Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: The Valley Temple at Giza: missing collossi and master position  (Read 8412 times)

Offline Setken

The Valley Temple at Giza: missing collossi and master position
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:24:01 am »
(This is a cross posting from KIN Forum also)

I am trying to track down some information (with little success as of yet) pertaining to the Valley Temple by the Sphinx at Giza.

It is apparent that colossal staues were once situated there, and I am trying to find out who they were of - pharaohs or Netjer?

Also, one part of the temple where one of the statues used to be is considered esoterically by some as the master position - and I can not find info on this either.

Anyone care to comment?

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: The Valley Temple at Giza: missing collossi and master position
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:26 pm »
Em hotep

If you are referring to the valley temple of King Khafre, which would be the closest to the Sphinx, K. Bard's _Encyclopedia of Archaeology of Ancient Egypt says there were 23 sockets for statues of the king found in the temple, probably similar to that famous seated statue now in the Cairo Museum. Statue fragments were found throughout the temple.

As for the "master position" that might be less an archaeological/Egyptological concept and more an esoteric one. I don't have any information thereof in my resources, sorry.

Senebty!
Sedjemes
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Setken

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:12:44 am »
Thanks for this, it is a start. And yes, I dare say that the master position reference is esoteric.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:30:23 pm »
Quote from: Setken
(This is a cross posting from KIN Forum also)

I am trying to track down some information (with little success as of yet) pertaining to the Valley Temple by the Sphinx at Giza.

It is apparent that colossal staues were once situated there, and I am trying to find out who they were of - pharaohs or Netjer?

Also, one part of the temple where one of the statues used to be is considered esoterically by some as the master position - and I can not find info on this either.

Anyone care to comment?

The master position, and all "real" information regarding this was "removed" a long time ago at the bequest of the gods. Humans are not worthy yet for such things.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:12:42 am by MERITSEKHMET »
Ankh Wedja Seneb

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:26 am »
Thank you for your opinion MeritSekhmet.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:20:07 am »
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset

It wasn't an opinion but a fact :D
Ankh Wedja Seneb

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:55 am »
Interesting question Setken, I'd like to know more about this myself (might have to do a bit of 'digging' I'll let you know what I find :P).   What did they have to say about it in KIN?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Hedeb »
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:23 pm »
Quote from: MERITSEKHMET
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset

It wasn't an opinion but a fact :D  

For future readers:
Please note that MeritSekhmet is not a member of the House of Netjer, or a member of this forum, rather a guest. Her opinions are not indicative or representative of any of the opinions of actual members of the House, nor of any teachings of this Temple.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:51 pm »
Could either KI Sedjemes or Setken please tell me what the master position is? It is a position for statues or something else?
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
Sau Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:58 pm »
Quote from: NebitBast
Could either KI Sedjemes or Setken please tell me what the master position is? It is a position for statues or something else?

To put it very simply, it is a focal point that concentrates the ley lines in the area. Placing all the statues in the correct order, at the correct time opens certain doors that are not ready to be opened as humans, being as primitive as they are, have been deemed as not worthy yet to receive this blessing.
Ankh Wedja Seneb

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »
Quote from: NebitBast

To put it very simply, it is a focal point that concentrates the ley lines in the area. Placing all the statues in the correct order, at the correct time opens certain doors that are not ready to be opened as humans, being as primitive as they are, have been deemed as not worthy yet to receive this blessing.

Thank you for your input but as my post indicates, I'd prefer an answer from one of my teachers, KI Sedjemes.
Sau Apprentice

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:59 pm »

A part of me hates to say this, but I have had a dream of this. I remember it like it was yesterday. I will not explain in detail, for that is something I like to keep to myself for the time being. But I do personally believe your words here have truth in them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rayashi »
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:38 pm »
Em hotep Nebit,

The Pyramids at Giza and the Sphinx have long been the subjects of both archaeological/Egyptological/historical, and of more mystical/esoteric evaluations, for some years. There are a few researchers that ascribe to the Sphinx being several millenia older than it is generally considered, for example, predating the pyramids.

If you do a search of ley lines, master positions, great pyramid, etc you may come across websites that purport to explain such things. The reference is not specifically Egyptological (I will go ahead and point out that Egyptology is by no means an exact science nor does it ever attempt to claim it has the entire correct knowledge of what actually occurred during Pharaonic history).

I don't personally subscribe to the idea of ley lines or mystical things in relation to the Pyramids. They are marvelous feats of engineering and architecture, and the simple symbolism they inspire with regard to fundamental concepts of the afterlife are fairly awesome, in my opinion. But that's my take. There are plenty of books, both scholarly and spiritual, that will provide lots to ponder and allow everyone to decide what they will about what the Pyramids may represent.
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »
Em Hotep KI Sedjemes! *Hugs*
Thank you for the explanation. When I did a search for "Master Position", most of the sites were for sex so... yeah. Not to helpful. ha ha. As for Ley Lines... I've been in places where two or more cross (there is one about 2 hours from where I live) and the power one feels from it is an amazing experience.
Sau Apprentice

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 12:51:32 pm »
Hotep Nebit,

You might have needed an additional search term in there :)

I like the general idea of ley lines. I think there are more amazing things in the universe than we "know" right now. That's all fine. I don't believe that such things have to be the underlying basis for architecture and engineering and even religious and spiritual symbolism. Such things *can* be--I don't think they *have* to be. Human beings can design amazing things simply because doing so seems prudent, wise, inspired.

What places were you in?
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3261
  • stats Total Posts: 298706
  • stats Total Topics: 20483
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955