Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: New Person From Arkansas  (Read 12564 times)

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
New Person From Arkansas
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:48:14 pm »
Hello - or should I say, em hotep. I’m Zeoriel.

I’m a non-op, non-hormone taking, and non-passing gay transman. I have a long list of reasons from financial to stress on the body to the dangers of medical procedures, but one of the biggest reasons is that I want to be a teacher and there is still too much social stigma that I might not be able to teach if I were to trying to pass as male, let alone transition. So I make do.

I’m currently in college getting as double major in education and history and a minor in anthropology. I’m about half way through my college years but still a lot work ahead of me. I grew up watching documentaries on the sciences and history. I read a lot of nonfiction and I write a lot for my own personal enjoyment.

I grew-up being more of a pantheistic person in a non-practicing Christian household, but history has always been alluring to me. Unsurprisingly, since I’ve taken a tern to kemeticism, Djehuty and Heru have rapidly become very significant to me (without ignoring the rest of the Netjer). I’ve actually still shocked and amazed how quickly things have fallen into place for considering how I’ve never been an active spiritual until recently. I’m currently reading a lot of books both on actual history of ancient Egypt (love the perks of being enrolled in college) and modern beliefs. I‘ve also been watching videos from various kemetic youtubers about their own beliefs.

I’m seriously considering taking the introductory classes so I‘ve be finishing filling the application and sending that of shortly though I‘m not sure when classes start next. I can’t say with certainty where my path will end up whether that be Kemetic Orthodoxy or general Kemetic paganism but for now I am here and want to learn.

One thing I am concerned about is that I am part of a multiple system and how might negatively affect my acceptance if I choose to strive for membership or training into Kemetic Orthodoxy. (Just so you know - once came out to a psychologist and she agreed its not DID because we don’t act disorderly and whatnot.) All of my fellows are also neopagan, nature-focused, or similar but I am the only Kemetic thus far. Some of us have been warned in the past that groups of their own beliefs might not teach them, because non-imitated and non-[insert that religion] will end up learning member’s only secrets and traditions. So I’m worried I might also end up meeting with a similar rut in the road.

I am being honest now about being part of a multiple system now because staying silent is paramount to lying, and I do not want to lie to people who I am seeking spiritual guidance from. I won’t ask for special treatment, and I understand if it comes down to not being able to formally be a member because of it.  

…but enough with all the seriousness! Either way, glad to have an account here!

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: New Person From Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:00:21 pm »
Em hotep, Zeoriel, and welcome to the boards!

We have actually had other multiples here in the past, and I believe some may still be here (at least in name, I haven't seen them posting recently). Rest assured you won't be barred from going forward with us simply because you are part of a multiple system, if you choose to do so. It is my understanding, however, that if you do choose to one day undergo the Rite of Parent Divination, that you will only receive one divination (rather than one for each of the members of your system). Also, were you to choose to become a Shemsu in the future, you would only receive one Shemsu name rather than multiple.

But! That is just something to munch on, and shouldn't really affect anything right now. :) We are all very open and welcoming, and love answering questions if you have any!

Senebty!
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »
Thank-you very much. Bastmuttepta? Are the one on Youtube? If you are I’ve been watching your videos.

That is what I remember hearing once, and if that is the case I doubt there will be problem since everyone seems to be quiet fulfilled with their own religion an religious practices. However like you said, that is something for the future and I have to learn the basics first.

Senebty to you as well. (The words and phrases will take a while to get used too.)

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »
Yes indeed, I am the one on YouTube :) I'm glad that someone is getting some good out of them!
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »
Your videos have been very informative and interesting not only actually hear people speak about Kemeticism (since there is something to be learned on other levels outside of just text-based) and to learn more about Kemetic Orthodoxy specifically.

Offline Tarekbast

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:18 pm »
Em hotep and welcome Zeoriel! Hope you find what you're looking for here.
-Tarek

Sat Bast
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset her Set

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:47 pm »
Welcome Zeoriel! I think Tepta about covered it.

I think the current class may have just started, but there's nothing to say you can't get your application in early for the next one.

The KIN forum has people from inside and outside the House of Netjer on it, and it can be a good resource as well.
Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline Mezaenaset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 11:30:26 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, Zeoriel!
Sa Aset-Serqet her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Mery Bast-Mut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, NebetHet-Nit-Seshat her Djehuty

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:45 am »
Thank-you very much everyone.

If a current class is already started I can wait for the next one. I can gladly study on my on until the next class time roles around. Also, Thank-you very much for the link to the other forum as well. I certainly be reading everything there as well. I certainly have a lot learn.

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 03:36:22 am »
Em Hotep and welcome to the boards
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Wenidjehuty

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:40:45 am »
Em hotep and welcome! Enjoy the forum!
Wenidjehuty - 'Swiftness of Djehuty'

Sa Djehuty mery Wepwawet-Yinepu

"I put the temple of Djehuty in its former condition,
I caused every rite to be as before..."
                                                                Petosiris' Tomb Inscription

Offline Rev. Raheri

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 08:11:20 am »
Em hotep and welcome to the forums!
Son of Wesir-Sokar | Heri-sesheta
Awakening in Amenti | revmatt@kemet.org

"O my Mother Nut, stretch Yourself over me,
hat I may be placed among the imperishable stars which are in You, and that I may never die."

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:34 am »
Thank-you all very much!

EDIT - Oh and to clean up any possible confusion on IP address difference - I’m in college so tote a laptop around me all around campus as well around home.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:29:00 am by Zeoriel »

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 09:36:24 am »
Em hotep! It is so wonderful to have you. Thanks for your honest and interest.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:19 am »
Em hotep and welcome! You're in good company. We have several genderqueer/trans/you name it folks around, myself included. And like Tepta mentioned, we also have some multiple systems as members of the House. Everyone here is treated as a singular human being, but no one's self-identities will be argued against, so I don't think you've got anything to worry about. :)

Enjoy the learning and enjoy the beginner's course when it rolls around - it's a lot of fun and quite helpful. You'll also find a wealth of resources just reading through the forums and talking to folks.

Nice to meet you. :)
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298652
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117