collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Non-Senut Personal Rites  (Read 17845 times)

Offline Setken

Re: Non-Senut Personal Rites
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:31 pm »
It is a treat reading through everyone's rituals and approaches to Netjer!

My practice is still evolving, but includes Senut (taken largely from Reverend Siuda's book), and some magickal workings. I have also used some rituals from Richard Reidy's book and from Don Webb's books.

I now have a Shrine Room, so it is set up for when I meditate, when I paint or sculpt, and for when I wish to write in my magickal / spiritual journal.

Reading here has lent some inspiration as to how these practices may further evolve, so thanks everyone.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:51 am »
Em hotep.

Interesting thread - thanks, Sobeq :).

Raheri's idea for the Akhu is brilliant - I will start something similar for myself right away. I have been wanting to include my Akhu more in my life lately, and have been going to the cemetary to my father-in-law's grave site, to chat to him and offer bread and beer. I sometimes have to "make" myself go, as it's quite a walk, and if I'm tired I tend to make excuses to myself, but it is worth the effort in helping me feel closer to all my Akhu.

Like, Kai Imakhu Sedjemes I greet Ra almost every day :).

I'm a night sky lover, too, and enjoy a moonlit walk thinking of Nut and the Akhu. I think I will offer Nut cool water next time I do this.

Great ideas, everyone :).

Senebty,
Ni.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:48 am »
Hotep folks,

As per my last posted, for two days in a row now I have been burning incense for both my Akhu and the Names at night before going to bed. I think I might actually go to the fabric store today to see about getting some dark blue fabric with stars on it for my shrine. I've been trying to stay on the look-out for a fabric for a Hethert shrine I have been contemplating, and last night just before I drifted off to sleep, I got the scent of perfume that wasn't me, my boyfriend or the Morning Star Sandalwood incense I was burning. I've smelled it before once, a few months ago. It's kinda like this spicy but sweet blend...

Anyway, I could just BARELY hear this sweet, very womanly voice ask me why I wasn't going to simply hand embroider some green silk duponi cloth I have on hand for the shrine cloth to Hethert.

And honestly, I have no reason not to. I have the green silk duponi, and I have gold embroidery thread. So...yes. Now I just need a floating shelf and a statue for Her and things will be set.

Nothing yet from my Akhu, but they're normally very silent anyway...save for when I go to bed with my make-up on. Then my paternal Grandmother gets REALLY vocal with me.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:48 pm »
I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread, as it has been very enlightening!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar and Wepwawet
Kemetic Humanism / New England Kemetic Organizing

Offline Sekhmetbitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 02:23:34 pm »
When I was a Jackal Weekend at Tawy, I was instructed by the jackal himself to get a small statue and set up a shrine facing the most-used door in the house. In addition to my Senut & Akhu shrines which are inside and on top of a closed cabinet, this Jackal shrine has been elaborated into a black divination bowl He liked, an etched glass Yinepu I made in high school 18 years ago, and an incense bowl/dish thing that was in the closing ceremony for the first Pagan camping gathering I ever attended. It's in my living room and so receives the informal prayers, toddler smiles, incense and candy offerings in my house. I don't do these things at any regular schedule, though.
Sekhmetbitu "Sekhmet's (Good) Charachter"

[color:#CC0000]Sat Sekhmet[/color]
[color:#990099]Meryt Mut & Khenty-Amentiu[/color]

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 02:40:13 pm »
Quote from: Sekhmetbitu
I was instructed by the jackal himself to get a small statue and set up a shrine facing the most-used door in the house.  

You too huh? Cool! :)
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 03:35:01 pm »
Quote from: Sekhmetbitu
When I was a Jackal Weekend at Tawy, I was instructed by the jackal himself to get a small statue and set up a shrine facing the most-used door in the house. In addition to my Senut & Akhu shrines which are inside and on top of a closed cabinet, this Jackal shrine has been elaborated into a black divination bowl He liked, an etched glass Yinepu I made in high school 18 years ago, and an incense bowl/dish thing that was in the closing ceremony for the first Pagan camping gathering I ever attended. It's in my living room and so receives the informal prayers, toddler smiles, incense and candy offerings in my house. I don't do these things at any regular schedule, though.

OOH. That is INTERESTING. I'll have to talk with Him about that, as I want to set up something informal to do with all of my lineup. :)
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar and Wepwawet
Kemetic Humanism / New England Kemetic Organizing

Offline AsetSeqai

• Shemsu
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »
Em hotep
What is a Jackal and Jackal shrine?
In Her Service
ASETSEQAI
Daughter Of Aset-Serqet
Beloved Of Sekhmet-Hethert

Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.

Offline NebitBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 06:36:25 pm »
@Asetseqai: A Jackal usually is referring to either Yinepu or Wepwawet or both. A Jackal Shrine is a special shine set up for Them even if They do not appear in one's line up.

For me, Mom gets most of the attention. Yinepu and Heru-wer have made it clear that Bast gets all of the Senut attention unless I have something specific to Them to pray for. I do at least one full henu in front of the shrine a day and put fresh water in her cup at night, even if I'm not pure. I also have a little Key-chain that I bought that was left on the shrine for a month as an offering and now I keep it with me at all times.
My Jackal is very serious until He sees sweets or toys, then He is very much The Royal Child. I try and get candy for Him when I can. Heru-wer and I are still getting used to each other. The old man likes His rum though so He gets a cup full as often as I can.
I am Bast the Flaming One
Meset Bast, Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet!
"Self-Care Bast Advocate"
Class 33 graduate
Sau Apprentice

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »
Quote from: ASETSEQAI
Em hotep
What is a Jackal and Jackal shrine?

Hotep~

Jackal  refers to Yinepu(Anubis) or Wepwawet, as they typically appear as a jackal or Jackal-headed. A Jackal-shrine would be an area specifically dedicated to either (or both) of these Gods.

Edit: Nebit! You beat me to it!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:42:06 pm by Inucirrus »
Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Hedjhotep-Heru-sa-Aset, her Shezmu

Regardless if I'm active, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever. ♥

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu

I know many such rituals are personal, but if you feel comfortable sharing, what are your own practices like?

My akhu and a few netjeri get the lion's share of my daily ritual attention.

My two 'active' shrines right now are my akhu shrine (of course) and another that is more of an intentional, heka-of-the-moment type thing.

At the beginning of each day, I spend time with my akhu, refresh their water and oil, burn a vegetable oil candle and incense and place whatever offerings for them I will.

I have a Nut & Geb Shen living in my akhu shrine that gets a prayer and a daub of Hethert oil on it at that time. I also say two short blessings for my Akhu from   The Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook:

43. Prayer to Geb for the Akhu

O Geb, may your arms be around the Wesir (deceased's name). May his face shine and his eyes open.

and

44. Akhu Prayer to Nut Under the Nighttime Sky

O You Who are high in the stars, you shall never die.

I have a short ritual I perform before doing creative things, one before work, and others. All of these are my own creations.

I actually only rarely make offerings to Netjer directly. When I do, it is because a particular Name has come strongly into focus and seems especially relevant to something that is developing. Right now, it's Hethert, Nut and the Nun who claim that spotlight.

=====================================================================

Quote from: Arienihethert
I also try to offer my morning exercise, whatever it may be, to my Mother or one of my Beloveds. When possible, I also include a period of quiet meditation after exercise because that's when my brain is most quiet.
...Even if my gods aren't interested in how much I sweated in their honor, they have shown great interest in my health at the very least.

I love this, Arieni! I think I might just do the same. They've shown great interest in my health too. :)

Quote from: Mezaenaset

Here is a short video of that prayer.    Click!

BEAUTIFUL video! Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:34:25 pm by Maainakhtsen »
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

Offline AsetSeqai

• Shemsu
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:22 am »
Em hotep
thank you all for explaining it to me.
In Her Service
ASETSEQAI
Daughter Of Aset-Serqet
Beloved Of Sekhmet-Hethert

Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02:23 pm »
Em hotep, everyone.

I loved what Sobeqsenu said, earlier. (I  can never make the computer do "quotes!).

Senebty,
Ni.

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 08:49:54 pm »
Do
[*quote=Name of poster]Blah blah blah
I loved what Sobeqsenu said, earlier. (I can never make the computer do "quotes!).[*/quote]
Without the asterisks (*) :D

Or click Quote at the bottom of the post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TabauAmunet »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:08 pm »
Thanks, Tabau. I will try...

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304388
  • stats Total Topics: 21164