collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Mut in syncretization with other Names  (Read 9132 times)

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 09:59:22 am »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:43:51 pm by Naisenu »

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Mut in syncretization with other Names
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:04 pm »
Despite not knowing either Bast or Mut (or any -Muts) personally, I'm happy to jump in here because of this little snip:

Quote from: TabauAmunet
How about non-Mut syncretizations?

How about other syncretic Names? Do you also run into the individual Names as well?

My Mother is Hethert-Nut. She is Hethert-as-sky, Hethert-the-Celestial-Cow - there's no Sekhmet in Her. But I've also briefly encountered both Hethert and Nut as Themselves, separately from my Mother. (Bear with me; I tend to identify Netjeru by Their colors as I see them.)

Hethert-Nut is royal purple, a rich color like silks. Hethert Herself is a vivid bright red, shinier and more lively than Sekhmet-red (which is darker, like an ember in a hearth or the sky at dawn). Nut is a deep, almost-black blue. I even see Nut's stars differently from Hethert-Nut's - Nut's are silver, Hethert-Nut's gold.

As for personality difference... Hethert-Nut is joyous and expansive and vast, warm and huge and yet quiet. (I've compared Her to an summer night under an open sky with fireflies about.) Hethert is sharper, faster, louder, hotter - more the metallic jingling of bells than the tolling of a gong. Nut is just as big-feeling as Hethert-Nut, but Nut is cool or even cold where Hethert-Nut is warm. Nut is reserved and composed where Hethert-Nut is welcoming and inviting.

This thread has been such a pleasure to read - thank you all for sharing your insights!
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Naisenu

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 11:41:27 am »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:43:41 pm by Naisenu »

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »
Quote from: Naisenu
Emky, as a child of Hethert-Nut, is Sekhmet also present in your divination?

Nope. Hethert-Nut has no Sekhmet within Her. She is Hethert-as-cow, not Hethert-as-lion, as Hemet explained to me.

I know Sekhmet separately and have for years, but She is not in my lineup.
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »
I'm still getting to know Bast-Mut, as my beloved, but She does tend to wander in and out like a cat, demanding attention at Her discretion. =3
I agree with Bast being very much like "laying in the sun warm", and I've gotten Her a couple of times as playful, but mostly as the weight of a very large cat (domestic, but even still, large for that) on my legs or lap, depending on where I am. Usually when I'm depressed. She's often very tactile in my perceptions of Her.
One thing that was distinctly Bast-Mut that happened, was She flatly told me that ALL my perfumes are now belong to her. Especially the nice boutique ones. She definitely acted like "you know these were mine to begin with, don't be silly about it."
I once saw straight-up Mut in a vision before my RPD, and it floored me. Her gown wasn't white or gold, but the best way I can describe it is as sunlight. Same color for Her royal vulture headdress. She was fully human, taller than all the other Names gathered around her, and definitely inspired awe. She inspired deep love and respect from me, and She did feel loving, in a slightly aloof, very dignified way. She was the distillation of Queen for me.  
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

Offline Sekhmetbitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:00 am »
I once saw straight-up Mut in a vision before my RPD, and it floored me. Her gown wasn't white or gold, but the best way I can describe it is as sunlight. Same color for Her royal vulture headdress. She was fully human, taller than all the other Names gathered around her, and definitely inspired awe. She inspired deep love and respect from me, and She did feel loving, in a slightly aloof, very dignified way. She was the distillation of Queen for me.

Yes, that is how I see Her as well. regal is the best word I can think to describe her; very much invested with female royal power.
Sekhmetbitu "Sekhmet's (Good) Charachter"

[color:#CC0000]Sat Sekhmet[/color]
[color:#990099]Meryt Mut & Khenty-Amentiu[/color]

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal