collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Another Question  (Read 2365 times)

Offline AsetSeqai

• Shemsu
Another Question
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »
Em hotep
I am sorry for being such a bug with all these questions but I have another. Does  this mean..beloved of 'Sekhmet-Hethert mean that i am beloved by both Sekhmet and Hathor also does it also mean my parent Aset-Serqet mean that Both Aset and Serqet are both my parents. I really do not understand what this means. Thank you
In Her Service
ASETSEQAI
Daughter Of Aset-Serqet
Beloved Of Sekhmet-Hethert

Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Another Question
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »
Hotep Seqai,

You are child of Aset, not also of Serqet. Aset-Serqet is dual-aspected, (and a child of Serqet-Aset is only a child of Serqet, not also of Aset). Serqet for you (and I) is the other side of Aset, and we can certainly get to know Serqet, but Aset is our Mother.

You are beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, that is Sekhmet who is dual-aspected. Hethert is the other side of Sekhmet but Hethert as the distinct deity is not your Beloved.

Senebty
Sedjemes
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:08:06 pm »
 Hotep, Seqai!

You are a daughter of Aset, Beloved of Sekhmet. In KO, Aset is always Aset/Serqet, and Sekhmet is always Sekhmet/Hethert- we just choose not to write the second part for simplicity, really.

Aset and Sekhmet are two examples of what we call "aspected" deities. In essence, Aset and Serqet are like the two sides of a coin. Where you see one side of that coin in your RPD lineup, the other side is always there, and it is still the same coin. So, someone who is divined a child of Serqet is a child of Serqet/Aset - the same divinity, only "Serqet side up."

Does that make sense to you? Aspected deities are sometimes difficult to comprehend at first. :) Just know that when you speak to Aset, you are also speaking to Serqet- just in a much lesser capacity in your situation.

Also, you may see deities such as Bast-Mut pop up that are not aspected, but are actually syncretized deities. That is a totally different concept. I usually try to separate the two by using a slash to designate aspectedness (as in Sekhmet/Hethert) and a dash to designate syncretism (as in Bast-Mut), but not everyone follows this.

Senebty!

EDIT: And KI Sedjemes beats me to the punch... ;) Haha, I'll leave this just in case you want different wording though!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:09:07 pm by Tepta »
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline AsetSeqai

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »
Em hotep
I just want to thank you all for helping me with this. Thank you Tetpa and Sedjemes
In Her Service
ASETSEQAI
Daughter Of Aset-Serqet
Beloved Of Sekhmet-Hethert

Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 04:40:06 am »
Em hotep, Seqai.

Thank you for asking that question! I have found the "aspected" thing difficult to understand, too. I think I'm beginning to get there, and the answers that Kai Imakhu Sedjemes and Tepta gave have really helped put things into words. I don't think it's as complicated as I was trying to make it :).

Senebty,
Ni.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal