collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Non-Senut Personal Rites  (Read 14603 times)

Offline Shukheperas_ankhi

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Non-Senut Personal Rites
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:08 am »
Quote from: Devo
I don't perform Senut ever, really. I do a daily (or close to it) ritual that is a stripped down form of what Reidy presents in his book. Once I get more stable in my mood, health and schedule, I'd like to flesh out my ritual to make it more well bodied. But it will still be based off of the Reidy structure, I think.

Usually, it involves asking the gods to awake in peace, removing old offerings, a ka embrace, bringing in new offerings, and prayers at the end.

-Devo

I just picked up a kindle edition of this book and I'm pretty interested in seeing what he has to say.  I like the concept you mentioned of removing old offerings, I always find myself unsure of what to do with mine.  I know I can share with Netjer, and I like to do that, but more often than not I tend to give my water libations and other liquid offerings back to the earth.  
Sat Khepera her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
☀️ Khepera's sunlight makes me live 🌻
meryt Djehuty her Serqet-Aset
|Discord Moderator|Sema Ka|
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »
Traditionally, offerings would be consumed after each ritual. However, I don't use edible offerings, so instead, I wait until the next ritual, and remove them before doing much of anything. For which, I store the items in a drawer. As for my water offering, I usually give that to my plants, animals, or fish tank. I could drink it, but I don't care for the way the water tastes after it's sat in my case all day lol.

The book is really good. I recommend reading it.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:08 pm »
I don't perform Senut ever, really. I do a daily (or close to it) ritual that is a stripped down form of what Reidy presents in his book. Once I get more stable in my mood, health and schedule, I'd like to flesh out my ritual to make it more well bodied. But it will still be based off of the Reidy structure, I think.

Usually, it involves asking the gods to awake in peace, removing old offerings, a ka embrace, bringing in new offerings, and prayers at the end.

-Devo

I really ought to pick up that book. I've been trying to formulate an additional ritual to Senut (a weekly or monthly one) for a while and while I like the structure of Wiccan ritual... I just can't conform it to Kemetic religion. Ah well.

I've been planning on starting very simple rituals with candles and incense for a while but just haven't been in a place that has allowed me to set it up. Hopefully with my move, things will straighten out and allow me to develop the religious practice I've been contemplating.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:30:08 pm »
In one of the weekly meetings that I lead at work, I've secretly dedicated a standing agenda item to my Parents.  I'll select topics I think would be relevant to my Parents, within context. Some are brainstorming sessions where I get everyone involved, or I'll do a presentation on a subject.

I love doing it, even though it is sometimes a lot of extra work. It is my way of taking my Parents in to work with me and keeping Them with me throughout my days.  
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.

Offline Shukheperas_ankhi

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:00:39 pm »
However, I don't use edible offerings, so instead, I wait until the next ritual, and remove them before doing much of anything.

I did browse through your LJ briefly earlier today and saw your method of offerings and I thought it was pretty creative.  As I don't usually want to eat what I offer (not really because I don't like the things I offer, more so because I shouldn't be eating a lot of it), I'm considering your method on offerings.  I don't want to limit the types of offerings I make because I only eat certain foods, or only want to eat certain foods, so your way seems like an interesting compromise.  
Sat Khepera her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
☀️ Khepera's sunlight makes me live 🌻
meryt Djehuty her Serqet-Aset
|Discord Moderator|Sema Ka|
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Mezaenaset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »
Em hotep, Sobeq!

Every morning I greet my akhu and offer them cool water.  I then light candles and incense for Aset and say a prayer to Her.

Here is a short video of that prayer.    Click!

Senebty,

~Meza~
Sa Aset-Serqet her Nisut (AUS) Hekatawy I
Mery Bast-Mut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, NebetHet-Nit-Seshat her Djehuty

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »
That was really beautiful Meza thank you for sharing. :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »
That was very beautiful Meza, indeed! :D
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »
Mezaen...that was beautiful! :) thank you for sharing.
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:02 pm »
For awhile I dedicated my daily standing meditation to Heru-sa-Aset. Before bed, I would light the incense warmer candle. I invited Heru to join me as I listened to music and stood in front of the shrine. I would stand until my muscles started to shake, and then I'd listen to one more song. Many times I'd chat with him as I stood there. Sometimes he'd make adjustments to my posture. The practice is both relaxing and strengthening. I should do it again tonight.

Other times I'll have shrine time without doing senut, usually for purity reasons. I'll just say something like "I light the incense. I bring the offerings. Come if you will." Then it's their choice if they want to get together informally or not. (Not that it ever isn't their choice!)

Even more informally than that, if I'm out someplace special and doing or seeing something They would appreciate, I give them a little nudge and invite them to join me. Sometimes I do this during tai chi practice, movies, while listening to music, while enjoying a delicious meal, or taking a walk.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline MiMafdet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »
Meza, that was incredible, beautiful!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their personal rites! These are wonderful!

Sat Mafdet her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Hedjhotep-Heru-sa-Aset, her Shezmu

Regardless if I'm active, if you can read this: I am always here for you. Email MiMafdet@gmail if you ever are in need. Of anything. Ever. ♥

Offline Tahesatmuti

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »
Beautiful, Meza!
-Tahesatmuti (Tahesat)
Catholic follower of ma'at.

Offline Nityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:10 pm »
Each one of the Names in my lineup has a necklace, which I wear when I want to feel close to that particular Name, or when I'm doing something that They like.  
Nityinepu AKA Niti Yinepu's
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Bast-Mut, her Khnum
Sau Apprentice-in-waiting

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:00 pm »
You know....I think I could listen to Meza for hours.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 08:02:31 pm »
*echoes the appreciation for Meza's video* (BTW, my housemate says to tell you that you have a new fan. ^_^ )

Once a week, on Sunday, I offer some combination of flame, cool water, and incense to my Mother, Beloveds, the God(s) of the year and the month, the Seven Arrows of Bast, and sometimes sundry other Gods; I also make my offerings to the Akhu then. It's not a particularly formal ritual; just an opportunity to connect. And so many times I've thought, ugh, I'm tired today, I don't want to do this, but then I do it, and every time it brings such quiet peace and satisfaction.

I have a whole bunch of little prayers that I say at various times throughout the day: over the first glass of water that I drink, when I start my commute, when I first see the sun, etc. Each is just a few lines, but again, it's a touchstone to Netjer.

Senebty,

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3261
  • stats Total Posts: 298706
  • stats Total Topics: 20483
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955