Set: I adore these Two, mostly because They are just plain awesome, but also because They've helped me through tough times, and have helped me learn how to become stronger.  Besides, who doesn't love birds of prey and thunderstorms?!?!?! :grin: :grin:

Ma'ahes: when I became a w'ab, that year and the following year, on Wep Ronpet morning, I was instructed to carry Ma'ahes' statue.  I didn't know why until I asked Hemet(AUS) about it a few months later, when She said that Ma'ahes had specifically chosen me because I needed to learn about Him, so He could then help me learn how to protect myself and others.  I haven't done very much with this, to date, but I sure do remember (and now have an active reminder, via the Ma'ahes shen that I was gifted for Christmas).  :)

I've a fondness for the Jackal and Sobek, as well.
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 05:59:29 pm »
I have a couple gods outside my RPD that I consider being very close to: Ptah, Sekhmet, and Aset.

Ptah started showing up around a year or two ago. He is very strong and teaches me moral lessons that I need to learn. I see Him as the builder and creator and is very important to me as a Freemason. We do call god the Great Architect of the Universe, and this fits Him well. He has a special shrine this year (it is His year after all).  

I did not have any relationship with Sekhmet till about 2008. This has developed even fuller when I started thinking about the priesthood. She helped me heal from some problems I was having. I often talk to Her when I need to help a particular patient. She has always been kind to me, and I have never seen Her anger in full force. She has a small shrine with Aset, both as healing goddesses in my life.

I got to know Aset as Isis back in the 90s. I like to say She saved me from myself. She made me realize things I never could on my own and gave me new life after that. Without Aset, I doubt I would be here or even alive. Once I came here I got to know Her as Aset and realized that She was the one I was calling Isis. She has always been a motherly type to me. Somehow She has three shrines around the house and the biggest statue of all the netjeru. Go figure. But in my opinion She deserves it.

Senebty,
Raheri
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:35 pm »
I've had a relationship with Isis since before I became KO, and that continues to this day. Likewise with Yinepu. Oh, and I'm starting to develop a working relationship with Djehuty, because of reasons.  :)
Nehmetemhethert
"Dance in joy for Hethert"
sat Hethert/Sekhmet
meryt Bast
Follow me on Twitter!

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 09:09:39 pm »
I'm having trouble finding the words to describe the relationships, but the deities outside my RPD who seem to come around the most frequently are Aset, Djehuty and Khonsu.  They all have pretty permanent areas of shrine space.  Right now I really really love Aset.  I mean like I feel so warm and full of love when I think of Her.  I am not sure why that is, especially given that I've actually been quite afraid of Her for years.  She is a Queen, like my Mother, and somehow that seems really important.  

Set and Heru-wer were outside my RPD originally and became beloveds during the Bawy Year.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taji »
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset
Devotee of Aphrodite

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »
I am friends with Yinepu-Wepwawet he shares a shrine box with my Father's staue. Sometimes I get Yinepu and Wepwawet simultaneously just like Hethert and Sekhmet. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taysat »
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 08:54:51 pm »
I haven't yet had my RPD, but I find it relaxing to formally pray to any and all of the Gods, regardless of my preferences. Just out of the Beginners' Class, I'm trying to keep my shrine and prayers Deity-neutral for the most part. I find myself pulled toward Yinepu more and more, especially now that I have a formal way to communicate with Him. Strangely, as a child I hated him, and as I felt pulled toward him gradually through the years I kept denying that I liked him or wanted him in my life at all. ('He's icky and ugly!' I'd say as a kid. lol)

I know not if they're in my RPD, but I have prayed directly to Yinepu and Bast on multiple occasions, and feel welcome to do so (though Bast not so much lately =/ I don't feel nearly as comfortable with her now as I did when I used to practice generic Paganism). I feel like Yinepu has become a pillar of strength, a sort of symbol of unyielding neutrality to me. I'm known among friends for my (supernatural) patience, and when I find myself losing that patience, I think of Him and feel quelled. (A sort of cooling sensation, very enjoyable and serene.)

He has impacted me such; before Him I felt like a kite in a tornado compared to now. (Though, I will say I was already virtually an avatar of patience, and have been that person that everyone went to for advice/guidance.) Praying to Him and opening myself to Him has turned me into a strong-standing monolith and taught me more on how to look at things from a third-party point-of-view, and have patience with not only other people, but with myself. I encourage my friends to come to me for guidance and they do so often, and I feel myself specifically giving thanks to him nearly every day for the strength, the patience, and the uncanny ability to offer sound advice to those around me. Of course, these gifts could be another Deity. (In that case, speak up you guys!! >:D) Regardless, I would feel comfortable praying directly to Him.

I guess I try to pray to specific Gods throughout the day, when they're on my mind or I need the strength, and give my general prayers and thanks during Senut. After my RPD is done, I will keep a neutral shrine, as I feel it gives me a sort of 'open door' policy with Them.

Can't wait to have my RPD done. Fingers crossed Yinpu is there.
But if he is not, he always has a place in my heart, and will have a dedicated shrinespace.

Hahah! Sorry if I come off as ranting!

Quick edit: I'll probably post again after my RPD is done.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:55:54 pm by Inucirrus »
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Regardless if I'm active or inactive, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail.com if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever.

Offline Asetbesai

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »
I've always had s soft spot for Yinepu and Djehuty.  I have small mini shirines for both of Them as well.
AsetBesai "Aset protects/nutures me"
Sat [color:purple]Aset-Serqet[/color] Meryt [color:blue]Bast[/color] her [color:red]Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
[color:green]A beautiful thing is never perfect ~ Egyptian Proverb[/color]

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288266
  • stats Total Topics: 19544
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217