collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: When One Door Closes...  (Read 1339 times)

When One Door Closes...
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »
Since returning to Kemeticism, I have found that Yinepu is playing a large and close part of my life. Before I returned to Christianity four or five years ago, I loved this Deity. My question is this: where did Yinepu go when I rejected Him in favor of Christianty?

When I finally made the decision to come back to Kemeticism just this month, I actually felt Him sobbing with relief and desperation at having me back! I've never felt that from something otherworldly! It was like water for me, because I experienced no affection or guidance from the Christian God. For me, it was like there was nothing there...
I DID have experiences with what I believed to be my "Guardian Angel" and I once had a vision of a beautiful face with blond curls, staring at me with love. Could THIS have been Yinepu?

Re: When One Door Closes...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:36:48 pm »
Em hotep.

In my honest opinion It could have been any number of things and no one here but you can make the decision of who it was.

I also was Christian until recently (I kinda still am in a non religious sense) and I admit that the Father was often too distant to feel but Christ was and still is always at my side.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:37:26 pm by Solar_powered »

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:27 pm »
He probably went about the same things He usually goes about? I do not claim to know the comings and goings of gods. I would imagine that, if you made a choice to keep Him out of your life, and you were taking care of yourself without Him, Yinepu would honor that choice.

That said! Given experiences others have had with the Jackal, that response makes sense in my head. He's a god who cares deeply for His own. Like Chris and you, I had that same feeling of separation with the Christian Trinity. Coming home to Kemet and her gods had me sobbing with joy more than Them. I think They were more concerned with what took me so long!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Qefathethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:53 am »
I've been out of christianity for over 10 years, and in Kemetic Orthodoxy officially for only about a year (honoring Ma'at for much longer, though), but I had a VERY joyful and enthusiastic welcome from Hethert. I finally sat down to explore my interest in Netjer, and prayed to just the Whole Thing, but Hethert bowled me over with hugs and kisses and a huge "FINALLY!!!" in my head

Very much like coming home, and Mom welcoming her wandering daughter. :D
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Bast-Mut her Set.
Devoted to Khonsu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286213
  • stats Total Topics: 19408
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything