Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: New Person From Arkansas  (Read 12559 times)

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
Re: New Person From Arkansas
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 10:24:18 am »
Thank-you very much. Pleasure to meet you all.

That is good to hear that there are other trans or genderqueer people here, though I hope being non-op will not confuse too many people. Its also understandable about treating people as singular by going by physical body as it makes its easier from the start, plus since only I am interested in worshiping the Netjer (or is it Netjeru? I’m still normalizing myself with the  phrases and words) and so everyone is only going to deal with me anyway.

Offline Asetbesai

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:15:17 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Zeoriel.  As one of those that falls in to a similar situation I can tell you that the House is quite accepting of such things.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions. :)
AsetBesai "Aset protects/nutures me"
Sat [color:purple]Aset-Serqet[/color] Meryt [color:blue]Bast[/color] her [color:red]Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
[color:green]A beautiful thing is never perfect ~ Egyptian Proverb[/color]

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »
Hotep Zeoriel and welcome! ^^  I know one of our multiples is posting (albeit she is a bit busy), as she's been active recently.  As far as the one RPD/Shemsu name per body, I think, afaik, it might be similar to the being dependent on family/living with them situation with the beginner's course, where everyone must have some sort of consensus of what's going on (but eh, 3 hours of sleep all night makes me a bit irrational, so I leave that to others who're more rested).
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:55 pm »
Em hotep, Zeoriel :).

Don't worry - The House of Netjer is about honouring our deities. There is no judgement on your personal life. I, personally, don't like the word "judgement", as it sort of intimates that we might "fail" at something. If that is the case...well, I'm probably a "failed" mother and grandmother - actually, I think I set high standards for myself and don't congratulate myself on the things that I do actually get right.  (My grandchildren love me :) ).

We are not a judgmental community here. Please feel free to ask any questions you feel you need to.

Welcome :).

Seneby,
Ni.

Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 12:46:22 pm »
Thank-you very much, Asetbesai and Niheri.

I can understand what you mean, Siwy. If that is the main concern - wanting to make sure all in the body are savvy on the rules and vows being taken. Community/family and harmony is important and miscommunication/agitation is against the ideals of Kemeticism, I’m correct? If that sums up the main concern, I don’t think there will be a problem at all on our end. Everyone in our system is very supporting of each others religious beliefs and everyone is willing to support each other wherever able whether that be acknowledging each others ethics and taboos/limitations and so on.

Thank-you all for such warm welcomes and support.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:47:40 pm by Zeoriel »

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »
Another part of it is that nobody is required to "give up" or repudiate another faith. So I would guess that all parts don't have to be Kemetic, as long as they're all respectful of everyone.
Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
Shrine Beautiful Inspiring, Enchanting Sacred Spaces.
Kemetic Roundtable Kemetic bloggers giving their perspectives on beginner questions.

Offline Wenidjehuty

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 01:24:57 pm »
( Like the new icon, Helms - much better! :D )
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:27:27 pm by Petosiris »
Wenidjehuty - 'Swiftness of Djehuty'

Sa Djehuty mery Wepwawet-Yinepu

"I put the temple of Djehuty in its former condition,
I caused every rite to be as before..."
                                                                Petosiris' Tomb Inscription

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »
Em hotep Zeoriel! Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to getting to know you. :) We never judge anyone here on anything. There are several of us who follow other paths alongside Kemetic Orthodox. I follow Druidry and witchcraft, and have found no problem at all. this is a lovely community and they fast became extended family to me. I finished Beginner's Class in January, after the third attempt, :D and I loved it!
 Senebty,
Linda. :)
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 03:19:10 pm »
That’s true, Helmsman and Linda, so even if someone doesn’t believes in multiplicity even by psychological reasons/causes, the me/us situation for all the ‘religious present’ should still not be a problem.  

It took three attempts? Are the classes hard or require tests? Perhaps I should spend my time studying like crazy outside of the introductory class.  

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »
Quote from: Zeoriel
That’s true, Helmsman and Linda, so even if someone doesn’t believes in multiplicity even by psychological reasons/causes, the me/us situation for all the ‘religious present’ should still not be a problem.  

It took three attempts? Are the classes hard or require tests? Perhaps I should spend my time studying like crazy outside of the introductory class.  

Hotep, Zeoriel!

There are no tests for the beginners class. It is simply a correspondence course with lessons you can read in your e-mail in your own time, and a chat to come to maybe once a week if you can. Afterwards you are asked if you want to stay on as a Remetj and given a graduation questionnaire (not graded, they're just questions to you), turn that in and there you go. You don't really have to "pass" anything to get through the beginners course, though we do hope you use it as an opportunity to learn as much as you can. :)

Oh! There are, however, "quizzes." These quizzes come with the lessons and they are not graded, I'm pretty sure you can turn them in if you want but I don't think they're required. They're for you to check your own comprehension.

Senebty!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:31:32 pm by Tepta »
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »
Quote from: Tepta
Hotep, Zeoriel!

There are no tests for the beginners class. It is simply a correspondence course with lessons you can read in your e-mail in your own time, and a chat to come to maybe once a week if you can. Afterwards you are asked if you want to stay on as a Remetj and given a graduation questionnaire (not graded, they're just questions to you), turn that in and there you go. You don't really have to "pass" anything to get through the beginners course, though we do hope you use it as an opportunity to learn as much as you can. :)

Oh! There are, however, "quizzes." These quizzes come with the lessons and they are not graded, I'm pretty sure you can turn them in if you want but I don't think they're required. They're for you to check your own comprehension.

Senebty!

Ah. I see. That makes a lot of sense. Thank-you very much for taking the time to explain the idea behind the classes. It sounds like the classes are a lot more about personal understanding and growth than just or only learning facts and practices.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Zeoriel »

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, Zeoriel!

Yes, the classes are a special time for getting to know yourself, the Gods, and the community.  It's a 'this is what we are, this is what we do, this is how we (collectively) interact with the Gods, and this is how we (singularly) develop our personal relationships with the gods.

Blessings and Senebty,

Tahai
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Zeoriel

• Remetj
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 07:53:29 pm »
Thank-you Tahai!

This isn't exactly introductory but it is rather amusingly funny that just happened a bit ago about how much I have to learn -

I read about the use of natron during ritual bathing so I look up natron for what it is and perhaps how to buy it. I find out what its made from and has been used for but can’t for the life of me find a sliver of internet data saying where you can possibly buy it. (I’m wondering - Harps? Wal-Mart? A local health food store?) At a lost I go ask my mother if she has ever heard of natron and she hasn’t the slightest idea let alone where to find it.

Then I stumble on Helmsman of Yinepu’s lovely entry "Bathtime" for the Pagan Blog Project explaining how its made (among other really helpful information), lost silly newbie me can’t help but think “oh!” So then wander back and explain the elementary jest to my mother. She says, “Makes sense. Well, there’s your natron. You know where we keep salt and baking soda.” Boy, nothing phases my mother…

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 09:22:12 pm »

Em hotep and welcome, Zeoriel! I hope you enjoy your time here. (And have fun making your natron! ^_^)

Shefyt
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 12:22:50 pm »
Quote from: Zeoriel

No Zeoriel, the classes weren't hard at all. :) It was just me being me and dragging my heels and confusing myself, until Aset kicked me into touch! :D I'm an expert at confusing myself. When I took the class, I realised how I'd worried for nothing. Go for it, you won't regret it, I haven't. *hugs*
You don't know what you can do until you try.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298652
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955