collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Tefnut UPG thread, Go!  (Read 2046 times)

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu
Tefnut UPG thread, Go!
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »
Em hotep! I was curious as to how many people have experience working with Tefnut? Any UPG experiences to share? How does She present Herself to you?

I've always had Her come off as sort of.. opulent. Shimmering, jewelesque, very personable yet elegant and rich. I don't work specifically with Her, though I plan to in the near future. What offerings have you found work for Her? Do you work with Shu and Tefnut together, or separately?
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Regardless if I'm active or inactive, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail.com if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever.

Re: Tefnut UPG thread, Go!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:10:30 pm »
I have only experienced Her with Shu, though I have experienced Shu seperately. I mostly connect with Her through the atmosphere, if that makes any sense. Paying attention to the sky/clouds/air...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Tif

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »
My couple of experiences of her has been as a Lady of Rain, but also as an Eye of Ra. She has some overlap with Nut in my mind, which is why when Nut also dropped in to say hello one day, I got her confused with Tefnut! (Also, yay for Eyes of Ra, especially the ones with a lion form. :D)

With Shu, I see her as a lioness of the horizon.

In terms of offerings, I've had good experiences with sweet things, especially chocolate. I've been offering a marshmallow-topped chocolate cake to Shu and Tefnut jointly and that's gone over fairly well. Traditionally, you can't go wrong with bread, if you happen to be stumped as to what to offer.

As a general interest thing, here's an excerpt of a poem I wrote for Tefnut a few weeks ago:

You are a mysterious goddess, endowed
 with many names that are an honor to speak.
 The world ever desires and fears your presence.
 May you bless this land with coolness and prosperity.
 May the offerings laid upon your tables
 be as bountiful as those you lay upon ours.
 Gracious goddess, powerful goddess,
 how varied are your works! They have provided
 nourishment for the lowly since the time of Ra.
Greetings Bast, lovely Eye of Ra,
you are what shelter is to a wanderer
in the desert when night sets
and the dangerous beasts come out.

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:39 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, they help tremendously. Sweet things definitely work for Her, that's for sure. I have trouble recognizing Shu, I think, so I don't recognize when They appear together. I've always had a connection with the wind and rain (specifically as elements, not gods thereof) since I was a small child, so They have come to mean a lot to me.

And Tif, that is a beeeeeeeeautiful poem <3 <3 <3
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Wepwawet-Yinepu

Regardless if I'm active or inactive, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail.com if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever.

Offline Tif

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »
Glad to hear we could be of assistance. :)

Shu seems to have a way of just appearing. I think he popped in one day when I was going to make an offering to Tefnut. I offered to them jointly. Being that they're twins/spouses, that doesn't sound strange at all. So far, they seem to like to split things. M&Ms have gone over well the past two/three times I've offered them. Maybe give that a shot someday?

And thanks. ^^
Greetings Bast, lovely Eye of Ra,
you are what shelter is to a wanderer
in the desert when night sets
and the dangerous beasts come out.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2846
  • stats Total Posts: 281563
  • stats Total Topics: 18963
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 106
  • stats Most Online: 217