Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Bast-Mut  (Read 2125 times)

Bast-Mut
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:40:30 am »
Em Hotep everyone,

I was recently divined as the daughter of Bast-Mut but I don't really know much about her...I have read about Bast and Mut but somehow, I'm lost @_@..Is there a difference between Mut-Bast??Dominance?If you guys know anywhere I can read more about her or have information about her that you would like to share..that would be great and highly appreciated!!:)

Thank you and have a great day ahead...
Senebty~

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
Re: Bast-Mut
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:26:03 am »
Hotep sister!! :D

First, and foremost, nekhtet on your RPD, and nekhtet on being a daughter of Bast-Mut! :) :) :)

I wrote up the following waaaaaay back in October of 2006, while attending an intensive weekend at Tawy House which centered around the Eyes of Ra. It's about my own, personal relationship with Momma, how I see and perceive Her... and I've gotten comments from my brothers and sisters that it's helped quite a bit in learning about Her (*blush*):

Bast-Mut

Who is She?
-She is undefined, vast, powerful, gentle, kind, loving, protective.
-She is an Eye of Ra.
-She is too close to feel, yet the perfect distance for each.
-She is regal, yet playful; motherly, yet stern; does things when She wants, how She wants, where She wants.
-She is that which made my Ba. She owns my hearts, powers my life, here & in the unseen.
-She, as Neheti so succinctly put it, slips between my fingers when I try to define Her.
-She has said on many occasions, 'Talk with My children to know Me."
-She is undescribable to most; most of Her children agree & understand.

What does She mean to me?
-She is my life. I live for Her, I breath for Her, I serve for Her. I *am* Hers.
-She created my eternal self. I will ALWAYS be Her daughter, whether I know it or not.
-She named my "TuwerherBastMut", "Show respect to Bast-Mut." I show respect to Her, I show respect to everybody.

She is Who She is for me, because that's what I need from Her, & that's what She gives to me.

I'm always, always, ALWAYS happy to talk about Momma, so feel free to poke at me if you wanna talk. :)
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:39 am »
Thank you :)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:07:55 am »
Thank you :)

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »
 Sekhmet-Mut at the British Museum

Those are statues of Sekhmet-Mut from the British Museum, but they're also one of the closest things I've seen in person to an image of Bast-Mut, and I think looking at them was pretty enlightening. Grace and force.
Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Bast-Mut, meryt Djehuty.

Kheret - 'Subject to Two'

Aide-toi, le ciel t'aidera.

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
Remember, Bast was once a Leonine deity Herself, and so if the glyphs were to say Bast-Mut, et voila! Bast Mut! :)
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3180
  • stats Total Posts: 295985
  • stats Total Topics: 20234
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything